Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won a $25 Target GC from a Verizon Smart Rewards sweepstakes this week. Assuming the card comes in the mail in time before my trip, I should still be able to trade it in store for a $25 Disney GC, just no discount right?

Every little bit helps I think especially since this wasn't something I was planning on having.
Yes, you should have no problems in-store. No discount.

paypal digital gifts is giving a extra $5 off $50 purchase of digital gift cards.
http://www.ebay.com/sme/so.html?_si...ave-5-when-you-spend-50&_pgn=2&_skc=200&rt=nc

works on best buy gift cards and you can even stack with the southwest gift cards that cost $92 for 100
making them only $87 for 100.

Stack this with the xtra 6% ebay bucks and you out really well :)

Thanks for posting this! I'm not checking ebay as often as I used to so I would have missed it. Purchased some Hulu gift cards.

I won a $25 Target GC from a Verizon Smart Rewards sweepstakes this week. Assuming the card comes in the mail in time before my trip, I should still be able to trade it in store for a $25 Disney GC, just no discount right?

Every little bit helps I think especially since this wasn't something I was planning on having.
Congratulations on winning, so funny that you just posted this. I was just on Verizon's smart rewards page, and wanted to post some information regarding it. Verizon's smart rewards program sells discounted gift cards if you use some smart rewards points. Basically if a gift card is $100, you can buy it for $90 plus 1000 smart rewards points. If you have a Verizon account you are bound to have at least 10's of thousands of points. I have well over 200k, just from being a Verizon customer. Normally I did much better with ebay, but now that they don't take gift cards, I think I will use this more. They don't have any good churning gift cards (no Disney, BB, WG, Target or Sears), but I did notice something interesting for Disney. They have Yak & Yeti, Rainforest Café and T-Rex dining gift cards. They also have staples, CVS, office depot, macys and many others.

Congratulations on winning, so funny that you just posted this. I was just on Verizon's smart rewards page, and wanted to post some information regarding it. Verizon's smart rewards program sells discounted gift cards if you use some smart rewards points. Basically if a gift card is $100, you can buy it for $90 plus 1000 smart rewards points. If you have a Verizon account you are bound to have at least 10's of thousands of points. I have well over 200k, just from being a Verizon customer. Normally I did much better with ebay, but now that they don't take gift cards, I think I will use this more. They don't have any good churning gift cards (no Disney, BB, WG, Target or Sears), but I did notice something interesting for Disney. They have Yak & Yeti, Rainforest Café and T-Rex dining gift cards. They also have staples, CVS, office depot, macys and many others.

That was partly why I entered the sweepstakes. I had been earning the points for quite a while I guess, so I had plenty of points to burn. I still have about 200K left so I may buy another gift card to use for Christmas time too.

paypal digital gifts is giving a extra $5 off $50 purchase of digital gift cards.
http://www.ebay.com/sme/so.html?_si...ave-5-when-you-spend-50&_pgn=2&_skc=200&rt=nc

works on best buy gift cards and you can even stack with the southwest gift cards that cost $92 for 100
making them only $87 for 100.

Stack this with the xtra 6% ebay bucks and you out really well :)

I tried doing this and at first it shows $3 in eBay bucks but then when I got to check out it's only .90. Then I realize it's because I didn't hit the $50 minimum with the $5 off so I tried to buy $100 but it still only shows .90 ebucks. Weird.

So I'm trying to work this out. With the $5 off coupon, I pay $45 for a $50 BB GC. But this means I only get $0.90 eBay Bucks because I didn't meet the $50 spending minimum. If I buy a $100 BB GC instead, I pay $95, trigger the eBucks bonus and earn $5.70 in eBucks. But if I buy 2x $50 BB GCs in two transactions, I pay a total of $90, earn $1.80 eBucks. (Netting $1.10 more with two transactions.) Ebates pays 1% ($0.90) either way. These are such small gains, I'm not sure what I want to do...

ETA: I went with $50 BB GCs in two transactions. $10 off right now and $1.80 eBucks is better than $5 saved and $5.70 eBucks later. ~11% is a decent deal, and Ebates will give me another 1% cash back when I redeem the GCs on BB .com. But I wouldn't want to tie up any more OOP money into this deal since there may be better options down the road. If the GCs were already on sale, it might be a different story. I don't know if there's a hard limit on the number of times you can use this deal; I imagine at some point PPDG will decide you're committing "fraud" and lock you in verification hell.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to work this out. With the $5 off coupon, I pay $45 for a $50 BB GC. But this means I only get $0.90 eBay Bucks because I didn't meet the $50 spending minimum. If I buy a $100 BB GC instead, I pay $95, trigger the eBucks bonus and earn $5.70 in eBucks. But if I buy 2x $50 BB GCs in two transactions, I pay a total of $90, earn $1.80 eBucks. (Netting $1.10 more with two transactions.) Ebates pays 1% ($0.90) either way. These are such small gains, I'm not sure what I want to do...

I just assumed it was a one time use deal so I didn't even think about doing two transactions. I ended up with three $25 Hulu cards just to get over the $50. I clicked through from Ebates but I did notice that gift cards weren't on the list of eligible categories so I'm not expecting that 1%. Weirdly enough, I received $5.01 off my purchase instead of $5.00. Can't tell why. I did have $0.01 left on an eBay gift card but I didn't even try to enter the number.

I just assumed it was a one time use deal so I didn't even think about doing two transactions. I ended up with three $25 Hulu cards just to get over the $50. I clicked through from Ebates but I did notice that gift cards weren't on the list of eligible categories so I'm not expecting that 1%. Weirdly enough, I received $5.01 off my purchase instead of $5.00. Can't tell why. I did have $0.01 left on an eBay gift card but I didn't even try to enter the number.

I noticed that too on Ebates, that gift cards aren't listed as getting money back anymore. I'm pretty sure they listed them at 1% right? Because I know I've gotten Ebates credit before on eBay. Maybe I'll try Swagbucks.

I noticed that too on Ebates, that gift cards aren't listed as getting money back anymore. I'm pretty sure they listed them at 1% right? Because I know I've gotten Ebates credit before on eBay. Maybe I'll try Swagbucks.

Yep your right, gift card used to be 1% on Ebates and now it's gone.

I bought $100 BB through ppdg (had to verify once via text and I'm in an area without good cell reception right now - nerve wracking!), got the $5 off, $5.70 in eBay bucks, used Swagbucks (1% there hopefully!) then plan to use shop kicks in store at Best Buy for a Disney card. If it goes well, might get up close to 13% discount. Not as good as fuel points at Kroger, but I can use only so much gas and I need to start paying off my late January trip here shortly!

Thanks for posting this! I'm not checking ebay as often as I used to so I would have missed it. Purchased some Hulu gift cards.
If you buy hulu gc, can you apply to your existing acct to pay some of it off?

Yes you can. I usually pick up a Hulu card every couple of months at the grocery store to get 6% cash back with my Amex plus fuel rewards and load it into my account before they charge my credit card.

Redeeming a Hulu GC would appear as a credit to your account that Hulu will deduct with each monthly subscription billing. I do the same with Netflix currently. Although, when my Netflix subscription fee finally increases this month, I'll switch my Netflix account over to Apple/through AppleTV so I can pay using iTunes GCs, which go on sale (15-25% off) much more frequently than Netflix GCs.

Can anyone tell me if you get 2% back with a Disney Visa when you buy a Disney giftcard from the Disney giftcard website? Or is it just 1%? I'm hoping to get the 2% like I would have if I just used the card on our trip, but by buying the giftcard I will still get the 2% and be able to use the reward dollars on this trip instead of the next. Or should I just buy Target gift cards on Raise, get the 1% and buy the Disney giftcards in store? I'm just worred Target will close the in store loophole before I convert them.

Redeeming a Hulu GC would appear as a credit to your account that Hulu will deduct with each monthly subscription billing. I do the same with Netflix currently. Although, when my Netflix subscription fee finally increases this month, I'll switch my Netflix account over to Apple/through AppleTV so I can pay using iTunes GCs, which go on sale (15-25% off) much more frequently than Netflix GCs.

That's good point about going though iTunes. I think I can do that with Hulu and like you said, iTunes gift cards are regularly on sale.

Random reason Target is probably changing online gift card purchases with a gift card; I was just listening in to a call on the IRS scam going around. All operators have thick accents from India. They wil help you from being sued but can only accept Target gift cards as payment.....leave little reason to hope they will change their policy in the future back to allowing it at any point.

Im thinking ahead to Christmas for my teenage nieces and nephews. I don't want to send them paper gift cards unless I have to, Can I use an amazon GC to buy another amazon GC? Not a big deal if I can't, just easier.

That's good point about going though iTunes. I think I can do that with Hulu and like you said, iTunes gift cards are regularly on sale.

How do you switch your account over the apple to use the itunes gift cards. I saw this idea somewhere else, but wasn't really sure how to switch it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter