Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

Hey I'm here (the other Michelle from the FB group!)- how on earth did I miss your TR!!!!????? but i am subscribed now! love all the food and wine pics and your Anakin is just such a cutie- love his costume. and wow on the braces after just 6 weeks, that is really a lot of difference in a short time!

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by!! Look forward to meeting you at the Dole Whip meet!

I am hoping to go back to the F&W Monday for a couple hours. In the meantime, I am catching up on laundry and starting to gather things to pack. The PTR is in my siggie, Bouncing on bouncebacks. Also trying to get ahead in homeschooling so that the kids can take a break from school during our stay.

:)
It was interesting how it's only seen from one angle. Did you ever do the Christmas stuff at Busch Gardens? Theirs is very nice too.

Nope we don't usually go to Busch Gardens at all. We went our our very first trip because my daddy drove then and then we went in 08 but that was in March. Don't think we'll have time to go this year either!

Nope we don't usually go to Busch Gardens at all. We went our our very first trip because my daddy drove then and then we went in 08 but that was in March. Don't think we'll have time to go this year either!

It's hard to fit everything in! That's great that you got a chance to go twice! Are you a thrill ride enthusiast? The more I age, the more wimpy I am becoming. I use to live for coasters. Now I have to work up courage to go on one, lol!

Okay...I think I need some of that mood chocolate!

Dumb question...I am sure I know the answer...but are those REAL pineapple plants? We were talking about pineapples the other day at school and no one knew what a real plant looked like...

Okay...I think I need some of that mood chocolate!

Dumb question...I am sure I know the answer...but are those REAL pineapple plants? We were talking about pineapples the other day at school and no one knew what a real plant looked like...

Indeed they are!! You can even grow your own pineapple at home, or school! Just slice straight across the top of the pineapple. Plant that section in sandy soil, and out the top of it a new pineapple will eventually grow! We have tried twice and had success twice doing this with a Dole pineapple from the grocery store.

It's hard to fit everything in! That's great that you got a chance to go twice! Are you a thrill ride enthusiast? The more I age, the more wimpy I am becoming. I use to live for coasters. Now I have to work up courage to go on one, lol!

Is small world a thrill ride? :rotfl: No I hate roller coasters!
Plus I revert back to somewhere between 5 and 12 when I go through those gates so we do the rides in fantasy land and then shows and characters mostly! :goodvibes

Are you on facebook btw? I'll add ya if ya are. Soz was reading posts above was all :)

Glad Anakin's braces are fixed and doing good.

LOVE the Sea World pictures; we've not been since the kids were like 10 and 8...we really need to go back.

Is small world a thrill ride? :rotfl: No I hate roller coasters!
Plus I revert back to somewhere between 5 and 12 when I go through those gates so we do the rides in fantasy land and then shows and characters mostly! :goodvibes

Are you on facebook btw? I'll add ya if ya are. Soz was reading posts above was all :)

I think Disney brings out the kid in the best of us!! I'm not into thrilled ride like I use to be. Anakin doesn't care for fast either. So when we do go to Busch Gardens we enjoy the animals mostly. Their new Tiger area, Jungala is awesome!

Glad Anakin's braces are fixed and doing good.

LOVE the Sea World pictures; we've not been since the kids were like 10 and 8...we really need to go back.

He will continue wearing braces through Christmas. They said about 6 months. We don't go to Sea World often, so when we do it's a real treat! I love their dining program. $29 a person for all you can eat, including select beverages, all day. It's worth it when we are there for 2 meals. That price is discounted for annual passholders. Just on water bottles and drinks alone we came close to the $29/person.

Last Monday we headed to the F&W Festival for a few hours. I can't believe I did not take pics of the food!!!!

We had cheese soup and the maple salmon on barley at Canada. The vinegar in the barley surprised me, but it was very good!!

At France I had escargot and a frozen cosmo. Both were excellent! Anakin ate the bread lids of the escargot.

I didn't get to eat them right away. Anakin was so hungry and Goofy was meeting a friend to go see 38 Special. So we hurried up to the restaurant in America. Goofy got a burger, Anakin got chicken. And I ate my escargot and enjoyed the cosmo.

Anakin noticed a hidden Mickey on the table from the drink. Now I did take a pic of this.

2011-00-06009.jpg

While Goofy was with a friend at the concert, I took Anakin to Mexico and back to America. He also played a game along the way.

2011-00-06020.jpg

On the way out, we stopped at the cranberry display.

2011-00-06024.jpg

I learned that the stomping and moving around of the berries doesn't smash them like grapes, but rather brings them to the surface to harvest them.

2011-00-06026.jpg

2011-00-06028.jpg

Then we got our sample of cranberries

2011-00-06029.jpg

I never realized that blueberries, cranberries and Concord grapes were the only native fruits to north America. Wow. Just more proof that Disney is a learning experience.:goodvibes

I had to sit and look at the picture with the hidden Mickey before I noticed it.

I never realized that blueberries, cranberries and Concord grapes were the only native fruits to north America. Wow. Just more proof that Disney is a learning experience.:goodvibes

I had to sit and look at the picture with the hidden Mickey before I noticed it.

I think the flash gave off a glare, making it harder to see the Mickey.

Glad you learned something. I didn't realize that either til I read it.

Speaking of fruit, we have oranges all over our tree!!! Anakin and I shared one today. It tasted just like Tang. I guess because it hasn't goten cold enough to turn it sweeter. It was good though, just made us pucker a bit from the tartness.

We lost over half of our peaches this year because of late rain, and the grapes because of early rain. I was really sad, I look forward to our fresh fruit.

Where was the cranberry exibit? I didn't see that when we were there. Didn't go this weekend, I probably will next weekend or something. Need to get a skin for my ipad!! :)

We lost over half of our peaches this year because of late rain, and the grapes because of early rain. I was really sad, I look forward to our fresh fruit.

I'm so sorry you lost so much fruit. Do you make wine? My in-laws grow grapes and make their own wine. They also have an apple tree and peach trees. So they make those wines too.

This summer they made smoked trout using an apple wine marinade. It was amazing. Grumpy is allergic to grapes so they used the apple. It was a perfect marinade.

Where was the cranberry exibit? I didn't see that when we were there. Didn't go this weekend, I probably will next weekend or something. Need to get a skin for my ipad!! :)

The cranberry exibit is in front of the fountain as you are walking towards the countries. It's where the Winnie the Pooh topiaries were during the F&G Festival.

Great catch, Anakin!

He has an eye for fine details! And he loves finding hidden mickeys.

There was a cm the one day at the Poly who took him by the hand to all the hidden mickeys in the store and lobby. She got him spotting them everywhere! I need to find the hidden mickey book. I bought it years ago, and we never went looking, but I know Anakin would love to go searching for them!! He's also very good at spotting certain pins he is looking for on lanyards.

Oh no. We just grow Thompson seedless grapes and the peaches for personal consumption. The valley surrounding us is wine country so they recently lost about 80% of their grape crop. That will hit the vineyards in the area pretty hard.

Megan is bringing her Hidden Mickey Book, so they can look for some together!

Great job Anakin on the Hidden Mickey! I bought Ab the book for a stocking stuffer...I am sure I will probably use it more than her...but I thought it would be fun to use while waiting in lines!

Megan is bringing her Hidden Mickey Book, so they can look for some together!

Great!! That will be fun.

Oh no. We just grow Thompson seedless grapes and the peaches for personal consumption. The valley surrounding us is wine country so they recently lost about 80% of their grape crop. That will hit the vineyards in the area pretty hard.

That's sad there was so much lost.

Great job Anakin on the Hidden Mickey! I bought Ab the book for a stocking stuffer...I am sure I will probably use it more than her...but I thought it would be fun to use while waiting in lines!

I'm sure it will be lots of fun!

Anakin had a very bad seizure this morning in his sleep. He is doing ok today and just taking it easy today. We are still heading to Coronado Springs on Friday. But we will be taking it very easy and working hard not to let him overheat or over exhert.

When this happens we always look at the possible triggers and what he was doing before. We went to DHS after eating pizza with friends. He wanted to walk instead of using the chair. (We used the tram and he only went on 2 attractions and took sitting breaks and drink breaks.) I guess it was too humid out for him? Or he may have overdone it walking? Or maybe too much sensory input on Star Tours?

Much to his dismay, we will not be allowing him on Star Tours again for a long time. Nor will we let him sweat. He will however, be riding in style at the parks.

The neurologist said we all need a vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter