Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Happy GUY Gift Card - Buyer Beware!

I purchased the Happy Guy GC at Office Max on 11/27 "Buy $150 Get $20 Off" and tried to purchase a Coleman Cooler online via Home Depot. The card would NOT work. Stated "Error. Missing numbers" so I called to hold the item for me. Went to Home Depot and card would not work at all. They tried everything but they got the same message. They called the GC company and was told there is a balance of $150 on the card, try this, try that nothing worked. I was told by the GC company I had two options: Use the card at another store or get a refund.

Since the whole purpose was to use it at Home Depot, I opted for a full refund. I was told I have to wait 30 DAYS. At the height of holiday shopping, are you kidding me!?! One and done, never again.

We are updating our Kitchen so I need Best Buy Gift Cards for the appliances and Home Depot, Lowe's gift cards for the hardware, paint etc.

UPDATE - I received my $150 check from "Blackhawk Network, Inc." today 12/18 :crazy2:

Where do you see the limit of 10? Not doubting you, but it seems like we've had reports of no limits, limit of 1 per family, etc. Just wondering if BBB clarified officially somewhere.
Doctorofcredit reported that one of his readers said that a rep said there was a limit of 10. It hasn’t been updated yet. That could just be one agent not knowing what they’re talking about or BBB actually limiting to 10 eventually.

I did the DVC phone tour (the targeted Disney Visa offer) on December 5th and never received my $40 gift card (I've checked my email many times, spam and trash and all the other folders). Were they all emailed or were some sent regular mail? Trying to figure out if I should just be patient or if I should email the rep I spoke with back and ask about it.

I agree about the $500 gc. I went into BB to buy many gift cards of $50 and when i purchased one for $500 i had a 10% cash back rewards for BB i got the 10%bb rewards plus the shop bonus for SB but not the shop and earn. Since then i have not gotten any shop and earn. I get the bonus but no shop and earn.

I will also add that on that purchase i also bought some like $10 earbuds for DD o keep at school. I had never added any items to my gift card purchases just the gift cards.

So I would say stay away from $500 gc
No shop and earn even on your small purchases after? Like you’re shop and earn blacklisted?! Yikes!!

I did the DVC phone tour (the targeted Disney Visa offer) on December 5th and never received my $40 gift card (I've checked my email many times, spam and trash and all the other folders). Were they all emailed or were some sent regular mail? Trying to figure out if I should just be patient or if I should email the rep I spoke with back and ask about it.
Email the rep before they peace out for the Holidays. The 1 report of a physical gift card I saw here this round was from a very confused poster wondering why a random $40 gift showed up in their mail- weird part was they did the offer in Sept and received the e-gift card shortly after. Imho that means they changed to emailed cards around Sept.

Happy GC offer from Simon Malls

BUY HAPPY CARDS GET A $10 VISA® SIMON GIFTCARD®

Buy at least $75 worth of Happy Gift Cards at Simon Guest Services December 3–30, and get a $10 Visa® Simon Giftcard®.
Purchase at least $75 worth of any combination of Happy Gift Cards, and receive a $10 Visa Simon Giftcard.® Limit one per transaction. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed as payment for featured Gift Card promotions. Offer valid 12/3/18–12/30/18 only on Happy Gift Cards purchased at Simon Guest Services or the Mall Office, while supplies last. No rain checks. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. See Happy Gift Cards for details, Terms and Conditions, and (if applicable) any fees. The Visa Simon Giftcard® can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S. and cannot be used at ATMs or redeemed for cash. The Visa Simon Giftcard® is issued by MetaBank,® Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. For more information about the Visa Simon Giftcard,® including Card Terms and Conditions and (if applicable) fees, visit simon.com/giftcard, Simon Guest Services or the Mall Office.

VALID FROM DEC 3–30

When I was there on Sunday one of my favorite cashiers (30-year old guy with glasses, tall and thin, interesting hair) said he thought my husband had been in last week. I had the awkward conversation about not having a husband and he said he does the same thing I do (I don't know if that's use SB QR and chase pay and buy Disney cards or what). It made me wonder if it was your husband:)

Thats hilarious - I bet it was. My husband went in one day, and the cashier made a comment about his wife being in earlier. We're easy to remember with our odd last name (not always a good thing lol). I guess perhaps he got you and I confused since we both do the same Disney/Swagbucks thing. Too funny!

BTW - you can borrow him if you like. He is very sweet and likes to iron and do dishes. He snores though!

Last edited:
Question about e-gift cards:

Do they have to be delivered electronically to the recipient or can I have them delivered to me, and print them to put in a Christmas card? I usually get physical gift cards, but I’ve seen a couple of good deals for ecards I’d like to use if I can do so without them being awkwardly addressed to me.

Question about e-gift cards:

Do they have to be delivered electronically to the recipient or can I have them delivered to me, and print them to put in a Christmas card? I usually get physical gift cards, but I’ve seen a couple of good deals for ecards I’d like to use if I can do so without them being awkwardly addressed to me.
If you want them delivered to you just put your email down as the recipient and their name as to who they are going to. Hopefully the email with the gift card will not show the email just the name of the recipient

Starting today Safeway has a Just4U offer for 10X reward points on Happy cards through December 29. Today is also the last day for the previous promotion to save $7.50 on your groceries when you buy select Happy cards. I stopped on my way to work and can verify that the two offers stack. I get more bang for my buck when I redeem the rewards points for groceries rather than fuel. With my 10 gallon tank, each 1X on rewards is worth $1 in fuel savings, so a max of $10 per fill-up. I can usually redeem 4 rewards for $7 off any meat department purchase which gives me 75% more value than redeeming for fuel. Plus, I don't have to wait until I'm running on fumes to fill-up and I'm not locked into Chevron which is higher than Fred Meyer and Costco.

Starting today Safeway has a Just4U offer for 10X reward points on Happy cards through December 29. Today is also the last day for the previous promotion to save $7.50 on your groceries when you buy select Happy cards. I stopped on my way to work and can verify that the two offers stack. I get more bang for my buck when I redeem the rewards points for groceries rather than fuel. With my 10 gallon tank, each 1X on rewards is worth $1 in fuel savings, so a max of $10 per fill-up. I can usually redeem 4 rewards for $7 off any meat department purchase which gives me 75% more value than redeeming for fuel. Plus, I don't have to wait until I'm running on fumes to fill-up and I'm not locked into Chevron which is higher than Fred Meyer and Costco.
Do you mind explaining their rewards a bit to me? Their gas stations are so far out of the way that I never paid the fuel points any mind, but I haven't looked into the grocery rewards part. If I buy a $50 Happy GC today, I get 500 points? What is that worth in grocery rewards?

Do you mind explaining their rewards a bit to me? Their gas stations are so far out of the way that I never paid the fuel points any mind, but I haven't looked into the grocery rewards part. If I buy a $50 Happy GC today, I get 500 points? What is that worth in grocery rewards?

Yes, you would get 500 points for the purchase of a $50 gift card. Each 100 points equals one reward. There is section in the Safeway app called Rewards where you can see the different reward levels and what you can redeem them for in store. They change monthly, although I typically see some of the same ones repeated each month. I'm assuming the grocery reward options are available to everyone now. When I first heard about them, they weren't available in my area. It wasn't until a few months ago that it was an option for me. Hope this helps.

How does master pass work? Is it online?

Can someone walk me through this?

If you don't have a masterpass account you can set it up during the purchasing process. They accept Master Card, Visa, Discover and something else I forget for this transaction. Just fill out the form and then it will bring up another and another. It's an e-gift card and I received both the $10 & $5 immediately.

Yes, you would get 500 points for the purchase of a $50 gift card. Each 100 points equals one reward. There is section in the Safeway app called Rewards where you can see the different reward levels and what you can redeem them for in store. They change monthly, although I typically see some of the same ones repeated each month. I'm assuming the grocery reward options are available to everyone now. When I first heard about them, they weren't available in my area. It wasn't until a few months ago that it was an option for me. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much! I was really struggling trying to figure out how many points it took to get 1 reward.

Does the $7.50 savings come off your total? Or is it off your next order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter