Disney Gift Cards at Target

What terrible CS from Target! I've been buying Disney GC's in the store with a 5% redcard discount since 2011. In fact, back then you could stack other coupons, like pharmacy rewards, and save even more on top of that 5%. It's like all the Target managers and customer service reps have lost their minds :confused3

I just bought a 25 and didn't get the 5%. My total with other stufd was 33.66 but only 51 cents came off. Only reason I even got it at target was because staples only had 50 and I only wanted 25 for now. Still in the parking lot but after reading the previous comments I'm not sure it's worth the effort to go back in.

ETA it's clearly on their site as a benefit showing a dis gc. I took a screenshot with today's date and I'll go bacl monday morning when it's not as busy to get the 1.25 they owe me.

Last edited:
I just bought a 25 and didn't get the 5%. My total with other stufd was 33.66 but only 51 cents came off. Only reason I even got it at target was because staples only had 50 and I only wanted 25 for now. Still in the parking lot but after reading the previous comments I'm not sure it's worth the effort to go back in.

ETA it's clearly on their site as a benefit showing a dis gc. I took a screenshot with today's date and I'll go bacl monday morning when it's not as busy to get the 1.25 they owe me.

Double check the math.... I got mine cleared up with Target customer service (via Twitter) and the 5% on my gift cards WAS taken off, but does not show on the line that says 'Red Card Savings' or something like that. It is reflected in the total savings.

It may be less apparent when you buy other things, because the way the receipts are set up is not very transparent and I indicated to their rep that it is confusing for customers.

just buy the egift cards from target.com. they arrive in your email in a couple of hrs or less. and you get the 5%. amounts are $25-$500. To me, that is easier the hassle at the store.

and my target has very few DGC in stock most of the time if any.

Double check the math.... I got mine cleared up with Target customer service (via Twitter) and the 5% on my gift cards WAS taken off, but does not show on the line that says 'Red Card Savings' or something like that. It is reflected in the total savings.

It may be less apparent when you buy other things, because the way the receipts are set up is not very transparent and I indicated to their rep that it is confusing for customers.

Doing the math they owe me a penny then. It's not ok for them to start not showing it though. And it still doesn't make sense.

I bought coke that was 4 for 10 but was charged 9.49. One charge of 7.11 and one of 2.38. And I got the 25 gc. Two bag credits for .10 and a redcard dis of .51 plus tax of .95. If you so the math off the 35 it should have started at the 34.10 I paid is correct but they are hiding some of the 5% in the coke instead of showing ot as an actual discount. That seems shady to me and while the math works to me it doesn't show that I'm getting my benefit really.

I wanted to double check this today at my local Target, so I bought $225 in Disney gift cards, all by themselves, at self checkout. Got the 5% red card discount as expected. Phew!

I wanted to double check this today at my local Target, so I bought $225 in Disney gift cards, all by themselves, at self checkout. Got the 5% red card discount as expected. Phew!
Dont have a Target Red Card. So is there a limit on line of how many Target Gift cards you can buy? :confused:Can someone for example buy 5 $200 gift cards? That’s great, if you buy $1,000 with of gift cards, you get $50 off! :thumbsup2 Thanks!

Dont have a Target Red Card. So is there a limit on line of how many Target Gift cards you can buy? :confused:Can someone for example buy 5 $200 gift cards? That’s great, if you buy $1,000 with of gift cards, you get $50 off! :thumbsup2 Thanks!

There is no discount on Target gift cards. If you use your Target RedCard to puchase gift cards, you get 5% off. However, Target gift cards are exempt from the 5% discount.

There is no discount on Target gift cards. If you use your Target RedCard to puchase gift cards, you get 5% off. However, Target gift cards are exempt from the 5% discount.
Thanks. That was a typo on my part, I meant Disney Gift cards.

Thanks. That was a typo on my part, I meant Disney Gift cards.

It would depend then if you are using a CC or debit. The CC, if the store doesn't have a limit, would let you buy up to your limit but the debit I think does have a limit since it's connected to your bank account. I'm not sure what it is though.

It would depend then if you are using a CC or debit. The CC, if the store doesn't have a limit, would let you buy up to your limit but the debit I think does have a limit since it's connected to your bank account. I'm not sure what it is though.

Last year (July/August maybe) I was buying $1500-$2000 at a time with my red card debit card through the website and never had any issues or warnings about a limit per order..it was pretty nice because I think I remember reading that BJs limits how many you can buy? (I get a little lost on the GC deals thread so apologies if that is incorrect or if I’m thinking of a different store).

Question re:email Disney gift cards. I’m assuming I can add to physical card I have registered on my Disney gift card site?

Can Disney e-gift cards be used to pay your 30 day prior to arrival balance or do you have to convert them to the actual gift cards?

Can Disney e-gift cards be used to pay your 30 day prior to arrival balance or do you have to convert them to the actual gift cards?
Just be sure to keep the gift card #. If you have to cancel for any reason it will be refunded to the gift card.

In the past Target has offered a discount on Target gift cards in early December. Hoping they do the same this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter