Disney+ is removing over 50 shows and movies on Friday :(

JunieBJones23

Earning My Ears
  1. Most, if not all of the content being removed from Disney+ is live-action Disney+ original shows and movies that were greenlit and/or released under Chapek's watch. Still, sucks that they're going to become pretty much lost media, because there are no other (legal) ways to watch them online

The Mysterious Benedict Society is a huge loss. The fact that it went underappreciated is a travesty. They changed their mind on the dHoward Ashman documentary, which was also very good. I'll miss Willow, though I get that it didn't click. National Treasure wasn't bad either.

Is The Mandalorian gonna be removed from Disney+ too? If it too is removed from Disney+ how am I gonna see the rest of the Season 3 episodes? Is Hawkeye also gone as well from Disney+?

So The Mandalorian isn't gonna be removed from Disney+ after all. I'm so glad because I was worried about missing the rest of Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I think the main reason why Disney+ is getting rid of most content is because I think some of the audience didn't find it worthy of watching. I'm also surprised that Disney+ is removing Willow The Series because although it was worthy of watching I think people found it confusing but I'm glad I got to see it. With all the new series coming soon I think this change means that Disney+ will improve itself greatly. Speaking of Disney+ they will add Home Improvement reruns June 28th

So The Mandalorian isn't gonna be removed from Disney+ after all. I'm so glad because I was worried about missing the rest of Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I think the main reason why Disney+ is getting rid of most content is because I think some of the audience didn't find it worthy of watching. I'm also surprised that Disney+ is removing Willow The Series because although it was worthy of watching I think people found it confusing but I'm glad I got to see it. With all the new series coming soon I think this change means that Disney+ will improve itself greatly. Speaking of Disney+ they will add Home Improvement reruns June 28th

No, Star Wars and Marvel content is generally safe. They were going to remove some of the Marvel themed docuseries, like Marvel: Voices, but I think they reversed course on that.

It's a dang shame about Willow!

The only thing being removed that I watched was The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and it was a really good, with a lot of references to Goldblum's movie career. It's paid for, but the one thing I'm thinking is that there were several clips of his previous movies and they probably had to pay a licensing fee and possibly per view.

Disney Fairytale Weddings?! No! Clouds was a good/sad movie too. I’ve watched several of the things on this list, and some of them were good.

Most of these seem like they won't be big losses and were probably very low viewing figures, but I surprised by how many recent additions are being removed so soon after premiering. Multiple shows like Mysterious Benedict Society, Willow, and Mighty Ducks being removed less than 6 months after their last episode premiered.

Sounds like they're going back into the Disney Vault of old.

I just don't understand why they're removing the newer shows that can still build, especially Benedict Society and Willow. The shows are already filmed, edited and released. Isn't it better to have them out there and get some views? It doesn't cost that much to keep them in the cloud. Maybe it's a tax thing.

I'll cross my fingers they release them on disc ... sometime. I thought Willow was really good. And Benedict Society was a great adaptation of the book!

Sad :(

Sounds like they're going back into the Disney Vault of old.

I just don't understand why they're removing the newer shows that can still build, especially Benedict Society and Willow. The shows are already filmed, edited and released. Isn't it better to have them out there and get some views? It doesn't cost that much to keep them in the cloud. Maybe it's a tax thing.

I'll cross my fingers they release them on disc ... sometime. I thought Willow was really good. And Benedict Society was a great adaptation of the book!

Sad :(

It's a royalties thing. They have to pay roayalties every time they are watched. Presumably, they are making that back in subscribers, but that has been the challenge with streaming.

It's a crying shame about Mysterious Benedict Society though - that was THE BEST!

I just don't understand why they're removing the newer shows that can still build, especially Benedict Society and Willow. The shows are already filmed, edited and released. Isn't it better to have them out there and get some views? It doesn't cost that much to keep them in the cloud.

It's a royalties thing. They have to pay roayalties every time they are watched. Presumably, they are making that back in subscribers, but that has been the challenge with streaming.
I still don't get it. Most of these shows were produced by Disney for Disney+. So they would be paying royalties to... themselves. I guess I'm missing something.

My kids were big fans of Big Shot. I guess this means they won't be making more of those. Trivia: John Stamos is a HUGE DIsney nerd.

I still don't get it. Most of these shows were produced by Disney for Disney+. So they would be paying royalties to... themselves. I guess I'm missing something.

My kids were big fans of Big Shot. I guess this means they won't be making more of those. Trivia: John Stamos is a HUGE DIsney nerd.

Well, they have to pay roylaties to teh actors and writers and anyone entitled to such through contract. It can vary by the production, but I think that's why. The thing is, not many people were watching thse shows anyway, so I'm not really sure how much they can save. I guess it adds up.

Big Shot got cancelled a while back. We liked it although the second season was a bit ho-hum.

1. Most, if not all of the content being removed from Disney+ is live-action Disney+ original shows and movies that were greenlit and/or released under Chapek's watch. Still, sucks that they're going to become pretty much lost media, because there are no other (legal) ways to watch them online
I hope they replace it with every episode of the Wonderful World of Disney. We are the money having demographic.
Oh, not all Disney fans love Star Wars? Didn’t see that hotel getting the sledgehammer (sarcasm). Oops.

Well, they have to pay roylaties to teh actors and writers and anyone entitled to such through contract. It can vary by the production, but I think that's why. The thing is, not many people were watching thse shows anyway, so I'm not really sure how much they can save. I guess it adds up.

They can write off the production cost as a loss. This is to keep from paying so many taxes on the few hits they have had lately like Spiderman no way home and Avatar.

They can write off the production cost as a loss. This is to keep from paying so many taxes on the few hits they have had lately like Spiderman no way home and Avatar.

Ah, I get it. That makes more sense than paying the toyalties, which couldn't amount to much.

Also, Spider-Man: No Way Home is really a Sony film, not Disney. They have had a tough time of it at the box office, though most of the Marvel stuff is still hitting okay. Avatar has no doubt been a huge boost for them right now, and they needed it!

Avatar was so huge for Disney, with many of their other releases underperforming at the box office. Without Avatar Disney TV and Theatrical has likely lost money the past two years. They are predicting the new Pixar release "Elemental", is not predicted to do very well at the box office.

Need to get back to focusing on good stories that the fans want to see told. Focus on the story first and foremost and let everting else become secondary.

Avatar was so huge for Disney, with many of their other releases underperforming at the box office. Without Avatar Disney TV and Theatrical has likely lost money the past two years. They are predicting the new Pixar release "Elemental", is not predicted to do very well at the box office.

Need to get back to focusing on good stories that the fans want to see told. Focus on the story first and foremost and let everting else become secondary.

I mean, Elemental looks pretty good. I'm not sure that they're not focusing on story - It's just hard to know what will hit though. I definitely plan to see Elemental - the artwork and animation is pretty appealing so hopefully it's a bit of return to form for Pixar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter