Disney in August (10th)

The time I had that happen at MNSSHP, I just decided to step out...and I stepped right into the rain and walked right down the center of the street. Once I was soaked, no big deal anymore, and I got to ride so many rides while everyone else was hunkered down in the shops.

We had the same thing happen at Animal Kingdom. . everyone left the park due to rain. We had almost every ride to ourselves. Kids thought it was a blast to be out in rain and not get in trouble. That was in August, so hopefully we wil get threw this trip without a rain memory. . But I doubt it.

We had the same thing happen at Animal Kingdom. . everyone left the park due to rain. We had almost every ride to ourselves. Kids thought it was a blast to be out in rain and not get in trouble. That was in August, so hopefully we wil get threw this trip without a rain memory. . But I doubt it.

Yet its always things like rain or something scary that end up being the best memories. Like the time we were chased by crabs while walking on the beach in the dark...ahhhhh :scared1:

Thursday the 13th is perfect for us! We have lunch reservations for Le Cellier at 12:45. Maybe sometime after that if it works for everyone!?!?!:dance3:

Hey, we're flexible...whatever works. We have an evening dinner at Le Cellier so we'll be around.

Yet its always things like rain or something scary that end up being the best memories. Like the time we were chased by crabs while walking on the beach in the dark...ahhhhh :scared1:

That wasn't me. Don't go confusing your romantic trips with sweeties with trips with a buddy. :lmao:

So much Disney, it's all starting to blend together?

We'll probably head over to Epcot a little after noon, so we'll be in the neighborhood. Looks like there's going to be a run on the slushy stand.

I know its probably in another thread somewhere that I cant find but can someone tell me what Disney is like around and after August 10th? I was told that they usually throw in dining this time of year also is this right? Thanks for your help!

Its going to hot and humid and most likely afternoon showers. Like you were told... go early, take a break and come back. Nights will be hot and sticky too. Lots of water and sunscreen.

Hi There,
I will be in Disney from August 6th to the 15th... how cool is that!

I get to see Nat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a bad time to be there, with nice long hours and numerous shows and parades. But as a local with an AP, it's my least favorite time. Unless I'm going for specific meets or events, I always avoid July and August. I just don't need the heat and crowds when I have the other 10 months to go anytime I want to. :)

LOL

Joe: I also see that you are going to celebrate your birthday... Happy Birthday in advance ha! :bday:

Amanda: I was thinking the exact same thing, that hopefully it would be less crowded just before the free dining ha! :rotfl: How crazy is that!!!

Floydian: Some people have all the luck, I wish I was close to my Happy place.

hehehehe

It sounds like quite a few folks are coming down.

Given that I had really no troubles at all with my dining reservations, it doesn't sound like the crowds are going to be an issue.

I remember back in 2005, there was a Hurricane sitting off the coast and it was supposed to hit during the week we were there. It turned at the last moment and we had perfect weather the whole week...but since it was a threat, many people canceled their vacations, leaving the parks with very few people the entire time.

there were rain bands from the TS or Hurricane from last year too.

I wasn't there for that, but I'm bringing my favorite pair of sandals because they're great fopr everything except snow...and it being Florida in August...I think that's not going to be a problem!:lmao:

and puddles

We'll probably head over to Epcot a little after noon, so we'll be in the neighborhood. Looks like there's going to be a run on the slushy stand.

not like that hasnt happened before

:lmao: Thanks! Is is sad that I pretty much already have picked out what I want to eat?! hehe
Anyone have a favorite dessert there? They all look good!!:bitelip:

Maple Creme Brulee

Yes, I remember the puddles. Thank you very much for parking in that spot.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I do not recall the incident to which you're referring.

what are you complaining about??? wasnt your shoes that got soaked it was Rob's... and you werent there, which is why you can't recall the incident :rotfl:

what are you complaining about??? wasnt your shoes that got soaked it was Rob's... and you werent there, which is why you can't recall the incident :rotfl:

Must not be thinking of the same incident...ha. But, umm, I also don't recall the Downtown Disney + Sugar episode either...nope, don't recall it a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter