Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I got a stack of Disney cards as Christmas gifts for all the nieces and nephews going on our trip next month. Now I'm concerned.... Should I check these on disney gift card site to be sure they show a balance before I give them? I hate giving cards that have the stuff scratched off the back but I'd much more hate to give a non-activated card!

If there are any Market Basket shoppers, my local store had a sign up that they have some gift cards for 10% off, including the Happy Holidays cards. I don't know if there is a cap. I bought a $100 HH for $90 today. The promo runs until 12/24.

Hmm, I got a stack of Disney cards as Christmas gifts for all the nieces and nephews going on our trip next month. Now I'm concerned.... Should I check these on disney gift card site to be sure they show a balance before I give them? I hate giving cards that have the stuff scratched off the back but I'd much more hate to give a non-activated card!

If I were you I would double check. The Disney gift cards are usually easy to just peel the plastic strip off instead of scratching it. That way there's no evidence you scratched it off. You can also take them to your local Disney store and they can check the balance for you

Anyone know of any GC deals right now as of 12/17/19? Also, Anyone try getting Disney GC with the Dosh “Mobile” offer? Does it work?

Happy Tuesday guys! Haven’t been in this thread in awhile since I postponed my DL trip indefinitely until I pay off a decent amount of debt. It’s nice that happy cards are still going. I thought it was stopped. I guess I still should have been checking the thread lol.

shopdisney.com is 12% CB at RMN right now. I've never done this combo, but I believe others have with success. If anyone can chime in, I'd love to know myself. Doing a little christmas shopping and was going to add on a digital GC.

shopdisney.com is 12% CB at RMN right now. I've never done this combo, but I believe others have with success. If anyone can chime in, I'd love to know myself. Doing a little christmas shopping and was going to add on a digital GC.
mine is pending but i seen many say it will go pending then ineligible. fingers crossed

I haven't had a pre-paid visa in a while and I'm completely drawing a blank right now. Can someone remind me how to add it to my PayPal balance to transfer to my bank account?

I haven't had a pre-paid visa in a while and I'm completely drawing a blank right now. Can someone remind me how to add it to my PayPal balance to transfer to my bank account?

I didn't know this was even an option.

Just adding an Update
DH finally confirmed what happened to our Visa gc's I bought from Kroger. We were trying to use them at Universal Royal Pacific for our room only reservation but the full amount $100 on all four cards could not be applied. DH was told by customer service at prepaidgiftbalance that anytime you use their Visa gc at a location where gratuity/tips can be applied they automatically hold 20% back. I say this is a BS move on their part but it is written in the fine details, so it is their policy.

Lesson learned: Either add Visa GC to your paypal account to buy Universal GC's PRIOR to your trip or don't bother with Visa's gc at all. You CANNOT buy Universal GC's at Universal with any gift card. Yes, we tried and they rung up as ERROR. The only prepaid GC that went through without any issue was MasterCard and this was from the same company who sells the Visa's. :confused3

Just adding an Update
DH finally confirmed what happened to our Visa gc's I bought from Kroger. We were trying to use them at Universal Royal Pacific for our room only reservation but the full amount $100 on all four cards could not be applied. DH was told by customer service at prepaidgiftbalance that anytime you use their Visa gc at a location where gratuity/tips can be applied they automatically hold 20% back. I say this is a BS move on their part but it is written in the fine details, so it is their policy.

Lesson learned: Either add Visa GC to your paypal account to buy Universal GC's PRIOR to your trip or don't bother with Visa's gc at all. You CANNOT buy Universal GC's at Universal with any gift card. Yes, we tried and they rung up as ERROR. The only prepaid GC that went through without any issue was MasterCard and this was from the same company who sells the Visa's. :confused3

It’s a little more involved of a process so most people don’t bother with it. It’s probably about 10 steps but I can’t remember how to get it to work so I can transfer it. Once I figure it out once I figure it out I’ll DM you the steps. Don’t want/need another loophole getting shutdown.

so glad you figured out what happened with the cards. Thats so annoying but at least you know for next time!

Don’t want/need another loophole getting shutdown.

so glad you figured out what happened with the cards. Thats so annoying but at least you know for next time!

Thanks! ;)
Yes, it is annoying and we do have another trip planned. Jan 17-23 Universal only.

It’s a little more involved of a process so most people don’t bother with it. It’s probably about 10 steps but I can’t remember how to get it to work so I can transfer it. Once I figure it out once I figure it out I’ll DM you the steps. Don’t want/need another loophole getting shutdown.

is pm the same as start a conversation? i tried to send you a message but only found the start a conversation.
thanks.

Just adding an Update

I became aware of that a couple of weeks ago. I was at a nail salon getting a pedicure when a woman came into get her nails done. The price was $45 and she paid with her Visa card. She came back in a few minutes later and was very upset that the salon had charged her $54 instead. The salon insisted that they only charged her $45 and did not transpose the numbers and asked them to check with their bank. They showed her the and her boyfriend the receipt. The BF played an automated message from the bank that the charge was $54 and I realized it was a pre-paid Visa. They left in a huff.

I was perplexed on why the Visa card was charged $9 more and went home to google it. $9 is 20% of $45. It's called a "tip tolerance" and pre-paid credit cards set aside 20% in a tip because the final cost cannot be determined at the point of sale. On one hand, it's bogus but OTOH, I understand why it is there.

I was perplexed on why the Visa card was charged $9 more and went home to google it. $9 is 20% of $45. It's called a "tip tolerance" and pre-paid credit cards set aside 20% in a tip because the final cost cannot be determined at the point of sale. On one hand, it's bogus but OTOH, I understand why it is there.

Hmm, in your case someone must have added the tip because we were never charged 20% on any of our cards. It was simply held back and on the following day Universal was able to add more funds minus 20% again. We still have that minimal 20% on all four cards when combined equals to less then $9. We prefer to pay our tips in cash.

Hmm, in your case someone must have added the tip because we were never charged 20% on any of our cards. It was simply held back and on the following day Universal was able to add more funds minus 20% again. We still have that minimal 20% on all four cards when combined equals to less then $9. We prefer to pay our tips in cash.
Sorry to be confusing. By "charged" I meant that the actual charge plus the 20% hold back. They nail customer not add the tip on the card. They only charged $45 and the possible 20% tip was automatically held back so there was enough on the card should the person want to tip. Just like your 20% was held back. The price of the nails was $45 and the card held back 20% of $45 which was $9. $45 + 9 = $54. That's why the automated system said there was a $54 charge because it included the hold back at the time. I assume that the extra $9 was released in a couple of hours later as in your case.

The pre-paid card's company doesn't know that you tip in cash so they make sure that there is enough on your card should you wish to tip on it. I agree that it's a pain. My guess is that people were tipping on their card that didn't have enough money on it and it was somehow approved and the pre-paid card companies were losing money.

Sorry to be confusing. By "charged" I meant that the actual charge plus the 20% hold back. They nail customer not add the tip on the card. They only charged $45 and the possible 20% tip was automatically held back so there was enough on the card should the person want to tip. Just like your 20% was held back. The price of the nails was $45 and the card held back 20% of $45 which was $9. $45 + 9 = $54. That's why the automated system said there was a $54 charge because it included the hold back at the time. I assume that the extra $9 was released in a couple of hours later as in your case.

The pre-paid card's company doesn't know that you tip in cash so they make sure that there is enough on your card should you wish to tip on it. I agree that it's a pain. My guess is that people were tipping on their card that didn't have enough money on it and it was somehow approved and the pre-paid card companies were losing money.
Now I get it ;)

Did you see my original post a few pages back, even though we experienced this with Visa gc's we did not with Mastercard and both are issued from the same company "U.S. Bank National Association" / prepaidgiftbalance . com and purchased at Kroger. I posted the actual receipt we received from Universal upon checking out. Anyway, lesson learned and I hope this DP helps others. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter