Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget what Target "classifies" them as. Unless eBates automatically credits your purchase, the first thing that they are going to see when you submit a trouble ticket is that it is a Disney Gift Card purchase. That will be the end of that. They don't give credit for GC purchases from Target and under their rules, it doesn't matter that it's not a store GC.

They offer cash back for Raise GC purchases because that's what Raise sells. Totally and completely different kind of merchant.
I received eBates % back when I also ordered something for pick-up at my local store. YMMV.

This may be answered somewhere in here but can you buy 3rd party gift cards at toys r us with their gift cards?

This may be answered somewhere in here but can you buy 3rd party gift cards at toys r us with their gift cards?
Yes, at least their registers will allow it, but the employee might not. And anything over a certain amount (maybe $100?) requires manager approval, so they might shut you down.

Quick question do you still get the same deals with the Target Debit card as you do with the Target Credit Card?!?

Given that Target classifies them as "entertainment cards" not "gift cards" I assumed that they would be allowed. If they don't, they don't. I wasn't asking for credit for purchasing Target gift cards - which is a bit strange when you know that Ebates does grant cashback for gift card purchases from Raise.com.
I would have assumed that since they didn't automatically give them to me, it was because it was included in the gift card exclusion. One time I did a trouble ticket for ebates for something I didn't realize was excluded (I paid with a gift card which is excluded at some retailers). They gave me a courtesy credit which was nice, but now that I was aware of that policy, I would never ask for the credit knowing why I didn't get it automatically.

Quick question do you still get the same deals with the Target Debit card as you do with the Target Credit Card?!?

I have the debit card & use it all the time to purchase Disney gift cards!!!! Have fun!!!

Forget what Target "classifies" them as. Unless eBates automatically credits your purchase, the first thing that they are going to see when you submit a trouble ticket is that it is a Disney Gift Card purchase. That will be the end of that. They don't give credit for GC purchases from Target and under their rules, it doesn't matter that it's not a store GC.

They offer cash back for Raise GC purchases because that's what Raise sells. Totally and completely different kind of merchant.

Well, I had several purchases that were missing, not just these, so I submitted the trouble ticket for each of them, including the email confirmations from Target.com. They did immediately credit my account, but did state that they needed to confirm before pay out. Again, if they don't grant it, fine. I wasn't trying to get away with something knowing they weren't allowed, and I'm a bit put off with people insinuating that I was trying to cheat the system. Geesh!

Thanks everyone, I'm thinking getting gift cards for the kids rather than money would make more sense. Is there a way to link your GC to your MB?

Thanks everyone, I'm thinking getting gift cards for the kids rather than money would make more sense. Is there a way to link your GC to your MB?
No. But if you're staying onsite you can make charges back to your room and then pay down your balance with the GCs.

Just got caught up on this thread. I'm a hard-core DISer and Disney fanatic, but I have never used the GC method...until now! Planning to pay for next year's trip with way. I am so glad to hear that the Target Red debit card works for the discount!:tongue:

So, let me just check to make sure I've got this right....I buy a Target gift card from raise.com and save 7%. I take that gift card and buy Disney gift cards, saving another 5% with my Red Card. So, total savings is essentially 12% on my Disney trip!? I hope I got that right, that could make a world of difference!!!

Thanks for the help!

Just got caught up on this thread. I'm a hard-core DISer and Disney fanatic, but I have never used the GC method...until now! Planning to pay for next year's trip with way. I am so glad to hear that the Target Red debit card works for the discount!:tongue:

So, let me just check to make sure I've got this right....I buy a Target gift card from raise.com and save 7%. I take that gift card and buy Disney gift cards, saving another 5% with my Red Card. So, total savings is essentially 12% on my Disney trip!? I hope I got that right, that could make a world of difference!!!

Thanks for the help!
So this seems like a good way to go, however...........

What I found on Target's Websites is the following:
http://www.target.com/redcard/main#next said:
5% REDcard Discount program rules (Scroll down for Free Shipping at Target.com program rules, REDcard Extended Returns program rules, and Target Pharmacy Rewards program rules):

When you use your Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card® or Target® Visa® Credit Card (each, a "REDcard®") at Target stores in the U.S. or Target.com, you will receive 5% off your purchases. If you use a REDcard in the same purchase transaction with another form of payment, the 5% discount will apply only to the purchase amount tendered to your REDcard. 5% discount applies to eligible purchases minus any other discounts and the value of any promotional Target gift cards received in the transaction. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time. 5% discount does not apply to the following:

• Prescriptions, Target Clinic® services and Target Optical® eye exams
  • Target gift cards and prepaid cards
  • Previous purchases
  • Target credit account payments, Target Debit Card cash back and cash advances on the Target® Visa® Credit Card
  • Target Commercial Interiors® purchases
  • Gift wrap and shipping and handling charges on Target.com purchases
  • Where otherwise prohibited by law
So what this says to me is that I can only get the 5% discount if using the Red Card (whether it's the Credit Card or Debit card version) AND it does not apply to Prepaid cards.

I hope I am wrong (on both). I would like to know if anyone has encountered this as a problem or if they have been successful. I realize that some may have been successful at this IN THE PAST, but I am more interested in those that have had success RECENTLY (within the last month).

EDIT: Also, it may have already been answered previously, however, I did not read through all 215 pages of posts. (sorry.)

So what this says to me is that I can only get the 5% discount if using the Red Card (whether it's the Credit Card or Debit card version) AND it does not apply to Prepaid cards.

I hope I am wrong (on both). I would like to know if anyone has encountered this as a problem or if they have been successful. I realize that some may have been successful at this IN THE PAST, but I am more interested in those that have had success RECENTLY (within the last month).

EDIT: Also, it may have already been answered previously, however, I did not read through all 215 pages of posts. (sorry.)

It is true that if purchased in store you will NOT receive the additional 5% off combined with using a gift card for payment. But for whatever reason, when purchased online you CAN get the 5% off in addition.

Disney gift cards are not considered pre paid cards but rather "entertainment " cards and thus qualify for the 5% off. I haven't purchased any in the last month or so but I know others have.

Yes, you still get the 5% off even though you are paying with gift cards as long as your redcard debit or credit card are set as your default payment method.

I am not sure about the prepaid. I use the debit card.

Yes this has been asked many times in this thread :)

I just purchased some last week, no problems.

In total I have purchased around 5000 dollars worth over the last year and there has never been a problem with the discount coming off.

Last edited:
Perhaps they plan to or just recently changed the website-but as you can see from the hundreds of posts tons of people (myself included) have had success with the 5% coming off if the red card is the default payment method. Before you finalize your checkout you will see the total and whether the 5% was taken off. Maybe try to buy a small amount of target gift cards to begin with and see if you get the 5%? Then if they change the way it the currently has been working you won't be stuck with $1000s of target gift cards you may not want. Honestly though if you watch it just right you can get up to 10% or so off on target gift cards when one of the big gift card sites runs a sale on target cards-so even if target stops the additional 5% off on the website (which I really think is a glitch anyway since it isn't given in store too) that's still a great deal especially if you can get ebates/top cash back etc for the target gift card purchase from raise/cardcash/etc.

So the 5% of Disney GC's applies online only? If I register on Target.com and set Redcard as default payment, it will automatically take 5% off all purchases, including "entertainment GC's" like for Disney...? I can then proceed to checkout and pay with target gift card instead of RedCard. That about right?

ALso...how do ebates work? Sorry for the repetitive questions, I'm new to stuff like raise.com...:confused3

So the 5% of Disney GC's applies online only? If I register on Target.com and set Redcard as default payment, it will automatically take 5% off all purchases, including "entertainment GC's" like for Disney...? I can then proceed to checkout and pay with target gift card instead of RedCard. That about right?
That's exactly what I did just last week and it worked flawlessly. You have to make sure that both the Target Redcard and the Gift Cards are checked as payment types, though it will use the GC's first.

Does anyone know what the "new user" discount at Raise was? (I think it was a $5 off or an extra % of some amount...) and do we know if that is by billing address, or by user/card? Getting close to getting the trip paid off but I am getting impatient and want to buy the last chunk of cards with a decent discount so I was thinking of having my husband order them if he would get the new user discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter