• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean December 14 2013

I am so behind the times! I just now checked for a meet up group and we've been signed up for this cruise forever! It's our second cruise, first was almost exactly a year ago on the Wonder to Mexico.

We are from Washington State, My name is Melissa, I'll be traveling with my husband LeeRoy, and kids Grace (will be 13) and Logan (will be 15).

Our stateroom is 8598, we have main dining. Definitely want to participate in the exchanges, we won't be going to WDW, it is just not a possibility for this trip.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Welcome Melissa!!!! Glad you could join our group. If you don't mind , in my signature you will find a link to our webpage. On the page there is a join us link..if it's not to much trouble could you please submit a join us form??
My DD will be 13 as well. She loved having the roam of the ship on the Wonder in Jan...so she is really excited about the club for them on the Fantasy!!

I am planning on taking the kids to both Hollywood for the lights and Magic Kingdom for the Party. Maybe even do the Candlelight Processional
at Epcot. We performed in it several years during high school so I would enjoy sharing it with the kids as well.

It is all going to depend on the dates they have available and how my finals will fall. Technically the 14th is my graduation date so I know I'll be able to get on the ship that day as we won't have any classes. I'm not sure how finals will fall or how Disney's dates will line up with our dates for the cruise. So I'll just have to plan on doing it and as it gets closer and I have set dates, then I can actually plan for it whether it is before or after the cruise.

:welcome: Hi Melissa. Welcome to our group!!:) You will find that we are a pretty chatty bunch. I have a daughter (Gabi) that will be 14 by the time we cruise. Glad ya found us:goodvibes

Is there a mvmcp after we get off the cruise? I didnt think they did them that late in the month. I could be wrong though. Anyhoot, I just definitely hope to be going. I really want a pic of the castle at night with all the pretty lights.

464.jpg

Osborne Lights...not a good pic.

I will have to go find my awesome pic of the castle at Xmas time and post it....It is gorgeous!!
There won't be any dates after our cruise for MVMCP...usually ends the 19th or before so I would be shocked if there were....the past years would tell me NO. I can't wait to go and share it with my New York BFF's(disneydiva & 2pirates&1princess)....we always have a blast together and Robin hasn't been ever...Norma, not so sure. I love MVMCP....even more magical!!

I am with you on the castle pic! :lovestruc

Anyways I just did a quick google search after you said that. You are correct. The Party seems to end around the 18-19th of the month or at least it has the last few years. I know the Christmas lights still go for a bit longer so maybe party before the cruise and enjoy the lights the night we get back in?!? :confused3 Seems they release the dates for the partys around late April / early May.

If I get too chatty just PM me or something to tell me to stop replying to everyone. :) I like being involved so far in advance. Although hopefully this doesn't distract me to the length that the Dream cruise did for my GMAT exam. :headache: Didn't do as well as I'd hope but I still was admitted to my one and only choice. :dance3:

I feel so left out when I reply from work because I can't see the pictures. :rotfl2: So I'll have to go home and see what lovely ones you've found.

And Welcome Melissa!

Myself and DH will be on this cruise too. We are staying in room 10160 10th floor aft, next door to our son his wife and our 2 grandkids. This will be our second cruise with Disney, Our first was in 1986 when it was through premier cruise lines. Looking forward to our upcoming trip! I would like to sign up for the ornament exchange and FE too please!

I am with you on the castle pic! :lovestruc

Anyways I just did a quick google search after you said that. You are correct. The Party seems to end around the 18-19th of the month or at least it has the last few years. I know the Christmas lights still go for a bit longer so maybe party before the cruise and enjoy the lights the night we get back in?!? :confused3 Seems they release the dates for the partys around late April / early May.

If I get too chatty just PM me or something to tell me to stop replying to everyone. :) I like being involved so far in advance. Although hopefully this doesn't distract me to the length that the Dream cruise did for my GMAT exam. :headache: Didn't do as well as I'd hope but I still was admitted to my one and only choice. :dance3:

I feel so left out when I reply from work because I can't see the pictures. :rotfl2: So I'll have to go home and see what lovely ones you've found.

And Welcome Melissa!

Lianne,
I can't speak for anyone else but Robin, Norma and I will chat right along with you till we meet. We like a chatty bunch cause it helps get through the time and actually made our last cruise together a hard one to beat. We chatted with our "Dreamers" for over a yr and we all felt like we knew so much about each other when we got onboard that it did feel like we had friends onboard. So we love the chattiness!!! I will go look for a pic of the castle to post before I go to bed so you can see when you get home!!

Alright so I found my MVMCP pictures and thought I would post some

Osborne Lights

Dance Parties...MVMCP...the girls loved dancing with the characters.

and of course....couldn't forget the best of all
THE CASTLE!!!!!!
2007085.jpg

Now is that something to look forward to or what!!!:goodvibes:):yay:

I can't wait to go and share it with my New York BFF's(disneydiva & 2pirates&1princess)....we always have a blast together
:hug:

If I get too chatty just PM me or something to tell me to stop replying to everyone. :)

Ya know the funny thing is when I sign into the dis...I am already thinking..."Hmm, I wonder what Lianne has said today" :laughing: But that's a GOOD thing, cuz you're just as excited as me to have this cruise get here!!! So keep chatting away!!!!!

Where is everybody else??? Beth, Sandi, Sonja...Where are you guys?:goodvibes

Myself and DH will be on this cruise too. We are staying in room 10160 10th floor aft, next door to our son his wife and our 2 grandkids. This will be our second cruise with Disney, Our first was in 1986 when it was through premier cruise lines. Looking forward to our upcoming trip! I would like to sign up for the ornament exchange and FE too please!

Welcome Aboard!!!! Looking forward to getting to know ya:)

OK, I am popping in to see what is going on. I got a text from Robin that says I need to come on and say "HI":) I am glad that everyone on here is a chatty bunch. It makes the time go by that much faster.

Lianne you should post a pic of your group to the web page. Then that way when we see each other in the terminal we will recognize each other. It's nice to put a face to a (dis)name:)

OK. I am going to bed. Not feeling all that great. My side is killing me. Good night everyone!

Wow those pictures are beautiful. :love: Can you believe that was the first thing I checked when I came home because I wanted to see them? :rotfl2: Yes I am a dork. I am super excited to go see that it in person. I'll use that as my graduation incentive. :laughing: Did your family just love going during the holiday season?

I hope you get to feeling better. I've debated adding our pictures there but I wasn't sure how. I also wasn't sure if I needed to find a different picture than the one I have in my ticker or not. Like it is some unspoken rule or something that it needed to be a different one. :lmao:

I hope everyone has an easy time waking up their kiddos tomorrow to get started for school. I am a bit nervous to see how our household will do with the earlier time.

Michelle I cant wait to see the castle in person!
And I can't wait to go with you.
OK, I am popping in to see what is going on. I got a text from Robin that says I need to come on and say "HI":) I am glad that everyone on here is a chatty bunch. It makes the time go by that much faster.

Lianne you should post a pic of your group to the web page. Then that way when we see each other in the terminal we will recognize each other. It's nice to put a face to a (dis)name:)

OK. I am going to bed. Not feeling all that great. My side is killing me. Good night everyone!
Norma, I hope you feel better!!
Wow those pictures are beautiful. :love: Can you believe that was the first thing I checked when I came home because I wanted to see them? :rotfl2: Yes I am a dork. I am super excited to go see that it in person. I'll use that as my graduation incentive. :laughing: Did your family just love going during the holiday season?

I hope you get to feeling better. I've debated adding our pictures there but I wasn't sure how. I also wasn't sure if I needed to find a different picture than the one I have in my ticker or not. Like it is some unspoken rule or something that it needed to be a different one. :lmao:

I hope everyone has an easy time waking up their kiddos tomorrow to get started for school. I am a bit nervous to see how our household will do with the earlier time.

It was wonderful going during Christmas. I love the decorations and nothing like being warm and seeing it snow on Main st. I mean when I have snow it's freezing here...:rotfl: It doesn't matter what picture you use...you can send it to me and I will add it to the web page.

Well off to think of more things to list on e*ay and sell for Disney money:cool1:

I found this on another thread that is going out on the fantasy later this month. I think this would be kinda cool to do,f we had enough girls who wanted to do it (maybe some guys too:goodvibes)

Sunday, April 1, 2012:
Pink Champagne Girls Official Meet – Oh La La - 2:00 - 3:00
Organized by Calypso726 [Terrie P]

If you plan to come I need your names and cabin number just in case there are any last minute changes and I need to contact you. Email Terrie at FantasyMV@gmail.com. Arrangements through DCL limit this gathering to 50 people. There will be a $20.00 per person charge to those on the list as of 3/26/12 and will be charged to the room account. This charge is non-refundable. Tiaras and pink feather boas will be provided for everyone.

If you sign up, you must wear a pink shirt to the meet up. At this even guys WILL be welcome,, BUT they MUST wear a pink shirt, feather boa and tiara the WHOLE time.

I like the idea of a pink chanpagne meet. Does Disney supply the tiarra's and boa's or do we? Robin you should call Disney and find out. I bet we could get some girls interested in doing that. Great, now I gotta go look for a pink shirt:)
What is included for that 20.00? Do we get food? Lots of questions

I love this idea to although I am confused as to what u do once your dresse??d in all this. I think it would be cool if we all got breast cancer awareness shirts. That is what I am gonna do anyhow....kind of a close to my heart thing.
I also saw another thread doing a white elephants exchange with the ornaments...would be kinda nice way to get together and do the exchange. I will give credit where it is sure...the xmas cruise for this year had the idea or found it from someone else. Either way its nice!! Any thoughts??

Hey All!

I realized when I saw the post asking where we were that I'm having a hard time getting out of my "lurking" behaviour.:blush:

As you can see by my post count and join date, I've been here a while, but I don't post very often. I'm a pretty shy person by nature, so I tend to just look around and enjoy everyone else's posts. I'm going to do my best to get over this!!!!:banana::banana: My goal will be to try to post here every day (I mean, really, I've been obsessing over the FE homemade gift thread for the past week or so, I think I can spare some time for this thread!)

By the way...I think my DH is a little concerned that I'm getting so into the FE gift exchange. Like I said, I've been reading through the entire homemade gift thread and I have soooooooo many ideas of what I want to do. The problem is that I've been haunting e-bay for items that I'll need (or think I'll need). Oh well, it'll be a lot of fun whipping these things together - and besides, what else am I going to do to make the next 641 days go by faster!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

By the way...I think my DH is a little concerned that I'm getting so into the FE gift exchange. Like I said, I've been reading through the entire homemade gift thread and I have soooooooo many ideas of what I want to do. The problem is that I've been haunting e-bay for items that I'll need (or think I'll need). Oh well, it'll be a lot of fun whipping these things together - and besides, what else am I going to do to make the next 641 days go by faster!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

This definitely made me laugh, because on our first cruise, my husband had NO clue what to expect with the FE, and we ended up having to buy another suitcase to take home on the last night because we had SO much more stuff than when we got there. Had so many FE gifts that we ended up giving away some just to fit in what we did have. It's fun, but a bit overwhelming. We even split our group in two because we had so many participating.

It'll be nice having others join in the daily postings! :thumbsup2

I think hunting for and deciding what to do for the exchange is the most fun aspect of it. Well that and getting items from all over the World potentially. My kids really enjoyed it. It was interesting trying to do the whole homemade thing about two - three weeks out from the sailing last time.

I enjoy looking at all the homemade items too. :lovestruc

Hey All!

I realized when I saw the post asking where we were that I'm having a hard time getting out of my "lurking" behaviour.:blush:

As you can see by my post count and join date, I've been here a while, but I don't post very often. I'm a pretty shy person by nature, so I tend to just look around and enjoy everyone else's posts. I'm going to do my best to get over this!!!!:banana::banana: My goal will be to try to post here every day (I mean, really, I've been obsessing over the FE homemade gift thread for the past week or so, I think I can spare some time for this thread!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter