Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Discover offering 5% cash back at gas stations this quarter, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck buying gift cards at gas stations and getting the cash back. Any experiences?
I don’t have any experience but I was wondering this myself. I’d imagine it should work. I’m still new to Discover but I’ve earned 5% with the Chase freedom card purchasing snacks at a gas station.

Wanted to quote myself about this in case it helped someone. With today being the new month, I logged into my account. I currently have rewards for 2 free Pastas, $2 off a bakery purchase, and a free butter that I clipped last month. I see all of these as available to clip again this month even though I haven't redeemed the previous ones yet (even though butter went from 1 reward to 2 - curses! lol)

Same here, I had 1 reward expiring and it was better to pick the $2 off bakery coupon than use it on fuel. Since we discussed it I checked and I see it as an option to redeem again now. Butter is up to 3 rewards for me. I know butter is expensive and all but I'd make out better with the fuel option even with less than a full tank :)

With Discover offering 5% cash back at gas stations this quarter, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck buying gift cards at gas stations and getting the cash back. Any experiences?

Yes, as long as the convenience center also codes as gas station then it's good. I have Speedway's that sell giftcards and code as gas station. I think the harder part is finding a gas station that sells the GC's that you want and allows credit card payment for them. Might have to trial and error with a small purchase, maybe gum or something, to verify it codes correctly when you find the station with the cards you want.

I have a trip booked for August, so final payment is due in July. Do you think BJs will have a bigger discount (percentage off) on Disney gift cards than the current 4% before then? TIA.

Last edited:
I'm relatively new to all of this cash back with RMN stuff, and just want to be sure I have something correct. The 10 total, 3 per offer monthly limit for the cashback offers is on a calendar month basis, correct? So, if I did the Staples offer 3 times last week, I can do it 3 times again this week since we are now in April, correct? I also have the 10% cash back offer for Staples on my chase card, so I'd like to get as much benefit from this as I can.

I checked with Discover and they said that gas station purchases of gift card would qualify for the 5% if it is coded as a gas purchase. They suggested I make a test purchase and they would check to see how it is coded.
But now I need to find a gas station with Disney gift cards. Any suggestions? I checked several Speedways and they had Amazon, eBay, etc. but no Disney.

3 per offer monthly limit for the cashback offers is on a calendar month basis, correct? So, if I did the Staples offer 3 times last week, I can do it 3 times again this week since we are now in April, correct? I also have the 10% cash back offer for Staples on my chase card, so I'd like to get as much benefit from this as I can.

That's correct. However, the staples online cash back offer is not as lucrative as last month ($5 off $75 or $10 off $125 this month). Also, although gift card purchases have been crediting, there's no guarantee that will continue.

That's correct. However, the staples online cash back offer is not as lucrative as last month ($5 off $75 or $10 off $125 this month).

Thanks for pointing that out - I hadn't looked at it that closely yet. Do cash back deals on RMN typically change by month,or might a better deal become available later this month? Just wondering if I should save my available transactions, or take advantage of this on the theory that even a little savings is better than none. Combined with my chase 10% cash back it still seems like a decent deal, $125 - $5 RMN cash back - $12.50 chase cash back = 107.5, which is a 14% discount.

Thanks for pointing that out - I hadn't looked at it that closely yet. Do cash back deals on RMN typically change by month,or might a better deal become available later this month? Just wondering if I should save my available transactions, or take advantage of this on the theory that even a little savings is better than none. Combined with my chase 10% cash back it still seems like a decent deal, $125 - $5 RMN cash back - $12.50 chase cash back = 107.5, which is a 14% discount.

The chase offer I have is capped at a max of 6 dollars back and they are one time use even if you don’t spend enough to get the max back

The chase offer I have is capped at a max of 6 dollars back and they are one time use even if you don’t spend enough to get the max back

Ugh - you're right and I knew that...I had in written down in the notes I had made last night, but it totally slipped my mind when I was looking at it again this morning.

They typically change by month, but may change more frequently than that. Sometimes there will even be a deal with a posted end date that unexpectedly ends early. I've had a few deals I planned to do that disappeared before I got to them.

But other times, I'll pass on one, only to have a better one show up. Last month, there was $10 off $100 at Shop Disney, but part way through the month it went to $10 off $80, and then $10 off $65. I ended up getting $75 in gift cards (free shipping) when the last deal was active, which will give me a 13% savings, IF it credits. So far it hasn't shown up.

If you do the $125 deal, you should get $10 back, not $5. But it's really only $8 because Staples charges a $2 fee for secure shipping on each card. Since the Chase is capped at $6, you would get $14 back on $125, which is 11.2% back, or you could do the $75 deal, get the same $6 from Chase plus $5 from RMN (minus $2 for shipping from Staples) to be 12% savings.

Just remember that RMN deals are never guaranteed, and you may end up with only the Chase cash back. IMO, the cash back from your Chase deal is what makes it worth considering. As I don't have the Chase offer, I would only net 6.4% off ($8 back on $125), so I'm passing. You may want to do the deal once or twice to hedge your bets, and then either not do it again (if it doesn't track) or do it later in the month (assuming it works and you still have the same or better deal).

I checked with Discover and they said that gas station purchases of gift card would qualify for the 5% if it is coded as a gas purchase. They suggested I make a test purchase and they would check to see how it is coded.
But now I need to find a gas station with Disney gift cards. Any suggestions? I checked several Speedways and they had Amazon, eBay, etc. but no Disney.

I believe some 7-11's also code as gas, but you'd have to check and see what gift cards they sell.

I just bought a gift card on giftcard granny I got a 25 ecard for 22.00. I thought it was a good deal.
I added it to my disney transfer/consolidate page

Oh yea 1% went on my swagbucks and I used my 25 visa gift card from swagbucks

Last edited:
Just a quick note about using credit card gift cards (Visa, Mastercard, AmEx gift cards) to buy Disney Gift cards.

I was successful in using an AmEx gift card to purchase a Disney Gift Card from shopDisney. The order went through so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I'll let you know if shows up. Hopefully they won't cancel the order on the back end and not notify me.

*** UPDATE ***

The Disney Gift Card that I ordered has arrived! I used an $100 American Express Gift Card to purchase a $100 Disney Gift Card via ShopDisney. I signed into my account and had no issues entering the AmEx card details as payment. The RMN reward will be pending until May 10th, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially, since it excluded gift cards. So there is at least some good news about using a credit card company gift card as payment. Not sure about the other companies, or if there is a dollar limit, though.

Hi all! I used this thread a couple of years back for our last trip and it was super helpful!

Planning our next trip Feb 2020. Looking to start stashing my gift cards now. Looks like some stuff has changed since I was here last.

1. What does RMN mean? :o
2. I've read some different posts regarding Target. What is the deal with Target these days?

I'm in CT. Last time I used mainly Sam's Club, Target, and Best Buy...occasionally BJs.

Thanks!

Hi all! I used this thread a couple of years back for our last trip and it was super helpful!

Planning our next trip Feb 2020. Looking to start stashing my gift cards now. Looks like some stuff has changed since I was here last.

1. What does RMN mean? :o
2. I've read some different posts regarding Target. What is the deal with Target these days?

I'm in CT. Last time I used mainly Sam's Club, Target, and Best Buy...occasionally BJs.

Thanks!

RMN is short for RetailMeNot. RMN has a website and an app, and deals/opportunities can vary slightly between them.

Target GC to GC is dead. Same at Best Buy. The only place currently consistently (although there were a few sporadic reported exceptions) offering GC to GC is Walmart/Sam's Club. Target Red Card will still get you 5% off gift cards, but with a decent rewards credit card, you can do a little better at Sam's or BJ's without extra effort.

People have mostly had good success with an app called DOSH that tracks your CC purchases and offers cash back. Sam's Club is one of the companies that offer cash back. Currently it's at 2%, but sometimes jumps to 8% or even 10% for short periods. This is (currently) stackable with a similar program through Uber Local, where you can earn 5% Uber credit for purchases made at Sam's Club. Filler item is required, and results are quite a bit more YMMV, with most people having reported getting credit on some trips, but not all.

Another higher-yield method is to purchase GCs at Best Buy (not using GCs to purchase), but using Swagbucks in-store rewards program to earn 9.5% back in Swagbucks. You can also earn Best Buy rewards through these purchases for another 1-2% back, but those rewards are no longer redeemable for gift cards.

RMN is short for RetailMeNot. RMN has a website and an app, and deals/opportunities can vary slightly between them.

Target GC to GC is dead. Same at Best Buy. The only place currently consistently (although there were a few sporadic reported exceptions) offering GC to GC is Walmart/Sam's Club. Target Red Card will still get you 5% off gift cards, but with a decent rewards credit card, you can do a little better at Sam's or BJ's without extra effort.

People have mostly had good success with an app called DOSH that tracks your CC purchases and offers cash back. Sam's Club is one of the companies that offer cash back. Currently it's at 2%, but sometimes jumps to 8% or even 10% for short periods. This is (currently) stackable with a similar program through Uber Local, where you can earn 5% Uber credit for purchases made at Sam's Club. Filler item is required, and results are quite a bit more YMMV, with most people having reported getting credit on some trips, but not all.

Another higher-yield method is to purchase GCs at Best Buy (not using GCs to purchase), but using Swagbucks in-store rewards program to earn 9.5% back in Swagbucks. You can also earn Best Buy rewards through these purchases for another 1-2% back, but those rewards are no longer redeemable for gift cards.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get me up to speed!

Just got a happy surprise...shopped at Kroger and got an immediate notification that I was getting 5% back on Dosh. It was a regular shopping order, no gift cards. Hoping it sticks around for me! Seems like several others of you have gotten this in the past, but I haven’t. How long does it last? Also, if you haven’t checked in a while, maybe check your Dosh app to see if Kroger is on there now if you have them in your area.

I have the AMEX card that gives 6% cashback on groceries. Are there any GC deals going on at Safeway or other grocery stores to get more than 6% if I buy Disney GCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter