Disney Dream October 6, 2013

We have done Palo for dinner and brunch. Brunch was my favorite of the two. We also did Remy on the Fantasy and if you are into that kind of dining...it is NOT to be missed!! It was FABULOUS!!! Worth every penny!! :cool1: We didn't get the wine pairing but did have a wonderful bottle of wine with our dinner.

As I am cruising with the Fab4 DISmoms this time around, some of us are doing Palo brunch but we all are skipping Remy this trip.

I think we will try to add a brunch when the time comes. Emily enjoyed the kids club two years ago. I think she won't mind going while we are having a fancy brunch.

I talked to her last night and she does want to dress up for pirates night if I can find a blue pirate costume for her. We have plenty of time to try to find or put something together. I'll be hitting some garage sales this spring/summer.

momm2four said:
As far as dressing up...how many of you do dress up for pirate night? I never have, but am now traveling with supermoms who sew so who knows what we might do, lol.

Lori P. :)

We dressed up for pirate night last time. My wife made cool family t-shirts with Mickey head skull and crossbones, pirate hats and a plastic sword for the boy. (see my profile photo) Shipped it all from home to save money. Didn't dress elaborately, just enough to participate in the fun with the other families. Lots of people didn't dress up... others dressed in theater quality pirate costumes. We thought the deck party was a lot of fun... that said, it was pretty late in the evening by the time the fireworks went off, so although we stayed up to watch them my little boy was EXTREMELY tired after the fact.

We will all be dressing up! Our family of 3, my Dad and the other family of 5 that we are traveling with.

Oh... And happy Friday!!!! Only 35 more Fridays to go!!! Woohoo!!!

Scott

We are only bringing the clothes we need to go to the wedding and four nights of evening clothes and four days of clothes. The rest of our stuff will be at AKL. We really want to try to travel light on this one.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

pixiedust: Hooray, just booked our first DCL cruise! Our family of 4 can't wait to board the Dream. :banana:

That will be our first cruise too! Me, DH and DS8, It is his 9th Birthday present which we won't tell him about until we get to the port. We then have 3 nights HRH Uni and the 12 nights at BWV!!! Which is when his birthday is. Only 243 days till we leave, can wait TTFN Jo

jo_de_vil said:
That will be our first cruise too! Me, DH and DS8, It is his 9th Birthday present which we won't tell him about until we get to the port. We then have 3 nights HRH Uni and the 12 nights at BWV!!! Which is when his birthday is. Only 243 days till we leave, can wait TTFN Jo

We will be celebrating a birthday too. The big four-oh for me... Over the hill. (Snif)

Just want to brag about the Super Bowl. I am proud to say....... I did not watch one second of it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Just want to brag about the Super Bowl. I am proud to say....... I did not watch one second of it.

Me neither. :thumbsup2

ETA-- I did watch the Puppy Bowl though!

Hello all!

It's our very first cruise and our first family trip to WDW (DW and I visited WDW and IOA back in 2000).

We're vacationing with another family and it's their first Disney Cruise too.

I've been scouring the forums trying to learn about the tips/tricks/activities. We're also looking forward to seeing Atlantis during our shore day so if you have any experience with the water slide rental via CS I'd appreciate reading about it.

And speaking of tips - thanks for the post about the webcam. I'll have to show our boys the Dream leaving the port.

Good night!

DisneyHysteria said:
Hello all!

It's our very first cruise and our first family trip to WDW (DW and I visited WDW and IOA back in 2000).

We're vacationing with another family and it's their first Disney Cruise too.

I've been scouring the forums trying to learn about the tips/tricks/activities. We're also looking forward to seeing Atlantis during our shore day so if you have any experience with the water slide rental via CS I'd appreciate reading about it.

And speaking of tips - thanks for the post about the webcam. I'll have to show our boys the Dream leaving the port.

Good night!

I wish I could be some help here. When we did back to back cruises on the Wonder in 2010 I really wanted to goA to the Water Park at Atlantis, until I saw they wanted 150 bucks or so. No thanks. The two days we were in Nassau I just stayed on the ship. This cruise will be no different as that's the day of my friends wedding.

My daughter is 8. Will your son be going to the kid's club/lab?

We are in an 8C cabin. I was checking the prices and it would only be $98 more for us to move to a 6A with a Verandah. Anyone ever had a 6A cabin? We have the same cabin we did two years ago and loved it. I would like a verandah but would hate to end up with a cabin we don't like.

Sorry I can't help you out. We only do insides cause we are not in the room except to sleep and change. Only reason we have a balcony for the WBPC is they out it on special for airline employees and it was 1100 cheaper than my inside.

We've only done inside rooms as well. Except for this cruise, we decided to go all put and we have an aft balcony room.

Oh... And happy Friday!

Only 33 more Fridays!!!

Well if this cruise is offered at the same airline discount as the WBPC than we too will upgrade. If not we will stay with our inside.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are spoiled. Had outside cabins for our last few cruises and an extended balcony on deck 5 on Dream. Especially during the sea day, the pool decks become a sea of humanity and its nice to have a private balcony to relax on. On the last night of our 2011 cruise on Dream my wife and I sat out there on the last night after little guy went to bed, shared a bottle of wine. It was really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter