Disney Dining at it's Finest - New Pics of Donald's Breakfast - post #3.

Anne, thank you so much for the stats on the camera. Casio was one of the brands I had originally been looking at along with the Nikon Coolpix. I wonder if the designer of the camera is a WDW fan what with the food setting and all ;)
Keep the reviews coming!

Debbie

Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and your reviews. I really enjoyed reading and looking at them :-)

Is that piece of french toast loaf 1 slice or 2? I had it last year and it was no where as big as the one in your pic's.

This was only one piece of french toast loaf. I've never had it before so I had nothing to compare it to, but it was HUGE!!! And delicious! ;)

Day 6 – July 22, 2006

Breakfast
We had breakfast at Roaring Fork today. I had the breakfast plate, which was scrambled eggs, potatos, bacon and a biscuit. It was fine – I don’t really think you can mess up breakfast.
CIMG0504.jpg

Chase had the childrens eggs and pancakes.

Everyone else had bagels that we had in the room.

Snack
Scott had taken Chase to the Contemporary to play in the arcade there and was hungry by the time we got to the MK for the parade at 3pm. The only problem was that dinner was at 5:25pm. But he still got a snack. A hot dog from Casey’s. He reported it to be quite good.
CIMG0531.jpg

He also got some corn dog nuggets for the kids. I had two nuggets and they were very delicious!
CIMG0532.jpg

Dinner
Tonight’s dinner was a special request made by Dude. He just loves the food at Crystal Palace. And since he was feeling like himself again, he was ready to enjoy the buffet 100%!

I had the peel and eat shrimp and a salad to start. The shrimp here are very flavorful. I think they must use Old Bay seasoning when steaming them. They are quite good!
CIMG0542.jpg

I got Erika situated with chicken tenders, mac and cheese and green beans. I think she finished it all tonight!
CIMG0544.jpg

I really love the pasta dish here with the chicken and mushrooms. I also had some corn bread and mashed potatos along with some broccoli.
CIMG0551.jpg

I went back to try the jasmine rice with cinnamon and lemon, which was very good. I also tried the prime rib which was too rare for my liking and the salmon. I also had the slow roasted pork which I really enjoyed.
CIMG0558.jpg

I remembered to sample dessert tonight. The coconut flan was awesome! I also tried the carrot cake, it was ok. The red velvet cheesecake was ok. And the brownie was boring.
CIMG0569.jpg

Chase tried the chocolate peanut butter cake.
CIMG0570.jpg

Then there was another birthday cake coming. This one was for Chase. And I had it custom made by the MK bakery.
Here it is!
CIMG0574.jpg

Yes, it has an image of the Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion!!! Chase loves the HM (but hasn't been on it since he was two). But he loves the idea of it. I think he's close to riding it again.

THe cake was excellent. Scott thought it even surpassed the cake from the GF bakery. I say no way on that one, but BOTH cakes were VERY VERY good. I am so glad I now have a ton of it in my freezer!

Of course we will be back to the CP next year. Dude can't pass up his favorite place!!!

Concluding reviews to come - ABC Commissary, Tangierine Cafe and Columbia Harbour House.

scanne said:
Day 5 – July 21, 2006

Why didn’t I pay attention to the desserts? I was too excited for the big surprise of the evening. A birthday cake fit for a princess!!!
CIMG0497.jpg

A 10” white cake filled with white chocolate mousse and a cake topper that was a work of art.

How did you get that cake? We ate there last fall and saw a birthday group, but they did not have such a beautiful cake. PM me if you want sicne this is such a specific ?.

I want to order it for my SIL when she is there for her birthday this November.

The cost of the cakes are as follows.

The Cinderella Cake was a 10" cake. That part was $40.00. The topper is all white chocolate and that part was $30.00. The GF bakery also had 6" and 8" cakes available. I don't remember the cost for those.

The cake from the MK bakery was an 8" cake. The cake was $25.00 and the edible image was an additional $8.00 bringing that cake to $33.00.

Let's just say we had SO much cake last week that I told DH NOT to get me a birthday cake for my b-day on August 2nd. I've had my fill for quite a while! But it was well worth it!!!

Day 7 – July 23, 2006

Breakfast
We had cereal and bagels in the room today.

Lunch
As much as I dislike ABC Commissary, we were right by it when everyone got hungry for lunch and it just made sense with our plans at MGM for the day.

Dude and I had a cheeseburgers,
CIMG0652.jpg

Chase had the kids chicken nuggets, Scott had the noodle and veggie stir-fry
CIMG0653.jpg

and I don’t know if my mom had anything except a cup of coffee and a pudding and fruit trifle. Erika had fallen asleep so we gave her some lunch later on.

The burgers were fine. Nothing to write home about but nothing terrible. Scott did not like the noodle and veggie stir fry. He said the veggies tasted like they were frozen.

Like I said, this is NOT a favorite of mine, but it served its purpose on this day.

Dinner
We hopped to Epcot late in the afternoon and found ourselves in World Showcase around dinner time. We decided on Tangierine Café. Scott and I had the lamb and chicken schwarma platter with moroccan bread, hummus, couscous and some other type of salad.
My dad had the lamb wrap with couscous.
CIMG0681.jpg

Both dishes were excellent. We love Moroccon/Mediterranean food and we had been craving something like this all week.
CIMG0682.jpg

We also had some baklavah for dessert!
CIMG0683.jpg

My mom got a kids cheeseburger – she’s not into the exotic foods too much.

Oh, on our way to WS, my mom and I shared a Grand Marnier slushie from France. Oh my! This drink was amazing. I hope they have them when we go back in the Fall.

Day 8 – July 24, 2006

Breakfast
Bagels and cereal in the room as we packed.

Lunch
Columbia Harbour House

I had the chicken strips and Chase shared with me.
CIMG0717.jpg

Erika had the kids mac and cheese.
CIMG0720.jpg

Scott had the lighthouse sandwich – hummus and veggies on whole grain bread.

Dude had the Galley Salad.
CIMG0719.jpg

Gmom had the kids tuna sandwich.
CIMG0718.jpg

This was our first time at CHH and we all really enjoyed the food. It seemed crazy busy in there, even in the upstairs seating area. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back. This is another good counter service option in the MK.

Overall, our dining experiences this trip were very good. Nothing was an exceptional stand out (like last year we ate at Victoria and Albert’s and I am still talking about that meal!). We tried a few places we had never been to, as well as some old favorites, and really enjoyed ourselves.

When Scott, the kids and I go in the Fall, I will be sure to do another dining report. They’re fun for me and I hope you all have found it informative and helpful. Now I get to start the Trip Report! Look for that soon on the TR board!!!

Thanks to all for reading the reviews!!!

Anne

OMG... a Grand Marnier slushie!!! I HAVE to find one of those next month when we go. Where in France did you get it?? Wonderful report...I am so hungry looking at all your photos :goodvibes

Excellent reviews!! Very informative, especially with the pictures. Has me excited for our upcoming trip! It is our first time with the DDP. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

OMG... a Grand Marnier slushie!!! I HAVE to find one of those next month when we go. Where in France did you get it?? Wonderful report...I am so hungry looking at all your photos

As you walk into the France pavillion there is a kisok on the right hand side (if you're coming from the UK pavillion). This is where they had the slushie. They also had a green apple one with some kind of apple liquer in it. I got such a brain freeze drinking this b/c if my kids had seen it, they would have wanted some! So my mom and I walked behind Scott and the kids while we chugged the slushie. Totally worth the brain freeze, though!!! ;)

Thanks so much for the great reviews. The pix really add a lot. Looking forward to your trip report.

Oh, man, that slushie sounds good. I find it hard to drink alcohol when it is so hot, though. Was it strong or just a little grand mar.? I would like to order one, but I don't know.

It was a bit on the strong side, but it was really refreshing. And they served it in a plastic martini glass. Very classy. I hope they have them in September!

Thanks! We'll be there with 4 teens (underage) who will want a "sip" so I guess we'll sned them off to Mission Space or somewhere while we try those out!

Thanks for the great reviews and pictures. Your kids are beautiful. How were you able to get the leftover cakes home from Florida?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter