Disney announces new Ticket system for WDW

Park hopper add on is a flat fee for the length of your ticket.

Thanks! - do you mean it's a flat fee - we pay $55 only once? Not we pay $55 each day? That's currently? I suppose we don't know how it will work in new system.

Math and I don't get along and when I read numbers my eyes glaze over...

Thanks! - do you mean it's a flat fee - we pay $55 only once? Not we pay $55 each day? That's currently? I suppose we don't know how it will work in new system.

Math and I don't get along and when I read numbers my eyes glaze over...
You pay it once. It's $55 to add on. Doesn't matter if it's a 3 day ticket or 10 day ticket it's a flat $55 to up the ticket to a par hopper.

Yes, I see a big price increase coming for AP’s. Our’s expire in November, and I wasn’t going to renew, but wait and buy new ones next Spring. I don’t think I’m going to wait now.

I am hoping to do APs in a couple of years, but I'm cringing at what the cost will be by then.

North of $1000 for Platinum? Since Disney seems to be putting a premium on flexibility. I'd be more surprised if they aren't.

The "marketing speak" in here is just sooooo bad. How can they in good conscience write some of this stuff:
  • we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best experience possible for our guests
  • guests are increasingly looking for easier ways to plan a vacation with personalized options that fit their individual needs.
  • These changes are designed to simplify the booking experience
  • give guests an enhanced way to purchase theme park tickets
  • help them more easily plan
Nothing about planning a Disney trip is EASY. They are welcome to do whatever they want with pricing...they run the company, but to claim this is the "best experience" and an "easier way to plan" and "simplifies the booking experience" and is "ENHANCING" something...is A COMPLETE LIE.

The ONLY true statement in the whole thing is this:
  • Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year

And of course they follow that up with this gem of a line:
  • so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience

Again - I have no issue with Disney making changes they feel will benefit their profitability. It's up to me to decide if I will continue to go or not based on any changes...BUT please don't patronize me with 4 paragraphs of marketing speak telling me how great these changes are...

I am hoping to do APs in a couple of years, but I'm cringing at what the cost will be by then.

North of $1000 for Platinum? Since Disney seems to be putting a premium on flexibility. I'd be more surprised if they aren't.
Wouldn't surprise me if that's what the platinum ends up costing. I'm already paying $1,149/year for my Disneyland AP with no blackouts and we are expecting another price increase before SW:GE opens.

How cynical and hypocrite Disney is. Budget cuts all over... and in this news they say "our parks have increased in popularity"

Those aren't contradictory ideas. They can have tons of people coming and still be slashing when, say, you unexpectedly have to pay an extra 20 billion for Fox.

Have we seen info on price increases or changes? Or when the value/peak/etc will be? Will renew my AP before this takes effect but have a trip in May with non-AP holders.

Easily over $1000 .. considering they are near that with tax right now.

Do we know if this pricing will change AP pricing in October? I have been planning on getting an AP when I arrive in November, but MAY just get it ahead of time if the prices are going to increase significantly.

BUT please don't patronize me with 4 paragraphs of marketing speak telling me how great these changes are...
No difference between this from Disney and any other company spinning something. It’s to be expected. And they’re rolling it out with some little planning tools of sorts to help justify the marketing spin — that’s more than most do when they roll out a price increase and spin it!

There's an AP question at the end of my post. Any advice on that question is appreciated.

Thinking through all of our options to lock in prices before increase. We would have the funds to go one time but want to see Star Wars Land.

1. Booking a package for December 2019 with a deposit. But, I hate the idea of showing up and then Star Wars land opens the next week or month. But we would be able to get our deposit back

2. Buying tickets is a good idea except they have to be used by Dec. 31. Have to use them by Dec. 31 but can get discounted rooms. Least favorite option.

3. Getting APs for maximum flexibility. Pricey option- but maybe not if tickets are going up anyway.

4. Booking a bounce back with free dining for December 2019 with $200 deposit. FD is nice! Ability to get deposit back.

My question is that a bounce back requires 4 day park hoppers. If the bb is booked- can we apply the cost of the park hoppers toward APs before we arrive or do we need to let them be unused and applied after the trip? My thinking is that if they can be converted before, I could convert them now before AP price goes up. (This, I'm sure, is a dream.)

No difference between this from Disney and any other company spinning something. It’s to be expected. And they’re rolling it out with some little planning tools of sorts to help justify the marketing spin — that’s more than most do when they roll out a price increase and spin it!

Agreed. Nifty video. :p

For myself and people like myself - who just buy tickets for their entire length of stay - this really isn't adding any stress to my planning, at all. Just need to look at the month we want to go, find cheapest ticket of the month and ta-da, we found our arrival date! :)

The only stress will be the price increase, but that would have happened regardless.

My question is that a bounce back requires 4 day park hoppers. If the bb is booked- can we apply the cost of the park hoppers toward APs before we arrive or do we need to let them be unused and applied after the trip? My thinking is that if they can be converted before, I could convert them now before AP price goes up. (This, I'm sure, is a dream.)
As someone who plans on converting 5-day tickets to AP in November, I have been told that you can only convert existing tickets to AP in person at the parks. (Otherwise I would have done it already).

Companies are also welcome to release their "spin" stories...And I will feel welcome to criticize them for it ;) I stand by my statement that the way they worded that is AWFUL. I would criticize any other company the same way - not unlike my numerous other comments here on the DIS criticizing credit card issuers and travel programs for attempting to "spin" devaluations in a positive light. :)

Companies are also welcome to release their "spin" stories...And I will feel welcome to criticize them for it ;) I stand by my statement that the way they worded that is AWFUL. I would criticize any other company the same way - not unlike my numerous other comments here on the DIS criticizing credit card issuers and travel programs for attempting to "spin" devaluations in a positive light. :)
I guess I just expect it as a fact of life so it doesn’t bug me. :)

Any ideas how this would impact resellers like Undercover Tourist or Parksavers? Seems like it would be really complicated to try to do that with specific dates. I hadn't really thought it would be too crazy if tickets were sold in "seasons" but specific dates is a whole other ballgame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!