Disney Dining at it's Finest - New Pics of Donald's Breakfast - post #3.

Thanks for the great reviews and pictures. Your kids are beautiful. How were you able to get the leftover cakes home from Florida?

We bought a roll of aluminum foil in the Mercantile at WL. I got some plates Roaring Fork. We cut the cakes into smaller chunks and wrapped them in the foil and placed them in the fridges in our rooms (my parents were in room 4006 and we were in 4004 at the WL). On our check out day, I placed the cakes in WDW bags and double checked the wrapping job. They placed this in the refrigerator for us until we were ready to leave. Since it was air conditioned on DME, at the airport and on the plane, the cake was fine and only got minimally squished. I also managed to get the Cinderella white chocolate cake topper home with only losing Cindy's head. :lmao: The kids and I snacked on it yesterday, but it started getting funky so we said our good byes to it. The cake is on the menu in about 5 minutes as our bedtime snack. Most of the cake is frozen for when I need a Disney food fix! But there's a little left in the fridge for us to enjoy tonight.

scanne said:
We bought a roll of aluminum foil in the Mercantile at WL. I got some plates Roaring Fork. We cut the cakes into smaller chunks and wrapped them in the foil and placed them in the fridges in our rooms (my parents were in room 4006 and we were in 4004 at the WL). On our check out day, I placed the cakes in WDW bags and double checked the wrapping job. They placed this in the refrigerator for us until we were ready to leave. Since it was air conditioned on DME, at the airport and on the plane, the cake was fine and only got minimally squished. I also managed to get the Cinderella white chocolate cake topper home with only losing Cindy's head. :lmao: The kids and I snacked on it yesterday, but it started getting funky so we said our good byes to it. The cake is on the menu in about 5 minutes as our bedtime snack. Most of the cake is frozen for when I need a Disney food fix! But there's a little left in the fridge for us to enjoy tonight.

If I were you, I would've ended up eating the cake while waiting at the airport. I guess now, I can tell DH that we can order all different kinds of cakes at WDW, because we can bring them home ;) .

LoveMyBoys said:
If I were you, I would've ended up eating the cake while waiting at the airport. I guess now, I can tell DH that we can order all different kinds of cakes at WDW, because we can bring them home ;) .

We drive, so my prediction is that the cake would only last until the Virginia state border... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

scanne said:
I got such a brain freeze drinking this b/c if my kids had seen it, they would have wanted some! So my mom and I walked behind Scott and the kids while we chugged the slushie. Totally worth the brain freeze, though!!! ;)
Brain freeze treatments:
1) The Ronda method: Moan in pain until pain goes away; drink more; repeat
2) Successful method: Press your tongue up against the roof of your mouth until pain disappears. This evens out the temps, aka it really works.

thanks for your reviews! They were excellent and it seems your family had a fantastic trip.

thanks for the wonderful reviews-- did you do a trip report? I would love to see it! We really enjoyed the Plaza too, by the way!

thanks again-jen

Thank you so much for your reviews! We're eating at Park Faire before our MNSSHP in Oct and can't wait! Love all the pictures, especially the ones with your adorable kids! :thumbsup2

thanks for the wonderful reviews-- did you do a trip report? I would love to see it! We really enjoyed the Plaza too, by the way!

I have started my trip report in Word, but have not had the time to upload my pictures. I will work on it this week and get at least days 1 and 2 posted on the TR board!!!

Thanks for all the warm replies about this thread. I'm glad a lot of you found it helpful and enjoyable!!!

scanne said:
Day 5 – July 21, 2006

Breakfast
Today we had breakfast at my FAVORITE spot in WDW! The Main Street Bakery. We ordered 2 blueberry muffins, a crumb cake, a chocolate chip cookie and a french toast loaf.
CIMG0382.jpg

We also got grapes and I got a frozen latte. I had made a deal with myself back in March NOT to eat a single blueberry muffin until I was eating breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. So let me tell you – from the first bite of that muffin to the last crumb, I was in HEAVEN! And I just love that frozen latte. The french toast loaf was very good – we all shared that. I tasted Gmom’s crumb cake. It was ok, but my grandmother’s crumb cake beats it hands down. Chase loved his chocolate chip cookie
CIMG0388.jpg

and Erika feasted on the grapes and the french toast loaf. I highly recommend a stop at the MSB. It is well worth it!!!
CIMG0384.jpg

Dinner
Tonight’s dinner was super special. We were celebrating Erika’s 2nd birthday at 1900 Park Fare.
CIMG0469.jpg

Originally, I had booked just me, Scott and the kids for 1900 and booked my parents at Citrico’s as a thank-you for helping make this trip possible. I had given them a $100 gift card to use at dinner as well. But, my dad asked if I would mind if they cancelled due to his not feeling well, and of course I was ok with that. I invited them to join us at 1900 even though our ADR was for a party of 4. I said we should just go and see if they can accommodate us all – AND………they did! It was no problem at all, which totally made the evening more special to me.

This turned out to be Scott’s favorite meal of the trip, which really surprised me. We’ve dined here before and he always thought it was ok. But this time he loved it and asked me to book it for our Fall getaway for MNSSHP. J

I started off getting Erika her food – pizza, plain pasta, broccoli, carrots and mac and cheese. She ate it all. Chase loved getting his own things from the kids buffet.
CIMG0478.jpg

I had to have the strawberry soup, which was so yummy!
CIMG0485.jpg

I also had a salad and a roll.
CIMG0484.jpg

I tried to sample a bit of everything. The mushroom ravioli were excellent and I also really liked the pork loin and curry chicken. The prime rib was also very good and the shrimp and asparagus alfredo was awesome! Scott tried the mediterranean pasta and really liked that as well.
CIMG0486.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

Chase liked making his own sundae, and I did look at the dessert bar, but didn’t get anything. But they had cookies, brownies, cheesecake, and some other yummy looking things I really can’t remember. SORRY! I will be sure to try the desserts in September!

Why didn’t I pay attention to the desserts? I was too excited for the big surprise of the evening. A birthday cake fit for a princess!!!
CIMG0497.jpg

A 10” white cake filled with white chocolate mousse and a cake topper that was a work of art.

We did have a ton of leftover cake! I gave a huge slice to a couple of little girls at the table next to us. They had been playing with Erika throughout the meal and they loved it when the cake was brought out. They were able to wrap it up and take it back to their resort.

Overall, 1900 Park Fare is a great dining experience. The food is top notch and the characters are lovely. The kids met Suzy and Perla, the Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and of course, Cinderella. This was a great meal and I highly recommend it!!!
CIMG0476.jpg

CIMG0473.jpg

CIMG0470.jpg

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0493.jpg

There is more to come! Crystal Palace, ABC Commissary, Tangierine Cafe and Columbia Harbour House.
:Pinkbounc how much did the birthday cake cost and where did you order it from princess:

The cake was a total of $70 - but I have DDE so it was 20% less than that - $56.00. The cake was $40 and the topper was $30.00. I ordered it from the GF bakery. 407 824-2578.

You can get a 6" cake or an 8" cake - I don't think the topper will fit on top, but I have seen pictures of the smaller cake with the topper on the side of it. I asked for the white chocolate Cinderella crown and slipper cake topper when I ordered.

Hope this helps.

awesome outstanding fabulous report... thank you so much for sharing your dining experiences, your vacation and your beautiful family...

you've confirmed my decision to go w/1900PF! thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter