Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
So I have given Disney Dining Scout a whirl for the past month and wanted to let everyone know about it that is looking for a more seamless way of finding ADRs past their 180+10. It's a website (and Android app that I haven't tried) and there is a free version and a paid version. The difference is the site will e-mail or text you when an ADR becomes available vs. the free version you're looking at the page yourself (and refreshing). What makes it useful is if you're looking at multiple days and multiple restaurants it puts them in list form and will show you the times available.

12361_800.jpg

So far it has helped me get several ADRs and showed me all of the times that became available within a couple of hours of the reservation time I wanted. At one point I had a list of about 8 different dates/restaurants and whenever one became available there would be a smiley face next to it with the time. I just keep the page open and refresh now and then throughout the day.

Hopefully some of you will find this site as useful as I did! https://app.disneydining.io/

I'm using it now, and it says that it found an open time for BOG during my stay, but the Disney Experience does not match up saying there's no opening :( sad.

Is there a trick to the free version? I keep refreshing my browser but that isn't making it check for reservations.

I tried to enter in two different searches. One says no tables available, the other says no searches available yet. Have you seen this issue?

I'm using it now, and it says that it found an open time for BOG during my stay, but the Disney Experience does not match up saying there's no opening :( sad.
Someone must have picked up the adr before you got to it unfortunately. Hopefully something opens up again soon. Thats the thing with these.. you have to be readily available on the app or online to hop on and grab it fast before someone else gets to it first.

I signed up and paid the $5.99 and requested Ohana's 5 different nights to try and get a reservation during our stay. Within 24 hours I had my reservation at 7 pm just when we wanted it. They sent a text and I went right to my Disney app and there it was I am very pleased with Disney Dining Scout!

Mine doesn't seem to be refreshing either and I paid the $3.99. Seems to me it should be refreshing fairly frequently but it's not, even if I refresh the page myself. Have you been having better luck?
hmmm. Mine is on 2 hrs and counting...

I tried it but it was a good hour between refreshes. When you're looking for BOG, that's not really all that helpful. :(

I'm finding that it takes a long time to refresh, too. I guess it's better than only once or twice a day, which is about how often I check the WDW site, but I thought it would be constantly refreshing!

I don't have the app, just going through the website. Is there an option to enter a resort reservation # to get 180 + 10 for ADRs? I've looked but can't seem to find it.

I don't have the app, just going through the website. Is there an option to enter a resort reservation # to get 180 + 10 for ADRs? I've looked but can't seem to find it.
No, I don't think so. It can't alert you of ADRs that aren't available yet and it isn't linked to Disney so the +10 won't even come into play. You'll have to book your own at 180+10. This site is for the ressies you were unable to get when you booked. It only alerts you of availability, it doesn't book them for you.

I signed up, thanks! If I am open to more dates/times for certain restaurants, do you suggest that I use up my searches for those? Or does it narrow down to a time close to my request?

just signed up for this, fingers crossed...
for $3.99, it is worth my time to stop checking the site continually.....

just signed up for this, fingers crossed...
for $3.99, it is worth my time to stop checking the site continually.....

I signed up and I still keep checking. Especially for the popular ones like BOG because those get snatched so quickly. For example I happened to be searching the other day and a dinner time at BOG came up. I immediately grabbed it. I was signed up for dining scout for that time but I don't think it was even available long enough for my scout to notify me because I never got a notification.

I signed up and I still keep checking. Especially for the popular ones like BOG because those get snatched so quickly. For example I happened to be searching the other day and a dinner time at BOG came up. I immediately grabbed it. I was signed up for dining scout for that time but I don't think it was even available long enough for my scout to notify me because I never got a notification.
Good to know. I guess I'll keep checking myself as well!

The paid version refreshes more frequently? The free one is looking every two hours.

Dining Buddy seems so expensive so I'm trying to hold off on it (I really want Ohana for my dad's birthday as he's financing this trip for 8 and it's his only request! Plus, I have my own list) but if the paid version of this works better than the free, I'll give it a whirl.

As far as Dining Buddy a couple of people on one of my Disney Facebook groups (not sure which one right now) have said they have both Scout and Buddy and that they got notifications from Scout but never from Buddy. They had a screenshot and Buddy refunded their money but for $8 a reservation they should have their stuff together. Also, one of the two who had this happened to them said they also had Sniper (I think that is what the WDW tools one is called) and they got their Scout notifications a few minutes faster than their Sniper notifications. I really wish I would have known all of this before I signed up for both because I would have only signed up for Scout.

I guess that word isn't okay to use on here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter