Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are wondering about how the alerts work, I cancelled an ADR this morning that I also had an alert set up for. About 15 minutes after I cancelled the ADR, I received an alert via text for the exact time I just cancelled.

So the alerts received are not "hoarder" ressies - they are actual bona fide reservations that ppl like me are cancelling.
This happened to me, too. I was so excited to get an alert until I realized it was for the one I'd just cancelled! Lol!

I emailed them this morning to inquire about cancelling my account and haven't heard anything back yet. Will let you know if/when I do.

I am very happy with their service - was able to book a few reservations through their alerts... but now I'm left wondering about the automatic renewal and the inability to cancel. I'm not liking the fact that my credit card is on file with them with no way of deleting it!

An update - I received an email from Scout this morning:

Kimberly,
Sorry for the delay in responding. Your account has been terminated per your request.
If you need anything else let us know!
Matt

It's good to know that you can just cancel via email. I've saved the email just in case I get another charge in December, but I just tried to sign in and my account is gone so I think I'm good. :)

An update - I received an email from Scout this morning:

Kimberly,
Sorry for the delay in responding. Your account has been terminated per your request.
If you need anything else let us know!
Matt

It's good to know that you can just cancel via email. I've saved the email just in case I get another charge in December, but I just tried to sign in and my account is gone so I think I'm good. :)

I'm glad it worked out for you! :) So confusing though because in the Disney Dining Scout terms it says that email doesn't count as cancellation? They should just put up that cancellation link.

I'm glad it worked out for you! :) So confusing though because in the Disney Dining Scout terms it says that email doesn't count as cancellation? They should just put up that cancellation link.

Give the developers a bit of time. Most developers have changes in the code that need to be tested or are maybe only half complete. They have to add this into a list of things that will go in with a build. Most times for applications my team writes and maintains it can take up to 4-6 weeks to get something like this in.

Give the developers a bit of time. Most developers have changes in the code that need to be tested or are maybe only half complete. They have to add this into a list of things that will go in with a build. Most times for applications my team writes and maintains it can take up to 4-6 weeks to get something like this in.

They should have just said that then instead of saying we'll have it up in the next few days. I think they've been in business since March though?

They should have just said that then instead of saying we'll have it up in the next few days. I think they've been in business since March though?

Remember you are talking to business/support side who say give us a few days. They have no clue what is going on in the development side so take a few days with a grain of salt.

Good to know about emailing to cancel! Thanks.

I'm really liking my Scout so far! I've gotten Kona Cafe at my ideal time early in the morning, and this afternoon snagged BOG for lunch on 10/31. Now the only thing I'm still looking for is Sci-fi. Haven't gotten a single alert on that yet since I started. But I couldn't have done any reservations without the Scout. 3.99 well spent.

As a Disney travel planning site, discussions about Disney's policies and rules are very welcome here. However, discussions of or instructions for ways to circumvent those rules or "cheat the system" are not appropriate and will be deleted.

This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter