Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

Beginner question: i previously put our tickets on the app and made park reservations. My wife now has linked the tickets on her phone - should the park reservations also be visible in her app?

Beginner question: i previously put our tickets on the app and made park reservations. My wife now has linked the tickets on her phone - should the park reservations also be visible in her app?
If I recall correctly when we did all the parks at DW last year it did show the park tickets and the entry date for that specific park

It is still upon park entry. And you can’t buy it until you enter the park if you did not buy it with your ticket.
Thank you. I purchased it with my tickets so I wasn’t sure if I could book at 7. How about $ILL, do you book at 7?

Thank you. I purchased it with my tickets so I wasn’t sure if I could book at 7. How about $ILL, do you book at 7?
No. At Disneyland you can’t book anything until after you enter the park. Also, for $LL you won’t pick the time it will assign it like it does for regular LL.

Saw yesterday that G+ will soon have the option to refresh/change your existing reservation without cancelling it. So if you have a Space Mountain at 3:00 and its just before lunch you can check the app and if there is an earlier time or another ride you would prefer you can see it and can book it. A small postive change, IMO.

If you are in the park at 7:30 for EE, can you book your first LL then or do you have to wait until official park opening?

Does anyone know whether all members of the party need to have scanned in to make the LL bookings? Or can we evoke the old FP system and have a “runner” who enters the park at opening in order to make the first selection for the entire connected party?

Does anyone know whether all members of the party need to have scanned in to make the LL bookings? Or can we evoke the old FP system and have a “runner” who enters the park at opening in order to make the first selection for the entire connected party?
Everyone has to enter.

Even though you can't make LL reservations until everyone has entered for the day, can you make ILL without having entered?

8/17/22: Editing to say that this strategy won't work as well now that the Lightning Lane rules for park hopping have changed. Sorry!
I loved your Genie + with park hopping strategy! What changed that it won't work as well now?
Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter