DISNEY MAGIC - 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise - November 2, 2014

Group Name

• Magic Cruisers

• Merlin's Magical Mystery Tour

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi. My family would like to join the group of FE's. We just signed up for this cruise on Tuesday and are very excited to participate in this. I'm new to the DIS boards, so I'm trying to figure out how to join the group exactly.
It will be myself, my husband, 10 year old daughter and 4 year old daughter. Please let me know how to join.
Thank you!

Hi. My family would like to join the group of FE's. We just signed up for this cruise on Tuesday and are very excited to participate in this. I'm new to the DIS boards, so I'm trying to figure out how to join the group exactly.
It will be myself, my husband, 10 year old daughter and 4 year old daughter. Please let me know how to join.
Thank you!
Go to the first post on page one and click the link to add your family onto the spreadsheet.

You can also access the FE list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...N1k2TjlyUzN6b3V3MF9uZDczVnc&usp=sharing#gid=0

:)

So now that we have some other families on the FE List... Do we want to decide the items below??? If so, I can set up a poll on FB????

1. A date to close it
2. Do we want a group name?
3. Do we want to do multiple lists in case the group gets to large? So the last one i participated in closed a list if it reached 20 cabins.... then started another one. you had the option to be on multiple lists if you wanted.

Is everyone that is on the boards a member of the FB group? I can't remember if there were some people that did not do the FB thing.....

:cheer2: Also we are down to 193 more days :cheer2:

I think multiple lists with option to be on both works very well for all.

I personally like it when they are closed at least a month in advance so no scrambling last minute but open to whatever majority wants.

We do not use Facebook so please post anything we need to know here also or PM us. Thanks!

We cannot wait!!!

So now that we have some other families on the FE List... Do we want to decide the items below??? If so, I can set up a poll on FB???? 1. A date to close it 2. Do we want a group name? 3. Do we want to do multiple lists in case the group gets to large? So the last one i participated in closed a list if it reached 20 cabins.... then started another one. you had the option to be on multiple lists if you wanted. Is everyone that is on the boards a member of the FB group? I can't remember if there were some people that did not do the FB thing..... :cheer2: Also we are down to 193 more days :cheer2:

I agree with others 20 cabins max then start a new list. 1 or even 2 months ahead to close group. I am on Facebook so which ever is ok. I have no idea foe a name. So excited!

Hi! My DH and myself are booked on this cruise and we're so excited! This will be our second Disney cruise (our first was on the Dream last May and I actually cried when I got off the ship!) but I didn't know about the DIS Meets board or FE's last year. We'll be celebrating DH's 50th birthday on the cruise and it'll be the 2 of us, plus his parents in a different cabin. A little about us - we're originally from California but have lived in Utah for the past 15 years. We live north of Salt Lake City and we have 2 daughters (only the younger one who is 17 is still at home) and one son-in-law. I love all things Disney and if I had it my way every vacation would be a Disney cruise or a trip to Disney World or Aulani. I lived near Disneyland for 8 years and went there often so it doesn't feel like a vacation to go there :) We'd like to participate in the FE for this cruise so I went ahead and signed us up on the Google Doc. I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody!

Hi! My DH and myself are booked on this cruise and we're so excited! This will be our second Disney cruise (our first was on the Dream last May and I actually cried when I got off the ship!) but I didn't know about the DIS Meets board or FE's last year. We'll be celebrating DH's 50th birthday on the cruise and it'll be the 2 of us, plus his parents in a different cabin. A little about us - we're originally from California but have lived in Utah for the past 15 years. We live north of Salt Lake City and we have 2 daughters (only the younger one who is 17 is still at home) and one son-in-law. I love all things Disney and if I had it my way every vacation would be a Disney cruise or a trip to Disney World or Aulani. I lived near Disneyland for 8 years and went there often so it doesn't feel like a vacation to go there :) We'd like to participate in the FE for this cruise so I went ahead and signed us up on the Google Doc. I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody!

I feel the same about my Disney vacations! If you have been to Aulani are you DVC members by any chance? We bought into DVC in 1994 and was the best investment we ever made since we love to go to Disney World!

Looks like you are practically cabin neighbors with our friends who are traveling with us!

Welcome Aboard!!!! :flower3:

Carol

Hi Carol!

We haven't been to Aulani yet and we're not DVC members yet but we have plans for both. We may buy DVC this fall (we recently moved and we still have to sell our old house before we can make any major purchases) but we're not sure yet which we'd like for our home resort.

My in-laws' cabin is 6638 so we'll have a nice friendly "neighborhood" on that end of the hallway on Deck 6. It'll be fun to know our neighbors!

Hi Carol!

We haven't been to Aulani yet and we're not DVC members yet but we have plans for both. We may buy DVC this fall (we recently moved and we still have to sell our old house before we can make any major purchases) but we're not sure yet which we'd like for our home resort.

My in-laws' cabin is 6638 so we'll have a nice friendly "neighborhood" on that end of the hallway on Deck 6. It'll be fun to know our neighbors!

We have not been to Aulani yet either but would love to if Airfare for the whole family would ever be reasonable! ( they don't want to let us go there without them!)

They have a nice DVC presentation/ get together on the ship with lots of prizes and info ( my daughter-in-law won a $200 on board credit last time!) they offer good pricing when you purchase on the ship but you can go enjoy the presentation and get information with absolutely no pressure!!

I love the aft area on the Magic, it is a lot quieter than a lot of sections!!!

We're going back to Hawaii for trip # 6 at the end of May. This will be the first trip there WITHOUT our boys who will stay back and house sit with our dogs. We're a bit nervous that we'll be 5,000 miles and 6 time zones away, but they're good "kids". They've stayed home for several trips in the past 9 months. At least we'll only be be a "local" call away with texting, calling, facetime and data all included with our regular plan (unlike being on a ship in international waters)!

We're doing a 7 night cruise on the Pride of America (that never leaves Hawaiian waters), and a couple nights in Oahu after. We debated booking those nights at Aulani but must of what we want to do is towards the South shore so we decided to stick with a Waikiki hotel.

We're going back to Hawaii for trip # 6 at the end of May. This will be the first trip there WITHOUT our boys who will stay back and house sit with our dogs. We're a bit nervous that we'll be 5,000 miles and 6 time zones away, but they're good "kids". They've stayed home for several trips in the past 9 months. At lease we'll awlays be be a local call away with texting, calling, facetime and data all included with our regular plan (unlike being on a ship in international waters)!

We're doing a 7 night cruise on the Pride of America (that never leaves Hawaiian waters), and a couple nights in Oahu after. We debated booking those nights at Aulani but must of what we want to do is towards the South shore so we decided to stick with a Waikiki hotel.

6th trip to Hawaii sounds fantastic!! :beach:

6th trip to Hawaii sounds fantastic!! :beach:
No doubt, Hawaii is ALWAYS fantastic. It feels going like a second home every time we go!

BTW I see your just around the corner from us on deck 6 (we're in 6152), though it doesn't look like the hallway connects the port and starboard sides.

No doubt, Hawaii is ALWAYS fantastic. It feels going like a second home every time we go!

BTW I see your just around the corner from us on deck 6 (we're in 6152), though it doesn't look like the hallway connects the port and starboard sides.

Yes, I saw we are almost neighbors. I think the hallway does connect if I remember correctly because there is a back stairway there (used in the mandatory boat drill but not on deck plan) so I think it connects.

Carol I was lucky my agent at DU snagged the secret verandah for me! She must have been stalking the computer waiting for whom ever was holding it to not go through with the booking ;)

I've been to Hawaii three times, but I've only been on Oahu to change planes. We've been to Kauai twice and Maui once. I hope to make Oahu and Aulani my next Hawaiian stop. Probably not for a few years though! Next summer we're going on a 14 night Baltics cruise to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation and my 50th birthday. We're cruising on Celebrity though, not DCL. We got a concierge balcony cabin on Celebrity, plus two more nights on the cruise, compared to an ocean view cabin on Disney that would have cost over $2000 more. We just couldn't justify the extra expense.

Maria,

Wow concierge balcony, 14 day Baltics - Sounds wonderful!!!! I have never done anywhere in Europe/Baltics/med but it sure looks beautiful!

Carol

Hey all that are doing FE I have idea for the girls but I need she sizes so if you could add your girls shoe sizes to the sign up that would be great. Also remember it will not be till November so if they are still growing you might want to add a size. Thanks

I added a column to the FE spreadsheet so we can add our favorite characters in case that helps anyone with their FE ideas.

Hey all that are doing FE I have idea for the girls but I need she sizes so if you could add your girls shoe sizes to the sign up that would be great. Also remember it will not be till November so if they are still growing you might want to add a size. Thanks

I added my daughter's size to the sheet. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter