Disney Dream October 6, 2013

We had an aft balcony last Oct on Carnival. It was nice, although I will never sail that ship again. This time we decided to get one of the extended aft balconies on the 9th deck. We can't wait to see it!!!!

I have a feeling that after this next cruise, it will be hard for me to convince DW to go back to an inside stateroom again. Lol

Best sleep I have ever gotten was an inside cabin on a cruise. It was so dark and quiet. Our 2011 Dream cruise was our first outside cabin. Only got it because it was the cheapest room available and it wasn't really cheap. I was told not to get used to it but I did. :-)

This upcoming WBPC is our first time with a balcony. We both have been telling ourselves not to get used to it. We feel lucky enough to be able to afford a inside. We just got lucky they offered airline employees such a great rate.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

What are some of the recommended excursions for this trip?

Not sure what will be available 75 days out when we have our online booking, so just planning ahead for now.

Thank you!

DisneyHysteria said:
What are some of the recommended excursions for this trip?

Not sure what will be available 75 days out when we have our online booking, so just planning ahead for now.

Thank you!

Sorry can't help you. Never been off the ship in Nassau. This cruise will be no different.

The Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter is a good excurison. Did this in July on a Carnival Cruise. You are on a platform in the water and each person gets to do several things with the dolphin. Our dolphin's name was Andy. You can also stay and spend time at the beach which looked nice. We were also able to watch the Sea Lions too. My daughter and niece, both 7 at the time, were very excited about this excursion. I am glad we went.

I also did the sting ray exursion at Castaway Cay several years ago. I enjoyed this. You can snorkle with the sting rays after the feedings but they didn't stick around if there wasn't any food.

These are the only excursions I have done. I did take a carriage ride around Nassau many many years ago. My mom and sister's carriage raced another carriage and they were glad to get off. My ride was rather calm.

I did get a bamboo massage on the ship on Nassau day. WONDERFUL!

Just wanted to send greeting from WDW. Here for a week.

aan1701 said:
Just wanted to send greeting from WDW. Here for a week.

Have a great time! Cold down there. I'll be in Orlando for 4 days starting on Monday

BensDaddy said:
Have a great time! Cold down there. I'll be in Orlando for 4 days starting on Monday

I will still be here. Yes it's way to cold for WDW and tomorrow it's going to be worse.

Yesterday was nice. We are headed to EPCOT tonight for a company event. Head home tomorrow.

BensDaddy said:
Yesterday was nice. We are headed to EPCOT tonight for a company event. Head home tomorrow.

It was nice yesterday. Headed home today. First though going to EPCOT to get the flower and garden pins and a dole whip with rum. Oh that sounds heavenly.

aan1701 said:
It was nice yesterday. Headed home today. First though going to EPCOT to get the flower and garden pins and a dole whip with rum. Oh that sounds heavenly.

Where do you get a Dole whip with rum?!

BensDaddy said:
Where do you get a Dole whip with rum?!

I got it as you enter world showcase. You make a right towards Canada and it the first booth on the right. It had pineapples on the side. Oh man was it good.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I still cant access any of the facebook pages? Please help! What am I doing wrong?

I don't know if there is more than one....but myself and the three friends that are sailing with me have this one ... (FAB4 DISmoms)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/271583602969403/

DREAMing of October 2013 Cruise

It is a closed group so you will have to be added...so far we are the only ones in it! :rotfl2: If there is another FB group I would love to know as well!

I hope this helps!

Big fun at home tonight. My daughter, two nieces, and a friend are having a Wizards of Waverly Place sleep over. Yeah more Wizards to watch. Disney channel had a wizard marathon last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter