Disney Castle Collection - Launched April 2020 - Still Not Complete

Beauty and the Beast--we actually have an ongoing thread on this on the Collector's section of the site too. I'm guessing we won't see that until the end of March, just like last year's release schedule.

The display case was $80 new. Those ebay listings... it's a thought. Edited: I see what you mean... some have sold recently at high prices. Hmm... these display cases are rather huge 14x18, heavy and glass. Costly to ship, difficult to package and prone to breakage. Still, it's an option. Thank you for suggesting.

Taking the advice of mom2rtk, I just went ahead and sent a complaint email to shopDisney guest services basically saying that I'd been suckered into purchasing a limited edition series of 10 that is still incomplete after a year and a half. I requested a refund. (I used much nicer language, obviously). We'll see if I get any response at all.

P.S. I bought 2 of the display cases and 2 each of the 8 pins that were released. Intended as gifts for my daughters. Of course, I never expected I'd be gifting in 2022 or later! LOL
If you ever think about selling one of your display cases, I’m looking for one.

It’s sucks, but you didn’t pre-buy these items so they aren’t holding your money from you or anything horrendous. It’s likely half of these items are still stuck in the Suez Canal lol.
Honestly, owning the collection that was never fully released due to covid is a novelty in itself which makes the value of the items you do have go waaay up which is pretty cool imo!

They clearly meant to have this ready during the holiday season originally lol. It’s the winter castle look. It’s gorgeous, though! I’m so excited to get this collection over with.

One of you folks with all of them needs to post a pic when you have them all together - I'm sure they will look great!

Ha they actually don't look great together. I don't think anyone on the design team actually lined them all up to see if they went together at all or not. Because they do not!

Ha they actually don't look great together. I don't think anyone on the design team actually lined them all up to see if they went together at all or not. Because they do not!

Well, I was expecting a full diorama with rolling, verdant hills, streams, bridges and forests, each castle nestled in it's own corner with appropriate landscaping features. 😉

Haha I like them together except the Mulan one drives me insane. They clearly wanted to make money from the movie tie-in, but I hate that it’s not a castle-y castle. The figure itself is beautiful, I just don’t like it as part of the collection. Have y’all seen that they have a 50th castle and a Darth Vader castle (???) at the parks now in the same size and style? I actually like the 50th one, so I might get it and swap it with Mulan to make them more even and then display the Mulan one on its own lol.

I’ve been waiting to put my pins in the frame, though, so I’m really excited to see the final result!

It felt so good placing that order this morning. I can’t wait until it arrives!!
I'll feel better when it's actually in my hands. I got a confirmation email but then I got an email showing that my other two items shipped with no mention of the castle. Ever since I had a confirmed order for a limited edition magicband and then got an email two weeks later that said they couldn't fill the order due to high demand, I'm wary.

That too. I placed my order right at 3 this morning and don’t have any shipping notifications yet, so you’re further along than I am! But yeah, I also don’t trust shopDisney orders until they’re in hand. In addition to a million other problems I’ve had with them, the worst was when the 50th pre-celebration collection came out, and I ordered the lithograph, spirit jersey, pin, and t-shirt. I got a shipping notification, and two weeks later it was still on UPS awaiting package. Disney finally admitted they never got my box to UPS and had no clue where it was. I was able to get the spirit jersey next time I was down there, but I had to grab the pin and t-shirt from a reseller (which I HATE doing, but it was for my fiancé and he had been so excited when I told him I ordered one for him), and the lithograph was super limited and already sold out on the resell market, so I was never able to get my hands on one. I was LIVID. So yeah, I’ll reserve full excitement until these arrive. But if it’s just the castle, I wouldn’t be too worried since it probably ships separately and those haven’t been selling out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter