Disney+ is removing over 50 shows and movies on Friday :(

Disappointed they took off Mysterious Benedict Society. I told the kids we'd watch it after reading the book, which we haven't done yet. Oops.

I don't think it's that hard to know what will hit. The initial script leaks on Lightyear were very poorly received with the bulk of social media thinking it would be a flop if that was the story they planned to tell. Guess what, it was a massive box office flop that probably lost 100+ million dollars.

Also, early talks about Super Mario Movie were very well received by the fans. The head of Nintendo insisted that they stay very true to the games and must respect that Mario was the hero. Guess what, it is the box office hit of the year right now. They are already talking about spin offs and such.

Last edited:
Disappointed they took off Mysterious Benedict Society. I told the kids we'd watch it after reading the book, which we haven't done yet. Oops.

I didn't read the books, but the series was SO GREAT! It was just an absoluete joy.

I don't think it's that hard to know what will hit. The initial script leaks on Lightyear were very poorly received with the bulk of social media thinking it would be a flop if that was the story they planned to tell. Guess what, it was a massive box office flop that probably lost 100+ million dollars.

Also, early talks about Super Mario Movie were very well received by the fans. The head of Nintendo insisted that they stay very true to the games and must respect that Mario was the hero. Guess what, it is the box office hit of the year right now. They are already talking about spin offs and such.

Yeah, but they make tons of movies all the time and some hit and some miss. Some do well with test audiences, some don't. They might tweak those that don't to make them better, and sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. The microcosm of people who read script leaks online are a very, very small percentage of the potential movie going audiences. Sure, you can do research, but there is no way to account for so many factors. Lightyear suffered from an identity crisis, and that came through in the marketing. Honestly, marketing and release timing have more to do with a film's success than anything else.

There were a ton of Internet opinions too that Avatar would fail miserably. How'd that go?

I didn't see those gloomy predictions for Avatar I guess. Most I saw said it would be a monster over-seas, and it was. The first Avatar was a massive movie that set records, why did people think the sequel would flop?

I didn't see those gloomy predictions for Avatar I guess. Most I saw said it would be a monster over-seas, and it was. The first Avatar was a massive movie that set records, why did people think the sequel would flop?

There was a lot of doubt out there - some just from people who like to hate on Avatar and some legitimate analysis talking about how it had an uphill battle. I don't know that anyone read a leaked script or anything, but they generally knocked it based on the first one.

I have figured out why Disney+ did this? When I was watching Supermarket Sweep on Tubi I noticed that Tubi has a lot of the Disney movies and Marvel movies and so it tells me that Disney+ wants to merge with Tubi since Tubi is owned by Fox and I think what will happen is we will see some of the original Disney+ programming will soon move to Tubi. I was surprised that Tubi did this and I do hope they add some more Disney movies on there soon

I have figured out why Disney+ did this? When I was watching Supermarket Sweep on Tubi I noticed that Tubi has a lot of the Disney movies and Marvel movies and so it tells me that Disney+ wants to merge with Tubi since Tubi is owned by Fox and I think what will happen is we will see some of the original Disney+ programming will soon move to Tubi. I was surprised that Tubi did this and I do hope they add some more Disney movies on there soon

It's unlikely that Disney will merge with Tubi, but it can be a huge revenue stream for Disney to license their shows to an advertising-supported service like Tubi. They both make money that way and Disney doens't even have to support the content. I think all streaming will go that way eventually - advertisers want it more and more as network TV loses viewership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter