Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you switch your account over the apple to use the itunes gift cards. I saw this idea somewhere else, but wasn't really sure how to switch it over.

Log in to the Netflix website to cancel your subscription. It'll tell you that Netflix will remember your preferences for something like 9 months in case you change your mind. It'll also tell you that your account will continue to be available to use until the end of your current billing cycle. After that date, access the Netflix app on Apple TV, iPhone or iPad and you should be able to reactivate your same account (same user ID, password). This counts as an in-app subscription that'll be billed through iTunes. You can buy iTunes GCs at a discount from PPDG, Costco, etc., redeem them and load the credit to your iTunes account. As long as you have a credit balance, iTunes will deduct from that and not your credit card on file.

P.S. I'm not as familiar with Hulu, but the idea might be the same. Worth looking into.

Log in to the Netflix website to cancel your subscription. It'll tell you that Netflix will remember your preferences for something like 9 months in case you change your mind. It'll also tell you that your account will continue to be available to use until the end of your current billing cycle. After that date, access the Netflix app on Apple TV, iPhone or iPad and you should be able to reactivate your same account (same user ID, password). This counts as an in-app subscription that'll be billed through iTunes. You can buy iTunes GCs at a discount from PPDG, Costco, etc., redeem them and load the credit to your iTunes account. As long as you have a credit balance, iTunes will deduct from that and not your credit card on file.

P.S. I'm not as familiar with Hulu, but the idea might be the same. Worth looking into.

Thanks so much for explaining that. I looked into it earlier, but I was afraid if I cancelled on the netflix site that I would lose all the preferences that everyone has set up. I didn't know if it was worth messing with in that case. But, if it will keep everything, then I think I'm going to try that. Right now, I actually have $30 in itunes gift cards that I got through mycokerewards that no one really has a need for. Those gift cards will pay for netflix for the next few billing cycles and I'll keep my eyes open for discounted gift cards to use in the future.

Thanks again!

Can someone help a newbie to all this please? To get my feet wet, I'd just like to buy some gift cards from resellers (raise? gift card granny?), but I'm not sure what the risk is? What if I get the card and it doesn't have the amount it should on it? Or it does, but then I wait to use it, can the original owner use it (do I need to use it right away?) Are some reseller sites more reputable than others?

I saw gift cards for The Disney Store, can these also be used to pay the balance of my vacation online (or over the phone)?

Thank you!

Is anyone getting the extra ebucks with their GC purchases? I looked at the T&C on the bonus page and it only specifies eBay GCs being excluded, but the extra ebucks aren't showing on the item page, the cart or the checkout page (even though they show on all three for non-GC items).

Looks like there's a $5 off a $100 purchase at Best Buy on the ibotta app. I'm trying that instead of Shopkick. I think it's a higher discount. Hopefully it works. Anyone tried ibotta at Best Buy? I didn't see any restrictions on the ibotta offer. It says it will credit in up to 48 hours.

Is anyone getting the extra ebucks with their GC purchases? I looked at the T&C on the bonus page and it only specifies eBay GCs being excluded, but the extra ebucks aren't showing on the item page, the cart or the checkout page (even though they show on all three for non-GC items).
Mine often show after I've finished and completed purchasig and i check my total. Havent bought there in last few weeks but that was my experience and the T&c always excluded the purchase of eBay gc's from ebucks. Hopefully that hasnt changed but that part didn't look different to me.

Can someone help a newbie to all this please? To get my feet wet, I'd just like to buy some gift cards from resellers (raise? gift card granny?), but I'm not sure what the risk is? What if I get the card and it doesn't have the amount it should on it? Or it does, but then I wait to use it, can the original owner use it (do I need to use it right away?) Are some reseller sites more reputable than others?

I saw gift cards for The Disney Store, can these also be used to pay the balance of my vacation online (or over the phone)?

Thank you!

Hi there -

There is always a risk that the original owner of the GC will drain it, but from what I've read, resellers are usually pretty good to refund your money. You just need to check the balance of the card and use it as quickly as possible. Some people have taken their GCs and purchased another GC (from the same store) to avoid the card being drained.

GCs for the Disney Store are ONLY for Disney Store merchandise. You cannot use those particular cards to pay for your vacation. Whereas generic Disney GCs can be used essentially everywhere.

Tonight I went to a Walgreens a little further from my home to convert WG->Disney, and I was SO excited to see they have some GCs that Kroger doesn't carry - Chick-fil-A and Dunkin' Donuts! I don't know who should receive credit for the Walgreens pathway, but I'm very appreciative! I'm done with my Disney churn for this trip, but in the future, buying WG on eBay with 5x eBay bucks will save me 10% (+ 1% CC) on my prescriptions and these other non-Kroger GCs!

Looks like there's a $5 off a $100 purchase at Best Buy on the ibotta app. I'm trying that instead of Shopkick. I think it's a higher discount. Hopefully it works. Anyone tried ibotta at Best Buy? I didn't see any restrictions on the ibotta offer. It says it will credit in up to 48 hours.

It says not valid on gift card purchases on that offer, so I went with the sure bet of shopkicks.

It says not valid on gift card purchases on that offer, so I went with the sure bet of shopkicks.

Rats! When I looked before I didn't see any restrictions on what you could use it on and now I look back at it and there are several I didn't see before when I looked. The page must not have loaded all the way or something. Oh well! Thanks for letting me know so I wouldn't be waiting for it!

New to this board and trying to be sure I understand before purchasing. In reference to the $5 off of $50 gift card offer on eBay, I can purchase a BestBuy gift card and then go to Best Buy and purchase a Disney Giftcard with the BestBuy card bought from eBay?

New to this board and trying to be sure I understand before purchasing. In reference to the $5 off of $50 gift card offer on eBay, I can purchase a BestBuy gift card and then go to Best Buy and purchase a Disney Giftcard with the BestBuy card bought from eBay?
Correct.

You'll also want to make sure you're signed up for eBay Bucks so you can at least get the standard 2% eBay Bucks for your eBay purchase.

What are eBay bucks and how do I sign up? And is there a certain place 'seller' to buy the $50 gc from to get the $5 off?

OK, I figured out my above question....now how long is the $5 off good for? And I just take these to Best Buy and get Disney GC?

I have amazon prime and find their prices are much better than BB&B on most items. I got a wedding present (silverware) at 1/3 the price recently at Amazon than BB&B had it for and it was the exact same thing. I like the store, but check prices.

I like to go there to look at stuff in person and then order from Amazon if it's cheaper.

OK, I figured out my above question....now how long is the $5 off good for? And I just take these to Best Buy and get Disney GC?

1. Until supplies last. It's never a good idea to wait on deals.
2. YMMV. BB's POS system allows it, but your BB store may or may not allow using a BB GC to buy third-party GCs. Only way to know for sure is to try.

Got the rest of my USO cards and some Disney and Amazon during this Kroger fuel promo. Maxed out through October. Thanks for the PPDG sale post. Love 10% off the top instead of money back in goods. Ended up doing the BB transaction 7 times to get last remaining Disney I need for my trip at the end of the month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter