Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

Anakin had a very bad seizure this morning in his sleep. He is doing ok today and just taking it easy today. We are still heading to Coronado Springs on Friday. But we will be taking it very easy and working hard not to let him overheat or over exhert.

When this happens we always look at the possible triggers and what he was doing before. We went to DHS after eating pizza with friends. He wanted to walk instead of using the chair. (We used the tram and he only went on 2 attractions and took sitting breaks and drink breaks.) I guess it was too humid out for him? Or he may have overdone it walking? Or maybe too much sensory input on Star Tours?

Much to his dismay, we will not be allowing him on Star Tours again for a long time. Nor will we let him sweat. He will however, be riding in style at the parks.

The neurologist said we all need a vacation!

I am sorry to hear about Anakin's seizure. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult they are for you to handle as well as him.

I am with the neurologist. Vacation is a great thing!!

Sorry to hear about the seizure...I think the doctor is right...a vacation is needed! :woohoo: And riding in style...how can I arrange that for myself! I know you will take good care of him, and this mini vacation will help him get his mind off of the seizure.

was reading on momabaarjo's thread you're going to be there from 9th we miss you by one day :(

Sorry to hear bout Anakin as well hope he is feeling better now

I am sorry to hear about Anakin's seizure. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult they are for you to handle as well as him.

I am with the neurologist. Vacation is a great thing!!

Thanks. He is having some myoclonic activity this moringing, but again it's stuff we are suppose to ignore. He is still sleeping. I will let him sleep 'til 10 before getting him up to start school. I'd like him to get ahead, but after not doing much yesterday, I don't think it's possible. I think he will have to do school while on vacation.

Sorry to hear about the seizure...I think the doctor is right...a vacation is needed! :woohoo: And riding in style...how can I arrange that for myself! I know you will take good care of him, and this mini vacation will help him get his mind off of the seizure.

He wanted to talk about it yesterday, but Goofy doesn't like talking about it. He has the mental set that you don't talk about it and sweet it under the carpet. I guess Anakin is like me and needs to talk himself over it. We talked about it before bed. I am glad that he isn't scared of seizures and takes them matter of factly. There aren't too many 7 year olds who know where their right parietal lobe, central temporal lobe or Sylvian fissure is.

was reading on momabaarjo's thread you're going to be there from 9th we miss you by one day :(

Sorry to hear bout Anakin as well hope he is feeling better now

That's a bummer!

He felt very well, and was starting to get into trouble before bed last night. Hoping he has a great day today!

It's so hard to ignore things like that. Sometimes things are easier said than done.:hug:

Today we celebrate new beginnings. It's the last occupational therapy today. I am told we are fully equipped to do this at home. He has a little Snoopy gift to give to his OT, she loves Snoopy. We will be ordering a bunch of equipment to keep at home and the therapeutic listening tapes.

What a better way to spend our weekend than celebrating new beginnings and meeting new friends!

We are going to the HoB meet Friday and a Dole Whip meet on Sunday.

We are eating at Olivia's for the first time. Also, HoB will be the first time too. The carriage ride with Lisa will also be a first too!

As they said in Meet the Robinson's, "Keep moving forward." Wasn't that a Walt quote?

tumblr_ls96y6aIBy1qlyt2n.gif

So sad it's check out day. We had a wonderful weekend. We were surprised with free wifi at CSR!!!

We had a few DIS meets, very fun! Ate at some new places.

Getting ready to check out and head to DHS to meet up with mommy2mrb and Megan again. We have really enjoyed their company.

Yesterday we had gremlims or shoe stealing elves in our room. It was both frustrating and funny!

Also there was "attack of the killer dog" on the monorail.

And so much magic once again.

Boo on it being check out day. It sounds like you have had a good trip and I can hardly wait to hear all about it.

Boo on it being check out day. It sounds like you have had a good trip and I can hardly wait to hear all about it.

I am home. Laundry is caught up. Suitcases are put away. We are getting back into our routine.

I am working on getting the pics downloaded. Photobucket has been giving me grief, getting error messages, window explorer shutting down, etc.

The end of the weekend pics are up. It's the beginning weekend ones that are posing a problem. Will try to work on them today. I had to charge my battery camera twice yesterday because it lost charge.

I am home. Laundry is caught up. Suitcases are put away. We are getting back into our routine.

I am working on getting the pics downloaded. Photobucket has been giving me grief, getting error messages, window explorer shutting down, etc.

The end of the weekend pics are up. It's the beginning weekend ones that are posing a problem. Will try to work on them today. I had to charge my battery camera twice yesterday because it lost charge.

Welcome back to the real world. :sad2:

I've been having issues with Photobucket for a week...good luck.

Welcome back to the real world. :sad2:

I've been having issues with Photobucket for a week...good luck.

I have Sunday's and Monday's pics downloaded. Now trying to get the beginning of the weekend.

Just might take a while longer than I had anticipated.

It was a wonderful weekend. The highlight was the HoB. Rachel and Pete were amazing. The food was incredible. I am ready to go back and eat there ANY time!!! And for resort food, the prices were very reasonable!!

I always have problems with photobucket. I don't know why I am so loyal to it except sometimes I find that I stick with the devil I know instead of the devil I don't.

I can hardly wait to get my clothes clean when I get home. I hate that living out of a suitcase feeling. My best friend travels a lot for work so she has two wardrobes. I don't know how she does it sometimes.

I am getting there!! I now have Saturday afternoon thru Monday morning's pictures downloaded. Just have to get Fri and Sat morning.

In the meantime, while I was multitasking, I booked a special surprise for Anakin for our December trip. I know he will be excited and love doing it. I'd like to do a surprise for Grumpy too. His birthday will be after our trip, but close enough it can part of a b-day present too. Any ideas? Price range is $50 or less. Maybe a gift card if I don't come up with anything I know he'd love. He was thrilled with the gift card for the F&W Festival!

I am getting there!! I now have Saturday afternoon thru Monday morning's pictures downloaded. Just have to get Fri and Sat morning.

In the meantime, while I was multitasking, I booked a special surprise for Anakin for our December trip. I know he will be excited and love doing it. I'd like to do a surprise for Grumpy too. His birthday will be after our trip, but close enough it can part of a b-day present too. Any ideas? Price range is $50 or less. Maybe a gift card if I don't come up with anything I know he'd love. He was thrilled with the gift card for the F&W Festival!

With Grumpy's age the gift card is probably the easiest. I never know for sure what to get my kids anymore. They reach that age and well.....you know.

With Grumpy's age the gift card is probably the easiest. I never know for sure what to get my kids anymore. They reach that age and well.....you know.

A gift card is safe. Yes, I know!

Pictures are all uploaded to photobucket!!

Need to finish school with Anakin and then the TR begins! Can't believe it was a week ago tomorrow we were checking into CSR. We went to Epcot for a couple hours this morning, but it's just not the same heading home as heading back to the resort.

Lots of reading for Anakin and writing. He worked ahead on math, phonics and language yesterday. Science and social studies are never work to him. He loves it! In a way it was nice not to have to run to therapy today. I think Epcot is always good therapy anyway! It was nice and cool today too. Anakin definately does better in the cooler weather.

Third times the charm!!

This was the first Disney vacation where Goofy actually had vacation every day of our trip, since 1999!!!! We wanted to make a full day of it so the plan was to leave early. My idea of early is totally different than dh’s idea of early. You see, I am a morning person. He is not. For me, morning begins any time after 5am. For him, it’s after 10am. The boys take after him. We arrived at CSR around lunch time.

Goofy doesn’t like to drive to the resorts. I’m not sure what kind of vibe he give off, but he is hassled every time he drives to one. Whether it’s to go eat with our Tables in Wonderland or to check in for a resort stay; he gets the third degree. I’ve never seen anyone grilled about their intentions to visit more than him.

e3773bb8.jpg

We pulled into CSR, and he got his driver’s license ready, rolled down the window…and the security cast member waved him through??!! Didn’t ask him for his ID which he was holding up, didn’t ask him why we were there, just waved us through…was this an omen? Perhaps a Mary Poppin’s moment, of a change in the wind coming?

He pulled up to El Centro so that I could register while they parked.

P1010555.jpg

I got in the online check in line. I was very happy to see two cm working this area of the front desk. That’s double the number that was there in August!

2011-08-29321.jpg

I had a note card to help me remember to ask for a microwave and an extra parking permit since we’d have two cars. I remembered to ask for the microwave, but forgot the parking permit. Also forgot to take the note card out of my pocket.

I had requested first floor in either Ranchos 7B, Cabanas 8A or B, Cabanas9A or B, or Casitas 4 or 5. My mind was so set on the microwave, that I didn’t catch we were in Ranchos 7A. My head was thinking 7B. But apparently I told my dh 7A when I came back out to him.

I was excited to be placed in the Ranchos! This meant that in a years time we had stayed at each village at CSR!! I exclaimed my excitement to the cm checking me in, and it took her by surprise. She was glad I was so happy. I texted KatMark. I was surprised by her asking if I was ok with 7A. It still hadn’t registered that I was in 7A and not 7B.

Goofy and Anakin were still outside with the bellman. He was making balloon animals. Balloons are taboo at our house because of Grumpy’s latex allergy. So this really intrigued Anakin!! We walked back to the car and headed to park at 7A.

Great start, Tink. I do love the lobby of the CSR. :goodvibes

And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for now staying in all three sectionis of the CSR in one year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter