Disney College Program Alumni Association

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by Monykalyn, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Disney CP Old School Alumni is FB group-it is more an unofficial group (We belong to the official group as well) for those of us who remember days before widespread internet --and not trying to get another internship:)

ETA-yes-comment on the main post in the Alumni group (official one) with your program dates and request to join Disney CP Old School

2. wdwislife

wdwislife DIS Veteran

I'm in the Alumni Association group! It can get kind of crazy in there though haha.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Lyricallie

Lyricallie Mouseketeer

This is cool! I was an ICP member do I still count :p

Monykalyn likes this.
  5. SierraRose

SierraRose Earning My Ears

Fall 2013! I sometimes go on the Facebook page just to check to see what's up, but I agree with another poster sometimes it can get...messy haha

6. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Yeah you young'uns gotta remember that some of us did the CP prior to internet, cell phones widely used etc. We didn't meet our roommates until we checked into Vista Way:) For those that more recently completed the program-do they still have that castmember number to call that told you what rides/attractions needed volunteers? I rode Space mountain for hours one day while the imagineers were testing a new braking system:bitelip:

EeyoreJMH likes this.
  7. LauraSR

LauraSR Earning My Ears

I'm a summer of '91 alumni, too, fast food in EPCOT (Odyssey restaurant and Outdoor Foods). Where were you?

Monykalyn likes this.
  8. MsLindsey2

MsLindsey2 Fall '06 CP Alum

I'm part of the FB group. Fall 2006 Entertainment alum. I'm surprised there aren't more of us part of the group - though, it is a new thing and really only a word of mouth thing. The group is entertaining and even helpful at times.

9. Alicenwonderment

Alicenwonderment Mouseketeer

I'm part of the FB group too! Spring 97 Fantasyland Merch

10. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Anyone going to the DCP reunion in January? Trying to convince DH to at least let me go (although he is an alumni as well). We may have a work convention around that time as well...

11. LauraSR

LauraSR Earning My Ears

My guess is it's because most CP alums don't have any idea the association or the FB group exists. I only found out about it from this thread! When I searched the Disney career site for something related, the only result I got was that something was coming, never the registration form. Those of us who were there before FB, before e-mail, and even before the internet (GASP!) wouldn't have really known about this, and there are a LOT of us in that category.

MsLindsey2 and Monykalyn like this.
  12. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Yes you should count!:thumbsup2

13. karenklo

karenklo DIS Veteran

Epcot-American Pavilion! 3502 at Vista Way!

14. mom133d

mom133d Earning My Ears

I'm a member! And in the FB group as well as the old-school group. I'm Fall '93 - Epcot - Wonders of Life

I am headed to Homecoming in January. Just me since its a weekend and we can't afford for the whole family to go.

Monykalyn likes this.
  15. Tinkmom96

Tinkmom96 Earning My Ears

We are going to Homecoming in January! Can't wait to see everyone!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  16. DoUWannaBuildASnowman

DoUWannaBuildASnowman Earning My Ears

What does it cost to join? My program was in 2013.

17. Tinkmom96

It doesn't cost anything. You can register at www.dcpalumni.com. You have to be an alumni from the U.S. and successfully completed the DCP and in good standing. :) they will send you a t-shirt and other membership goodies once you register!

Monykalyn likes this.
  18. DoUWannaBuildASnowman

DoUWannaBuildASnowman Earning My Ears

Awesome! Thank you! I just signed up!

19. Tinkmom96

There is a special Homecoming event in January at WDW for Alumni. Once you are accepted you can register for the event if you are interested. Follow #CPAlumni for more information. Hosted at the Contemporary Resort. Going to be amazing!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  20. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

I don't think we are going to this reunion-hoping they will be at different times of year and at least once (if not twice) a year-although I know it has got to be a lot of work to pull something like the reunion together!

21. kerri surdi

kerri surdi Earning My Ears

I'm not sure if anyone will have an answer here but I am SO beyond desperate for help! I completed my program two years ago and have applied for the alumni association so many times. I have NEVER received an email back about anything! I have emailed them twice with no response. I even messaged the admins on the Facebook page for help and have received nothing. It's so upsetting and it's so hard trying to contact anyone. If any of you have any helpful tips or have had the same problem I would seriously appreciate anything!!!! Thank You!!!