Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No advice but I had a card not activated. Two weeks later they've done nothing. Which is probably slightly better than them refunding the money because then I'll lose the credit. I'm not impressed with BJs.
Try calling again. I gave my brother a GC for his birthday in September that I purchased last BF. He went to use it and it wasn't activated. Two calls and 2 days later and it was activated. I was pretty upset about it and pressed for a manager to get involved. I'm so glad my brother told me.

Think about how many wouldn't tell, like teachers. Over the years I've invested a lot of GC's for them and this year is no different. Now I'm feeling paranoid, even Kroger has made a few mistakes in-store.

No advice but I had a card not activated. Two weeks later they've done nothing. Which is probably slightly better than them refunding the money because then I'll lose the credit. I'm not impressed with BJs.
Same boat here with an inactivated card. When I called they said to wait 7-10 business days. I think I just passed the 7th business day and no response. I am thinking I will try to call again tomorrow to follow up. I will post here if & when I get a resolution.

Yes, I'm on business day 11 or so.
Sorry to hear that. Mine were all fine, Unfortunately though I bought a 4 pack of $25 Panera gift cards a few weeks ago in the cafe for gifts plus there was the $10 card with each $50 spent. I gave my son one of the $25 cards to use and he went to use it during finals week at college and it wasn’t activated. I called yesterday and they are going to look into it and get back to me. So annoying !

I wanted to order Disney gift cards online from Sam's club and they have severe limitations. For example, I can only order 2-$500 cards at once. The best deal is on the $75 and $50, but they only allow 3 cards at once. It says "per account". So does that mean I have to make multiple transactions? I hate to go into the store for them, I wanted the $75 e-cards.

Just activated a chase sapphire preferred offer for 15 percent off at Bed Bath and Beyond (up to $15) and got $100 in gift cards. The offer’s only good for a couple more days so I wanted to share.

Just adding..
Bed Bath & Beyond: Purchase $100 In Third Party Giftcards & Get $15 Rebate (12/14/19-12/24/19)
DoC Link

Edit to add other offers from DoC: LInk
Chase Freedom Q1 2020 5% Categories:
Gas, Streaming, Internet, Cable and Phone Services

$300 Lowe’s Giftcard $270 from Kroger.com (Max $900) Link
Staples: No Purchase Fee On $200 Visa Gift Cards (12/15-12/21) Link

Last edited:
Eddie Bauer - Must be Rewards Member & sign into account. Link

ShopRite: Buy $50 Of Any Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Your Next Shopping Order Link
**Be sure to read the terms!

Yes, I'm on business day 11 or so.
Quick follow up, I just called BJ's again to follow up and they assured me it would be active before Christmas. Basically I was told they have reached out to the card activation people and they are waiting to hear back so there is nothing else they can do. Fingers crossed they get it done soon. Our trip is in January and I was hoping to use this card for that trip.

My Staples purchase through RMN just went pending for $50. I'm totally bummed that I didn't read the fine print or I would have only bought $350 worth instead of $1000. Oh well, I'm really no worse off than if I bought through Target. I still have another $800 to buy so I'm still on the prowl for good deals.

Just a reminder for those doing the BBB rebate on the gift cards, sometimes it helps to wait a week or 2 before submitting the rebate. Last year, people who submitted the rebate right away got errors in the system and had to do additional work and submit their rebates again, sometimes multiple time and requiring a lot of work.

I always wait a week or 2 before submitting rebates because by then any problems with the rebate system usually are fixed after the people who submitted right away and get the errors call and complain.

FYI - Ebates/Rakuten

I was sent a rebate check back in May during our kitchen renovation and it got misplaced. On 11/10 I reached out to Rakuten and they sent me a replacement which I received on 12/09 for the full amount. I know this is in their policy, I'm just very happy there isn't a time frame. The email stated I could throw away the old check but I held onto it just in case.
Time to go shopping! :drive:

Office Depot/Max: Buy $300 in Visa Giftcards & Save $15 Instantly 12/15/19 – 12/21/19 DoC Link

Q1 2020 5% Quarterly Categories: Activate, Offers & Suggestions (Freedom, Discover, Dividend, Cash+) Doc Link

MyGiftCardsPlus: Earn 15% Cashback On Hotels.com Gift Cards (Limit $500)
(The cashback comes in the form of Swagbucks; those can in turn be redeemed via PayPal or for third party gift cards.) More offers can be found at https://gcgalore.com/

Just a reminder for those doing the BBB rebate on the gift cards, sometimes it helps to wait a week or 2 before submitting the rebate. Last year, people who submitted the rebate right away got errors in the system and had to do additional work and submit their rebates again, sometimes multiple time and requiring a lot of work.

I always wait a week or 2 before submitting rebates because by then any problems with the rebate system usually are fixed after the people who submitted right away and get the errors call and complain.

I successfully used 2 Happy Her cards, $50 value each that I got for $40 with a Publix offer, to buy two $50 Whole Foods gift cards today. They split the payment on the same transaction so I could qualify for the rebate. The clerk told me if I had paid for the Whole Foods cards in two separate transactions I would not get the rebate. The $100 has to be spent in a single transaction. It was good to find out that BBB will let you use different payment methods within the same purchase. I did not know this. I was also thankful that the young man informed me of this so I didn't blow the deal. The Happy Cards scanned without an issue, either from the clerk or the terminal. Just remember to choose the button that says "credit" at the terminal.

Quick follow up, I just called BJ's again to follow up and they assured me it would be active before Christmas. Basically I was told they have reached out to the card activation people and they are waiting to hear back so there is nothing else they can do. Fingers crossed they get it done soon. Our trip is in January and I was hoping to use this card for that trip.

I hate to be a negative Nancy but I wouldn't count on it. Last year when they ran the 8% discount I bought several cards and one of my $500 ones was not activated. I called right away and they said they would get it activated within a few business days.

I forget the number of days they quoted but after the period expired and it still wasn't activated I called again. They promised it would expedited due to how long I was already waiting and said that it would be done within 24 hours.

A couple days later still no activation and I called a 3rd time. I remember I was concerned because I was leaving for Disney the next day and they promised again it would get done.

Five days later still nothing so called back again (while on vacation I might add) and they said they couldn't get it activated and would process a refund. The only reason I bothered calling on vacation is because that was the last day of the 8% sale and I wanted to ensure that I'd be able to get it for that price.

I re-ordered one right then and got my refund for the first one a couple of days later. I've ordered more since and thankfully never had that problem again. But I've always told myself since that if I ever get an unactivated card I'll just call for a refund because I have no confidence in their ability to get the card activated.

I hate to be a negative Nancy but I wouldn't count on it. Last year when they ran the 8% discount I bought several cards and one of my $500 ones was not activated. I called right away and they said they would get it activated within a few business days.

This morning (the day after my follow up call to BJ's re: the inactivated card) I received a follow up email that stated the card could not be activated and they are mailing out a replacement. I will updated when the card is received.

This morning (the day after my follow up call to BJ's re: the inactivated card) I received a follow up email that stated the card could not be activated and they are mailing out a replacement. I will updated when the card is received.
That's good news at least you'll actually get a card.

Thanks. I'll give BJs a call today and see if they can send a replacement.

I spoke with a nice guy at BJs. He reviewed the notes and put in a request to send a replacement card. I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter