Disney Character Warehouse in Sunrise??

dtk07

Mouseketeer
How does the Disney Character Warehouse in Sunrise compare to the Orlando locations? We are doing a Disney Cruise that disembarks from Miami. We have done the Vineland location once after a Port Canaveral cruise and liked it but it was busy and hard to find parking.

As an outlet I understand merch might be different I just don't want to waste time on a lesser experience in Sunrise since the Vineland location would be on our way to Disney World. My thought was if it was comparable in merchandise and easier get in and out we might just do the Sunrise location instead of Vineland.

Any thoughts??

I have never been to this location myself but I have looked up the yelp reviews of this store and from the looks of the pictures it does in fact look like they carry a lot of the similar merchandise found in the Orlando locations.

After posting this I read some reviews of the mall in Sunrise being rather busy but that applies to the Vineland location too so I still don't know which one is the better location

The warehouses in Orlando can get shipments of new products every day. The Sunrise location get shipments on Thursdays only. I recommend going as soon as you can after the shipment. Sawgrass Mills— the mall— can get crowded, like any mall, especially this time of year. You can find parking regardless. Try parking by Marshall’s as the Character Warehouse is at that end of the mall— there’s usually spaces available there. It’s a fun place to shop, and there are deals to be found. I can’t tell you how many times someone has complimented my purse or tee shirt, and I’ve responded with, “Thanks! I got it at the outlet in Sawgrass Mills.” If you’re in the area, check it out, but don’t make the three hour drive expecting something more amazing that you can find in Orlando.

The warehouses in Orlando can get shipments of new products every day. The Sunrise location get shipments on Thursdays only. I recommend going as soon as you can after the shipment. Sawgrass Mills— the mall— can get crowded, like any mall, especially this time of year. You can find parking regardless. Try parking by Marshall’s as the Character Warehouse is at that end of the mall— there’s usually spaces available there. It’s a fun place to shop, and there are deals to be found. I can’t tell you how many times someone has complimented my purse or tee shirt, and I’ve responded with, “Thanks! I got it at the outlet in Sawgrass Mills.” If you’re in the area, check it out, but don’t make the three hour drive expecting something more amazing that you can find in Orlando.

Good to know. We would be looking at a Wednesday so maybe it might be better to keep driving north and go to the Vineland location

If you’re in the area, check it out, but don’t make the three hour drive expecting something more amazing that you can find in Orlando.

This is pretty good advice. If your sole purpose is visiting a Disney outlet, a detour to Sawgrass Mills probably isn't worth the trip.

But, if you're planning on also shopping at other stores, it might be worth stopping. Sawgrass Mills is a massive complex. Wikipedia says there is about 2.3 million square feet (221,000 square meters) of retail space. For comparison, the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets (where the Disney Character Warehouse is located) is roughly 440,000 square feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter