• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining at it's Finest - New Pics of Donald's Breakfast - post #3.

Thanks for the great reviews. I'm really enjoying them. sorry to hear about your dad's food poisoning thogh. That's tough on vacation.
fredw
:woohoo:

Scanne, I am enjoying your reviews! Great commentary with great pictures!
Sorry about your Dad becoming so sick. That's rough when you're on vacation.
May I ask what kind of camera you are using? I'm getting myself a digital camera soon (birthday present to myself, I have an August birthday too) and I'm still undecided on which one to get.
Oh, and your kids are adorable! :)

Debbie

Wow, I haven't been able to read the boards too much recently BUT was so thrilled to find your reviews - thank you so much, especially for the awesome photos!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

August 2nd is my birthday, too!! Not the same year (I checked) but not too far away! Cool!

Thanks for the pictures of Kona. The food looks great! We went there a few years ago and were disappointed. We have one more ADR to make for our next trip and we might end up there ...

I am so glad so many of you are enjoying the reviews and pictures!!! It is always helpful to me when I read reviews of restaurants (and I love when people add their pics - it makes the review so personal!)

I used a casio exilim camera (I think that's the name of it). My DH bought it for me for my bday. I'll find the name and its correct spelling and the model number for you and post it in a bit.

scanne said:
I used a casio exilim camera (I think that's the name of it). My DH bought it for me for my bday. I'll find the name and its correct spelling and the model number for you and post it in a bit.

Oooooh I got the Exilim EZ-Z60 a few days ago and it's the best camera EVER!

There's actually a "Food" setting on it :lmao:

Oooooh I got the Exilim EZ-Z60 a few days ago and it's the best camera EVER!

I bet that is the same one I have - I used the "food" setting for all the pictures in this thread!!!

I do hope you are going to do a trip report!!!! I have so enjoyed your reviews with all the wonderful pictures. We will be staying at the Poly in just 12 days and we will be celebrating DH 40th birthday. I have many surprises in store but may have to add a cake at Kona during the week. :thumbsup2

Silly Girl,

I will be doing a trip report, but that is going to take me longer than the dining report, so I'm going to get the dining report finished then begin my trip report. Have fun at the Polynesian. That is one of my favorite resorts! We're staying there next summer!!!

Anne

Day 5 – July 21, 2006

Breakfast
Today we had breakfast at my FAVORITE spot in WDW! The Main Street Bakery. We ordered 2 blueberry muffins, a crumb cake, a chocolate chip cookie and a french toast loaf.
CIMG0382.jpg

We also got grapes and I got a frozen latte. I had made a deal with myself back in March NOT to eat a single blueberry muffin until I was eating breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. So let me tell you – from the first bite of that muffin to the last crumb, I was in HEAVEN! And I just love that frozen latte. The french toast loaf was very good – we all shared that. I tasted Gmom’s crumb cake. It was ok, but my grandmother’s crumb cake beats it hands down. Chase loved his chocolate chip cookie
CIMG0388.jpg

and Erika feasted on the grapes and the french toast loaf. I highly recommend a stop at the MSB. It is well worth it!!!
CIMG0384.jpg

Dinner
Tonight’s dinner was super special. We were celebrating Erika’s 2nd birthday at 1900 Park Fare.
CIMG0469.jpg

Originally, I had booked just me, Scott and the kids for 1900 and booked my parents at Citrico’s as a thank-you for helping make this trip possible. I had given them a $100 gift card to use at dinner as well. But, my dad asked if I would mind if they cancelled due to his not feeling well, and of course I was ok with that. I invited them to join us at 1900 even though our ADR was for a party of 4. I said we should just go and see if they can accommodate us all – AND………they did! It was no problem at all, which totally made the evening more special to me.

This turned out to be Scott’s favorite meal of the trip, which really surprised me. We’ve dined here before and he always thought it was ok. But this time he loved it and asked me to book it for our Fall getaway for MNSSHP. J

I started off getting Erika her food – pizza, plain pasta, broccoli, carrots and mac and cheese. She ate it all. Chase loved getting his own things from the kids buffet.
CIMG0478.jpg

I had to have the strawberry soup, which was so yummy!
CIMG0485.jpg

I also had a salad and a roll.
CIMG0484.jpg

I tried to sample a bit of everything. The mushroom ravioli were excellent and I also really liked the pork loin and curry chicken. The prime rib was also very good and the shrimp and asparagus alfredo was awesome! Scott tried the mediterranean pasta and really liked that as well.
CIMG0486.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

Chase liked making his own sundae, and I did look at the dessert bar, but didn’t get anything. But they had cookies, brownies, cheesecake, and some other yummy looking things I really can’t remember. SORRY! I will be sure to try the desserts in September!

Why didn’t I pay attention to the desserts? I was too excited for the big surprise of the evening. A birthday cake fit for a princess!!!
CIMG0497.jpg

A 10” white cake filled with white chocolate mousse and a cake topper that was a work of art.

We did have a ton of leftover cake! I gave a huge slice to a couple of little girls at the table next to us. They had been playing with Erika throughout the meal and they loved it when the cake was brought out. They were able to wrap it up and take it back to their resort.

Overall, 1900 Park Fare is a great dining experience. The food is top notch and the characters are lovely. The kids met Suzy and Perla, the Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and of course, Cinderella. This was a great meal and I highly recommend it!!!
CIMG0476.jpg

CIMG0473.jpg

CIMG0470.jpg

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0493.jpg

There is more to come! Crystal Palace, ABC Commissary, Tangierine Cafe and Columbia Harbour House.

What fun pictures! Your children look like they had a great time! Love those curly locks of hair!

Thanks for the reviews! :thumbsup2

Thanks for these reports - thry are sooooo good! What gorgeous happy children you have there.

Again, great photos. I so wanna go eat at the MSB now but I just don't know how I'm going to fit it in :confused3 :rotfl:

Your children are beautiful. I love your daughter's curls - she's adorable!

Thanks for all the kind replies!

DeborahB,

The camera I used is a casio Exilim EX-Z750. It's pretty small but has a nice size LCD and it's pretty easy to use. There are lots of settings like a sunset, twilight, children, food, back lit, etc. I used these setting a lot and got some really nice shots.

I should be able to finish my dining review today and get started on the trip report.

Thanks for reading, everyone!!!

Anne

SCANNE,
Is that piece of french toast loaf 1 slice or 2? I had it last year and it was no where as big as the one in your pic's.
Thanks for the pic's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter