Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

The rides and passes available for each ride are limited, but you're not limited to how many you can get. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements and there's availability for selecting a new ride, you'll be able to do so.

Ok, someone elsewhere seemed to imply only a certain number of people in the park could purchase the genie plus add on each day (and no one corrected them so it gave me a little fright). Would like to just decide each day even though we will probably end up doing it anyway

Ok, someone elsewhere seemed to imply only a certain number of people in the park could purchase the genie plus add on each day (and no one corrected them so it gave me a little fright). Would like to just decide each day even though we will probably end up doing it anyway
Oh I gotcha. I think even if there is a limit, it hasn't been reached, so no one knows really for sure if there is a max.

So to me it sounds as if you can book them as long as they are already after 1.
That was true for us on Monday. We wanted Soarin’ for early evening and by 12noon, Soarin’ was available for 1:30. So, stacked Toy Story before finally getting Soarin’ - booked at 4p for a 5:15 return slot - for our early evening hop to DCA.

Hi all! We were maxpass pros… later at night most people had given up on max pass because nothing was available, and we would just refresh and snag random rides, can we still do this with genie?

Process question...

We bought our tix (5 day PH) through an approved third party vendor. I've loaded the tix barcodes into the app/my disney/profile and it seems to have accepted them as it let me make park reservations.

But there's nothing in the app that is a ticket/something we could scan for entry.

Do I need to bring the original email barcodes from the seller (or e-copies, etc) to the gate on the first day?

Process question...

We bought our tix (5 day PH) through an approved third party vendor. I've loaded the tix barcodes into the app/my disney/profile and it seems to have accepted them as it let me make park reservations.

But there's nothing in the app that is a ticket/something we could scan for entry.

Do I need to bring the original email barcodes from the seller (or e-copies, etc) to the gate on the first day?
Did you scan the tickets in the tickets and passes section of the app? That’s where they would appear if you scanned them in.

I've been confused on some responses saying that you can't buy Genie+ in advance for DL. We have a March trip booked at GCV, and we purchased discounted Disneyland tickets through my husband's employer. We were able to purchase Genie+ as an add-on to these tickets. I have loaded both our stay and the tickets on the Disneyland app, checked on the website, and verified they do indeed include Genie+. Additionally, when I walk through purchasing tickets on the Disneyland website, it also gives me the option to purchase Genie+ as an add-on to my 4-day tickets. What am I missing?

I've been confused on some responses saying that you can't buy Genie+ in advance for DL. We have a March trip booked at GCV, and we purchased discounted Disneyland tickets through my husband's employer. We were able to purchase Genie+ as an add-on to these tickets. I have loaded both our stay and the tickets on the Disneyland app, checked on the website, and verified they do indeed include Genie+. Additionally, when I walk through purchasing tickets on the Disneyland website, it also gives me the option to purchase Genie+ as an add-on to my 4-day tickets. What am I missing?
You can no longer but it with your ticket at WDW, there you can only purchase it day of. DLR is still selling them in advance. At DLR if you do not buy it with your ticket you can’t buy it until after you’ve scanned into the park. At WDW you can buy it starting at midnight and can start booking at 7am without being in the park.

I have seen this question asked earlier in this thread, but never saw a response so I would like to see if someone is able to answer this question. We are experienced with Genie+ at WDW and used to WDW resort guest being able to book LL selections being able to book LL selections beginning at 7 am. Is it the same at DL for resort guest?

I have seen this question asked earlier in this thread, but never saw a response so I would like to see if someone is able to answer this question. We are experienced with Genie+ at WDW and used to WDW resort guest being able to book LL selections being able to book LL selections beginning at 7 am. Is it the same at DL for resort guest?
No. You can’t start booking until after you enter the park for both genie+ and $LL. There is also no advantage to being onsite for $LL.

For reference today rotr was still available well into the afternoon.

Yes it's not the same at Disneyland. You can't pick your $LL time either, you take the time it gives you.

You can no longer but it with your ticket at WDW, there you can only purchase it day of. DLR is still selling them in advance. At DLR if you do not buy it with your ticket you can’t buy it until after you’ve scanned into the park. At WDW you can buy it starting at midnight and can start booking at 7am without being in the park.
The bolded seems to have changed. For the last two nights I’ve been able to buy DLR’s G+ just after midnight in prep for the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter