Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often does it search? It has been over 12 hours since I signed up. I tried reactivating it to see if that works.

I got a notification this morning, so mine is still working. Why is Buddy going down?
How often does it search? It has been over 12 hours since I signed up. I tried reactivating it to see if that works.
It seems to search every 20 minutes or so. At least, that's what I can tell from the results page. When I activate a new search, it usually searches immediately. If nothing pops up, there might not be an availability within the window you requested.

Does it search if you are only doing the two free ones?
It searches but I don't think it notifies you right away. I think you have to pay to get the immediate notifications. I don't know that I would pay for anything right now though because if the site goes down there's no guarantee you'd get a refund. Buddy and reservation watch have both shut down already. I imagine scout won't be far behind unfortunately.

I just did a test for an ADR that was showing as available on MDE and got an alert. Another one of my searches is now showing as having been checked 5 minutes ago, but the other still says 3 hours.

Someone on Disboards said they emailed and got a reply saying exactly that. Basically "Whoops, we forgot. It will be created in a few days." That was at least last week if not the week before. I can't remember who it was or what post it was under, though.

Yeah it seems like their searches were stopped for a while. Mine is also back to normal now! And I really hope they get that cancel button soon. Some more of us might need to remind them ;).

Yeah it seems like their searches were stopped for a while. Mine is also back to normal now! And I really hope they get that cancel button soon. Some more of us might need to remind them ;).
Count me in for a reminder to them about the cancellation option! I've had good luck with my searches from them but have no interest in the auto renewal.

I emailed them this morning to inquire about cancelling my account and haven't heard anything back yet. Will let you know if/when I do.

I am very happy with their service - was able to book a few reservations through their alerts... but now I'm left wondering about the automatic renewal and the inability to cancel. I'm not liking the fact that my credit card is on file with them with no way of deleting it!

For those that are wondering about how the alerts work, I cancelled an ADR this morning that I also had an alert set up for. About 15 minutes after I cancelled the ADR, I received an alert via text for the exact time I just cancelled.

So the alerts received are not "hoarder" ressies - they are actual bona fide reservations that ppl like me are cancelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter