Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘Disney Enchantment’ Finale Modified to Add Extra Lasers & Pyro

Recently, some changes were quietly made to the finale of “Disney Enchantment” at the Magic Kingdom to include new laser effects and some extra rounds of fireworks.

The new version of the finale hearkens back to the former “Happily Ever After” with an extra set of flares launching to the left and right of Cinderella Castle as Angela Bassett says “You are the magic”. After, purple and yellow lasers emerge from below the 50 icon on the castle as even more fireworks launch during the finale. The show is then capped off with one red Mickey Mouse silhouette-shaped firework.
That show needs something, it was pretty meh. The projections were, in my opinion, pretty bad and sporadic with all the decorations on the castle making them misshapen. That big 50th emblem was always in the way, I don't know why they didn't have characters work with it rather than around it (have them hang off it, roll it into place, roll it away, push the 5 and 0 into place, something anything else than what they did). And I kept looking back to Main Street waiting to see those projections and they didn't start until halfway through the show which got super annoying because I kept wasting time for something that was there for only a few minutes. Not a feeling you want when ending a day at MK. When we got home from our trip we pulled up Wishes, Happily Ever After, and Enchantment up on youtube to see if we were just having a bad day. Nope, it just seemed like such a slapped together show and the projections during Happily Ever After were so good that it made Enchantment look even worse.

That show needs something, it was pretty meh. The projections were, in my opinion, pretty bad and sporadic with all the decorations on the castle making them misshapen. That big 50th emblem was always in the way, I don't know why they didn't have characters work with it rather than around it (have them hang off it, roll it into place, roll it away, push the 5 and 0 into place, something anything else than what they did). And I kept looking back to Main Street waiting to see those projections and they didn't start until halfway through the show which got super annoying because I kept wasting time for something that was there for only a few minutes. Not a feeling you want when ending a day at MK. When we got home from our trip we pulled up Wishes, Happily Ever After, and Enchantment up on youtube to see if we were just having a bad day. Nope, it just seemed like such a slapped together show and the projections during Happily Ever After were so good that it made Enchantment look even worse.
This is why I go sit comfortably outside Gaston’s Tavern and just watch the fireworks—I don’t actually care about seeing the castle during the show

Count me in the camp of those happy to hear that there are additional elements (fireworks) that don't require being on Main Street to see. I have avoided seeing the new show because I took one look at Main Street filled to the gills up and down the whole street and noped out. It's not just uncomfortable and difficult to watch, it's also a safety issue. Why have intentional crowd crushing?

Hey guys! I’m still in need of 3 Resort Recreation Calendars!! If anyone will be staying at any of these resorts, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me and post it on the Monthly Recreation Calendar Thread? Thanks so much!!!

• All Star Sports
  • Art of Animation Resort
  • Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney Removing Pre-Arrival Purchase Option for Disney Genie+

Disney has just announced modifications to the Disney Genie+ service. Beginning June 8th, Disney Genie+ will not be available as a pre-arrival purchase. Guests will only be able to purchase Disney Genie+ on the day of their visit and only for the current day.

*Adding from DPB:

This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability.

If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit. Please also note this update is also only happening at Walt Disney World Resort and will not affect guests at Disneyland Resort, as the services vary at each destination.

Last edited:
Count me in the camp of those happy to hear that there are additional elements (fireworks) that don't require being on Main Street to see. I have avoided seeing the new show because I took one look at Main Street filled to the gills up and down the whole street and noped out. It's not just uncomfortable and difficult to watch, it's also a safety issue. Why have intentional crowd crushing?

Same here. Way before Covid we stopped watching fireworks from Main Street or the hub. The crush of humans was unpleasant at best. And scary/dangerous at worst.

Disney World 2023 Tickets & Resort Bookings Open June 8 

On June 8, you’ll be able to begin making your travel plans for next year as Walt Disney World Resort will open bookings for theme park tickets, Disney Resort hotel stays and packages for visits in 2023.

There is so much to look forward to at Walt Disney World, including the debut of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind on May 27, the launch of MagicBand+ this summer, the return of more live entertainment – and even more on the horizon!

And with a new year, how about some more park time? Our very popular early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests will continue beyond the 50th Anniversary for visits throughout all of 2023! This benefit gives Disney Resort guests an opportunity to enter ANY of the 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks to enjoy select attractions, shops and dining EVERY day (valid admission, park reservation and Resort ID required).

Last edited:
Wow, I was not expecting this! I hope my tickets for august that already have Genie+ included will not be cancelled :(
From Disney Parks Blog "If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit. Please also note this update is also only happening at Walt Disney World Resort and will not affect guests at Disneyland Resort, as the services vary at each destination. "

Disney has just announced modifications to the Disney Genie+ service. Beginning June 8th, Disney Genie+ will not be available as a pre-arrival purchase. Guests will only be able to purchase Disney Genie+ on the day of their visit and only for the current day.

I wonder if we dare hope that this means they are revamping (or replacing) the system? But likely it just means a future price increase is planned and they don’t want too many people to pre-buy it at the current rate.

I know a lot of AP holders have complained about not being able to make the same advance purchase of G+ that other ticket holders are able to, but I think the hope was that they’d add that option for APs, not take it away from resort guests. Sigh. We should have known better.

Last edited:

*Adding from DPB:

If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit. Please also note this update is also only happening at Walt Disney World Resort and will not affect guests at Disneyland Resort, as the services vary at each destination.
This is strange. Unless they’re looking to cap purchases, I don’t see the point of this

From Disney Parks Blog "If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit. Please also note this update is also only happening at Walt Disney World Resort and will not affect guests at Disneyland Resort, as the services vary at each destination. "
Thanks! You helped me avoid a slight panic attack :cutie:

Disney World 2023 Tickets & Resort Bookings Open June 8 

On June 8, you’ll be able to begin making your travel plans for next year as Walt Disney World Resort will open bookings for theme park tickets, Disney Resort hotel stays and packages for visits in 2023.

There is so much to look forward to at Walt Disney World, including the debut of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind on May 27, the launch of MagicBand+ this summer, the return of more live entertainment – and even more on the horizon!

And with a new year, how about some more park time? Our very popular early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests will continue beyond the 50th Anniversary for visits throughout all of 2023! This benefit gives Disney Resort guests an opportunity to enter ANY of the 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks to enjoy select attractions, shops and dining EVERY day (valid admission, park reservation and Resort ID required).
I was just about to google around for this! I have a couple resort stays for 2023 at rack rate and want to start shopping for better options.

I wonder if we dare hope that this means they are revamping (or replacing) the system? But likely it just means a future price increase is planned and they don’t want too many people to pre-buy it at the current rate.

I know a lot of AP holders have complained about not being able to make the same advance purchase of G+ that other tickets holders are able to, but I think the hope was that they’d add that option for APs, not take it away from resort guests. Sigh. We should have known better.

I think it’s a price increase. We added G+ to our November tickets months ago since I had a feeling something like this was coming. I’m thinking in August they’ll make one ILL in each park permanent and increase the price of G+. They may also cap sales since it mentions subject to availability but who knows.

Last edited:
This is strange. Unless they’re looking to cap purchases, I don’t see the point of this
This is what I was wondering, if it will help control how many people can purchase it. I liked the convenience of getting it for thr whole trip in advance but I will probably save money not needing to get it every day of the trip for every park.

Yeah ... I don't get this decision. Especially since I've read of various issues of people trying to add G+ after midnight or day of. Disney IT is bad enough already, but it may get even worse when the system crashes as everyone is trying to add G+ at the same time every day along making the G+ reservations.

I think it’s a price increase. We added G+ to our November tickets months ago since I had a feeling something like this was coming. I’m thinking in August they’ll make one ILL in each park permanent and increase the price of G+. They may also cap sales since it mentions subject to availability but who knows.

I already added G+ to my November trip as well ... I don't think I needed for every day of the trip, but figured I'd pre-book it before a price increase which I still think is likely before Nov

The did add on the Genie+ site the following

Purchase on the date of visit, one day at a time, via the complimentary Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience mobile app, subject to availability."

It does look like it will be capped. Which IMO is much needed.

This is what I was wondering, if it will help control how many people can purchase it. I liked the convenience of getting it for thr whole trip in advance but I will probably save money not needing to get it every day of the trip for every park.

Looking back at the Disney statement ... and as Mrsap bolded:

This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability.

I'm leaning towards the idea that WDW may be looking to cap the G+ purchasing ... along with raising the price around the same time to offset reduced purchasing

Gird your loins folks...magical enhancements to Genie+ inbound lol!
Lol. Apparently not much more will be changed til the end of the year due to those who have added it into their tickets. They don't want to offer refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter