Disney Castle Collection - Launched April 2020 - Still Not Complete

sdk1231

DIS Veteran
The Castle Collection - Limited Edition series of 10, launched April 2020 and is STILL. NOT. COMPLETE. A series of TEN. This series includes pins, journals, puzzles, ornaments and figurines. The last release was in June 2021. I decided to collect the pins, and purchased the display case. This case has areas designated for each of the 10 pins. I would never have purchased it if I'd realized that it was going to take upwards of TWO YEARS to fill. Not to mention a good bit of mad scrambling with MerchPass and shopDisney. I feel like a huge sucker.

Some people might cite product delays due to covid, and yet, there's been no problem releasing Minnie Mouse Main Attraction or Stitch Crashes Disney series collections, in the past 2 years. Likewise, there's been no problem releasing massive amounts of Marvel or 50th merch. I'm very glad I'm collecting the pins only. I feel bad for those people who've collected the more pricey ornaments and figurines. Sorry for the rant. Just had to vent.

Last edited:
You should email guest relations. I’d be unhappy too if I had bought the display piece and then it dragged out like this.

You should email guest relations. I’d be unhappy too if I had bought the display piece and then it dragged out like this.
I've thought about it, and probably should. My experience with shopDisney customer service has patchy at best.

I picture some poor Customer Service employee on the other end attempting to craft a response: "We're very sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations and apologize for the delay..."
1. but Dis has had some bigger fish to fry, what with the 50th.
2. the Castle Collection is old hat. Try collecting Marvel.

Maybe I should ask for a store credit in the amount of $320 (the cost of the display case + the 8 pins).

I've thought about it, and probably should. My experience with shopDisney customer service has patchy at best.

I picture some poor Customer Service employee on the other end attempting to craft a response: "We're very sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations and apologize for the delay..."
1. but Dis has had some bigger fish to fry, what with the 50th.
2. the Castle Collection is old hat. Try collecting Marvel.

Maybe I should ask for a store credit in the amount of $320 (the cost of the display case + the 8 pins).
You definitely have "Disney speak" down pat. And that might be exactly what you get. But give them a chance. I think if they don't finish, they owe you the price of at least the display case back.

I've also been collecting the castle pins because I wanted to frame the set and give them to my daughter to hang in her room - at this point I'm about to just frame the ones we have a call it a day. I've never even seen Brave so I don't care about that one, but it would be nice to have Beauty and the Beast (but who knows how long that will take??!!). I agree it would be nice to even just have an update on when the last two are coming.

I know last year they gave people refunds for the display case when they first started merchpass and so it was no longer guaranteed to get all the pins. I don’t know if they’re still doing that. In the past when I’ve had major issues with shopDisney (like when I placed a huge order before Christmas and got a shipping notification that it all shipped at once, and when the box arrived it only had 4 out of 11(!!!) items, most of the which were sold out), at most they’ve given me a free shipping code and one time $20 price adjustment. Usually the coupon doesn’t even cover the harm. So…good luck. 😞

I also do this collection btw. I don’t mind waiting overall to complete it although the long delay this last time is really weird. What I don’t like is the short timing of the announcement, so they usually say the next one is coming only a couple days in advance. I seriously check the page once a week hoping not to miss it. I’m worried about not finding out about a release until after the eBay pirates have scooped everything up.

Not sure what the display case cost new, but some have sold in recent days for $179 and $200 on Ebay. If you've given up hope, maybe sell it quick before everyone else gives up.

Not sure what the display case cost new, but some have sold in recent days for $179 and $200 on Ebay. If you've given up hope, maybe sell it quick before everyone else gives up.
The display case was $80 new. Those ebay listings... it's a thought. Edited: I see what you mean... some have sold recently at high prices. Hmm... these display cases are rather huge 14x18, heavy and glass. Costly to ship, difficult to package and prone to breakage. Still, it's an option. Thank you for suggesting.

Taking the advice of mom2rtk, I just went ahead and sent a complaint email to shopDisney guest services basically saying that I'd been suckered into purchasing a limited edition series of 10 that is still incomplete after a year and a half. I requested a refund. (I used much nicer language, obviously). We'll see if I get any response at all.

P.S. I bought 2 of the display cases and 2 each of the 8 pins that were released. Intended as gifts for my daughters. Of course, I never expected I'd be gifting in 2022 or later! LOL

The display case was $80 new. Those ebay listings... it's a thought. Edited: I see what you mean... some have sold recently at high prices. Hmm... these display cases are rather huge 14x18, heavy and glass. Costly to ship, difficult to package and prone to breakage. Still, it's an option. Thank you for suggesting.

Taking the advice of mom2rtk, I just went ahead and sent a complaint email to shopDisney guest services basically saying that I'd been suckered into purchasing a limited edition series of 10 that is still incomplete after a year and a half. I requested a refund. (I used much nicer language, obviously). We'll see if I get any response at all.

P.S. I bought 2 of the display cases and 2 each of the 8 pins that were released. Intended as gifts for my daughters. Of course, I never expected I'd be gifting in 2022 or later! LOL
I hope you get some resolution or at least some answers from your email.

If you do decide to sell, I wouldn't worry too much about the shipping. Lots of bubble wrap and price accordingly. If the package is bulky, Ebay has some decent rates on FedEx Home Delivery lately. That finally got me to dig out my large Department 56 village pieces this summer and sell them on Ebay. In many cases, the cost of shipping by FedEx Home was less than half of the USPS Priority Mail rate. Although that varies over time so hard to predict.

I hope you get some resolution or at least some answers from your email.

If you do decide to sell, I wouldn't worry too much about the shipping. Lots of bubble wrap and price accordingly. If the package is bulky, Ebay has some decent rates on FedEx Home Delivery lately. That finally got me to dig out my large Department 56 village pieces this summer and sell them on Ebay. In many cases, the cost of shipping by FedEx Home was less than half of the USPS Priority Mail rate. Although that varies over time so hard to predict.
Good to know about FedEx Home Delivery!

I am also collecting the pins and have the frame. I’ve been so annoyed by this. It was supposed to be every two months. Then there was a period where it was two months in a row. Now it’s been several months…I just want the last two pins and some communication.

I also check the Disney store daily for updates. Disney usually doesn’t make it this hard for me to give them my money😂

I am collecting the large castle figures. Missed Jasmine and cannot find anyone selling it even unless ridiculously priced. Even then, rare to see them listed. I check every day for news on new releases. They released Merida in UK today and still no news today with a US release date. Frustrating. My Ariel castle had a small flaw but I decided to live with it than risk returning and not obtaining another.

Did y’all see shopDisney finally put the Merida collection on the coming soon page?! No date yet, but I think the last few releases have been on Saturdays so I would start checking on Thursday/Friday the next few weeks to see if we get a date!

Did y’all see shopDisney finally put the Merida collection on the coming soon page?! No date yet, but I think the last few releases have been on Saturdays so I would start checking on Thursday/Friday the next few weeks to see if we get a date!
Yes! I did see that the Merida collection finally hit the "coming soon" page... with no date. We'll see! Update on my complaint email. I received the following reply from Disney on 10/22 stating that my complaint would be forwarded on to management for review. Since that time (over a month later) there has been no additional follow up.
____

10/22/2021

Thank you for your recent email and your candid feedback.

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to convey your thoughts to us and truly value everyone’s perspective. Your feedback will be forwarded on to management for review. We are always looking for ways to improve our Guests' experience and your feedback plays a vital role in that process. The Walt Disney Company prides itself in providing quality entertainment and merchandise for all and we will continue to make every effort towards achieving that goal.

We look forward to future opportunities to meet or exceed your expectations.

do you know if they release any of the collection at the parks? cuz i really want the puzzle for brave and i will be in WDW this friday to the following saturday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter