Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean December 14 2013

I feel like I should show them to the kids to see if they'd be interested in them but at the same time, I'm like why not take a chance and just buy them already? Haha. I do <3 that you've taken the time to post the menus and all on there.

Did you guys read about the no Mickey Bars on the recent cruises today? And about them potentially having ice cream sandwiches instead. My kids would be a bit disappointed to not have Mickey bars. Kayleigh ate them EVERY night at Dinner. It was grilled cheese (not on menu) and Mickey Bars for her constantly. Stinker! She kept wanting them in the parks too because she enjoyed them so much on the Dream.

Oh and am I the only one who loves seeing our group on the front page of the meets section? So cool since we are still quite a while away from sailing. Lots of time to get to know each other. :)

I am thinking with my investment in Disney ornaments I'd like to be in the exchange. I am not sure what to say with the dining linking. We don't know anyone on the cruise and so I'm thinking we aren't linked with anyone and probably won't be. I'm curious to see since they have a while in advance if they will sit us with others. On the Dream we had a table for just the four of us. We were wait listed originally for early dining so I was shocked at the last minute to have a table alone.

Oh and am I the only one who loves seeing our group on the front page of the meets section? So cool since we are still quite a while away from sailing. Lots of time to get to know each other. :)

I am thinking with my investment in Disney ornaments I'd like to be in the exchange. I am not sure what to say with the dining linking. We don't know anyone on the cruise and so I'm thinking we aren't linked with anyone and probably won't be. I'm curious to see since they have a while in advance if they will sit us with others. On the Dream we had a table for just the four of us. We were wait listed originally for early dining so I was shocked at the last minute to have a table alone.

Being a chatty bunch will make our time to wait seem more managable and getting to know each other is exciting. Robin, Norma and I had a great cruise in 2009 together and had a great bunch who chatted it up over a year in advance and I think that made us all feel like we had friends onboard.

I will add you to the Ornament exchange. As far as dining, you can always chat in here and if you find a connection with someone and think it would be fun dining together, then link ressie's closer to the cruise. I only put it on the questionaire in case anyone wanted it to say maybe, so people knew who could ask to do so. We have a large party of 13 at our table:woohoo:

Robin told me of the Mickey bar up-roar. I love anything shaped in Mickey ears;) My DD got them every desert. but honestly as long as there is something Mickey ear shaped, well I don't care.

Robin --thanks --I know you love the website!! :thumbsup2 FYI to the rest of you...I may do all the work on the webpage, but Robin does come up and edits the webpage..:worship: If there is anything you guys wanna see on it or suggestions let me know...doesn't mean I can do it..sometimes this web page causes some challanges but I will try!

Oh darn, I got sucked into the disneystore site....$88 later! Arrgghh But on a happy note...I AM GONNA GET MICKEY MAIL THEN!!!

Hi Lianne...I just got done buying those hats. I am so excited. We will wear them for our embarkation photo. Cuz it is a christmas cruise ya know:santa:
I did read about the Mickey bars not being on the cruises anymore. I never had one so I dont really know what I am missing. My kids did enjoy them however, so they may be a little sad.

As far as dining goes, maybe we will be on the same dining rotation and we can sit near each other:goodvibes Well, that is if you dont mind sitting near Michelle on lobster night (watch out cuz butter goes flyin' everywhere)!!!!!:rotfl:

I think we are definitely going to have fun on our cruise! Everyone seems so nice to talk to:goodvibes

My son Noah will be 6 1/2 by the time of the cruise (our 2nd). He loved the kids club and can't wait to go back. 656 days is a long time for a 4 (soon to be 5) yr old - long time for mommy, too!!

It sounds like he is going to have lots of great company!

Sophie will be glad she will have another friend to play with in the clubs!!!!:goodvibes

You two are making me feel like I peer pressured you into shopping on there today. :rotfl: I have a love hate with the Disney Store online. I tend to spend my paychecks on Disney Dooneys. They are my guilty pleasure. I go through shopping periods with them though so I can go awhile without getting my fix. :lmao: I figure we all have our guilty pleasures and there are worse ones to have than my Disney purse obsession. :laughing:

I think the hats would make for some great festive photo opportunities. :thumbsup2 Is it crazy I hesitate to purchase these hats all on sale but have been jumping to purchase all of the Dooney's? :dance3:

<3 the comment about the butter flying! I didn't have any requests the first time in regards to dining. I hope our servers are on the Fantasy they were really nice. :love: But other than seeing if we could have them again, I am open to suggestions.

You two are making me feel like I peer pressured you into shopping on there today. :rotfl: I have a love hate with the Disney Store online. I tend to spend my paychecks on Disney Dooneys. They are my guilty pleasure. I go through shopping periods with them though so I can go awhile without getting my fix. :lmao: I figure we all have our guilty pleasures and there are worse ones to have than my Disney purse obsession. :laughing:

I think the hats would make for some great festive photo opportunities. :thumbsup2 Is it crazy I hesitate to purchase these hats all on sale but have been jumping to purchase all of the Dooney's? :dance3:

<3 the comment about the butter flying! I didn't have any requests the first time in regards to dining. I hope our servers are on the Fantasy they were really nice. :love: But other than seeing if we could have them again, I am open to suggestions.

Don't worry you are not peer pressuring Robin and I. Anytime we can get a Disney box in the mail it's a good day!! :goodvibes Yeah I think our boarding day photos will be cute with us all in Santa hats. If some of our group doesn't get them now, the good thing is we have next Christmas to get them. I forgot to order my parents some but I will ask them when they return from Florida next week if they want them.
Robin comes up with some cute photo ops for us. Then we brain storm to design our outfits...feeling accomplished cause we know our boarding day outfits!!! Thank goodness our DH's just go along for the ride and will wear whatever we put them in....keep that in mind when you see them around the ship...chances are we made them wear it!:rotfl2::lmao:

Butter flying:confused3 I have no idea what Robin is talking about. Now our DH's might have a "Who can eat the most Lobster" contest!! Let me just say our server will earn their weekly tip just on that night alone!!

We don't have a Disney store in Sandusky but we have them in Toledo and Cleveland which are both an hour from me. This weekend Sydney(DD-11) and I are going to Toledo for a dance convention(competition dancers learn from choreographers who have worked with stars). So while she is there for 9 hours, I am going shopping and of course I will be making a stop at the Disney Store!!! Ya never know what could be hiding on those shelves. Plus now that Robin and I are excited and planning like crazy, I always shop thinking cruise:thumbsup2 Now if we could just get Norma as excited as us..LOL Though maybe we plan way ahead so it is hard to get excited...MY DH always says he will get excited about 4-6 months out. I am hoping I can get time off from work at the end of the summer to visit my girlies in New York...

Well time to awaken Sleepng beauty..ok in the morning maybe DD(8) is more like Scar...:rotfl:

Being a chatty bunch will make our time to wait seem more managable and getting to know each other is exciting. Robin, Norma and I had a great cruise in 2009 together and had a great bunch who chatted it up over a year in advance and I think that made us all feel like we had friends onboard.

:yay: Just finally figured out how to multi-quote!!! :yay:

I couldn't agree more. It's so great to be able to chat with you guys....and have you as excited as I am about something so far in advance!!!

Now if we could just get Norma as excited as us..LOL Though maybe we plan way ahead so it is hard to get excited...
I am hoping I can get time off from work at the end of the summer to visit my girlies in New York...

I am excited Michelle!!!:goodvibes I just have been so busy with working that I havent had a chance to get on the boards. I will have to go look at the hats again and see if I am going to get them. They are cute and on sale, so it is difficult to pass up!!! I am hoping you can come see us also. Perhaps fot the State Fair:)

I am so glad that we have a chatty bunch! I have noticed on some threads that people are only on page 6 or 7 and they are cruising this year at Christmas. Wow! We have already surpassed them with our chatiness:yay: How fun would it be if we were all on the same dining rotation.:goodvibes Although I would like to be in the fanciest restaurant for formal night. What is that called again? Royal Gardens??? Anyway, gotta get my kiddos up and out the door!:)

I am excited Michelle!!!:goodvibes I just have been so busy with working that I havent had a chance to get on the boards. I will have to go look at the hats again and see if I am going to get them. They are cute and on sale, so it is difficult to pass up!!! I am hoping you can come see us also. Perhaps fot the State Fair:)

I am so glad that we have a chatty bunch! I have noticed on some threads that people are only on page 6 or 7 and they are cruising this year at Christmas. Wow! We have already surpassed them with our chatiness:yay: How fun would it be if we were all on the same dining rotation.:goodvibes Although I would like to be in the fanciest restaurant for formal night. What is that called again? Royal Gardens??? Anyway, gotta get my kiddos up and out the door!:)

Yes I am hoping State Fair...hoping it won't conflict to much cause the girls start school then. Also it is over Labor day so unsure work will let me off. I believe Labor Day is mandatory but I figure I am not cruising this yr like planned so they should allow me a few days to come your way!! The girls would love it!!!:woohoo:

It felt like the Royal Palace was our primary dining room. We had breakfast, lunch, and two dinners there. :cool1:

I read on the group site the part with the menus. I am loving the sound of the two different shows they have in AP. :thumbsup2

I would like to have my dining rotation to be where I am in Royal Court for formal night. It looks really pretty! I did read about the two shows for Animator's. I think that will be really cool:)

Did anyone hear that they are making Mariah Carey the godmother of the Fantasy? I do think she is a great singer and I do like her...but not to be the godmother. What is Disney thinking?

It felt like the Royal Palace was our primary dining room. We had breakfast, lunch, and two dinners there. :cool1:

I read on the group site the part with the menus. I am loving the sound of the two different shows they have in AP. :thumbsup2

We must've had the same rotation, Lianne! Did you have main or late seating? We were late and realized the last night that another DISer(SoCaMom) and her party were at the very next table!

I just learned about the dis radio that is at the bottom of the main page. It plays music from inside the parks and all the shows (like Lion King and Beauty and the Beast). Makes me feel like I am at Disney while I am surfing the net:goodvibes How did I not know about this:confused3:)
Ya learn something new every day!!:)

Sophie will be glad she will have another friend to play with in the clubs!!!!:goodvibes

Noah will be so excited!

We received our cruise "welcome info" pkg the other day in the mail and I thought he was going to bust with excitement. He was looking at all the pics saying :I am going to do that . . . and that . . .and that :rotfl:too funny!

My DH (that's right, DH, not DS :laughing:) is going to miss the Mickey ice cream as he ordered one every other night for dessert!

Is anyone else also planning a pre or post WDW trip with the DCL?

I am not sure yet if we'll be doing the Christmas Party and WDW itself before or after the cruise. I think it'll depend on my classes and what days I have finals. I already feel like I'm pushing it to be in Port Canaveral on graduation date (obviously I'm not walking that day well except into the atrium to be announced on our Disney cruise arrival :rotfl:).

It will make it interesting trying to request the time off work in December (we can only request a year out). Guess I'll pick a wide range of dates to ask off for and then reduce it down accordingly when I have the actual schedule. :rolleyes1

Beth - We we in the main seating. So I guess you probably originally had the same as us and then later on changed it to the late dining. I was telling Martina how we are both on this upcoming sailing and what an interesting coincidence booking the same one again. She hasn't rebooked yet but she said if she hits the lottery, she'll be joining us on our 12/14/13 sailing. :laughing:

I think we are going to go to WDW before the cruise. I have always wanted to see Disney all decorated for Christmas. I know we will do MVMCP and I am also hoping to hit one more park during our stay. Depends on how much we get back in taxes if that will even be feasible.

We cant do it after because my son (22 at cruise time)is not going with us and I want to get home to be with him for the holidays.

We're planning on flying in to Florida the day before the cruise (possibly do MVMCP that night), then cruising, then spending 7-10 days at WDW before flying home again. We figure we've come all that way, we may as well take a bit of time. We would have loved to have done a pre-cruise stay at WDW, but because Ryan and I both work in the school system (not to mention that Erik will be in grade 12 and Sara in grade 10), our options are limited. We already have to take a few days without pay to make this work.

I would love to be able to go to the Christmas party. I will if I can make enough money selling on Ebay. That is how I am paying for this cruise.:lmao:

So I will know closer to the trip if I am going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter