Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

Can anyone confirm how it's working with modifying and re-setting the 2 hour time - specifically -
1) If you modify for the same attraction to a different time, does it re-set your 2 hour time for the next (initially booking Space for 3:20 at 12, I should be able to book another thing at 2, but at 1pm I refreshed and got a new booking for 2:20 instead, can I still book another LL at 2 since it was 2 hours since I first booked?)?
2) Same question, but does it work if you modify to a different attraction in the other park? Reset the time or no?

Can anyone confirm how it's working with modifying and re-setting the 2 hour time - specifically -
1) If you modify for the same attraction to a different time, does it re-set your 2 hour time for the next (initially booking Space for 3:20 at 12, I should be able to book another thing at 2, but at 1pm I refreshed and got a new booking for 2:20 instead, can I still book another LL at 2 since it was 2 hours since I first booked?)?
2) Same question, but does it work if you modify to a different attraction in the other park? Reset the time or no?
I did #2 on Saturday and it kept my original window.

When is the latest you can modify / cancel your G+ LL? Say we have a LL for 12 pm at Space Mountain and show up at 12 and there is not a long line. Can we modify for a different ride thereby saving the LL for Space for later on in the day at 12, or is it too late?
Also, similar to the above question... if we booked this LL for Space Mountain at 11 am to ride at 12 pm, and then we modified it at 12 pm to a different ride (later on in the day), would we be able to book our next ride at 1 pm or need to wait until 2 pm?

When is the latest you can modify / cancel your G+ LL? Say we have a LL for 12 pm at Space Mountain and show up at 12 and there is not a long line. Can we modify for a different ride thereby saving the LL for Space for later on in the day at 12, or is it too late?
Also, similar to the above question... if we booked this LL for Space Mountain at 11 am to ride at 12 pm, and then we modified it at 12 pm to a different ride (later on in the day), would we be able to book our next ride at 1 pm or need to wait until 2 pm?
Reports are that you can modify your LL until it expires. So that 12 pm SM LL can be modified until 12:59:59.

In your other scenario, no matter how you modify, your next LL booking will start at 1 pm; if you modify to something earlier, you'll be able to book once you scan in at the ride. (So your 12 pm SM becomes a 12:30 Matterhorn, which you use at 12:30, and you can book immediately upon entering the LL queue).

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong spot but I’m hoping y’all can help me out. Last year my family and I went to WDW, first day was fine with the genie+ although it did get a little annoying always pulling out my phone to scan barcodes for LL. Long story short our second day in the part for some reason I couldn’t get any signal(thanks ATT) at the gate like an idiot not being able to show my tickets. A nice CM takes me to a side booth and looks up our reservations, she then gives us physical cards and tells us we don’t need to use our phones for the LL we can use these. Anyways my daughter loved having her own disney card and being able to scan it at all the rides. She still keeps it in her toy box at home.
Heading to WDL in a few days, is this still an option? Or is everything the app or a magic wrist band?

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong spot but I’m hoping y’all can help me out. Last year my family and I went to WDW, first day was fine with the genie+ although it did get a little annoying always pulling out my phone to scan barcodes for LL. Long story short our second day in the part for some reason I couldn’t get any signal(thanks ATT) at the gate like an idiot not being able to show my tickets. A nice CM takes me to a side booth and looks up our reservations, she then gives us physical cards and tells us we don’t need to use our phones for the LL we can use these. Anyways my daughter loved having her own disney card and being able to scan it at all the rides. She still keeps it in her toy box at home.
Heading to WDL in a few days, is this still an option? Or is everything the app or a magic wrist band?
My understanding is that if you don't have magic band+ or want to use a phone, you get a paper ticket that would fit in a lanyard....

At least that was the case in the past and what I'm planning for the rest of my family since I have the only smart phone.

My understanding is that if you don't have magic band+ or want to use a phone, you get a paper ticket that would fit in a lanyard....
We had smartphones and Magicbands, and they still printed us each a paper ticket on our first day (Tuesday 2/21) after taking our photos. We didn't have to ask -- they still handed them out as they usually do.

I also can definitely confirm that switching return windows for the same ride does not reset the 2-hour window.

Last edited:

Question: let's say it's 4:00 and I book Indy with a return time of 9:00. Then, after 2 hours have passed, I book another LL for 6:00. Once I redeem my 6:00 ride, will I be able to book another LL, or will I not be able to since I already have the Indy LL reserved?

Question: let's say it's 4:00 and I book Indy with a return time of 9:00. Then, after 2 hours have passed, I book another LL for 6:00. Once I redeem my 6:00 ride, will I be able to book another LL, or will I not be able to since I already have the Indy LL reserved?
After you redeem your 6:00 or two hours since you booked your 4pm you’ll be able to book your next one whichever comes first.

First trip to DL but plenty experience with G+ and ILLs at WDW, diving into page 1 now on this thread, wish me luck.

Two days in May

Saturday, May 27 at DCA
Sunday, May 28 at Disneyland

Is there a limit on the number of LL you can hold at any given time? Someone (not on this forum) told me you can only hold a max of 2 at a time. That doesn't seem right.

Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as you acquire them per the rules (getting your next LL after two hours have passed or sooner if you have scanned in to your current LL), I think you can hold as many as you want. And that's especially true now that you can modify return times.
I believe you can only get two INDIVIDUAL LIGHTNING LANES per day. Maybe that's where the confusion arose?
BTW: I've always assumed you can hold both of your daily ILLs simultaneously. Is that true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter