• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Animation and Pixar Animation In Jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple, Japanese anime uses 2-D animation. Not everything can be nor should be 3D animation. 3D creates a video game look and never ages well. 2D animation shows better expression and feelings

There has been talk that Disney will produce a 2D animated feature, but the project has not been officially announced. Wish is said to use a hybrid of 2D and 3D style animation, but we haven't seen enough of it to know. I don't dislike 3D animation at all, but it's great that they are bringing back some 2D stuff!

Last edited:
Disney is going to have to decide whether they want to pursue the LGBT+ inclusion in films, or take that sweet, sweet China market $$$$. Right now the LGBT stuff is subtle enough that it can usually be edited out for the Chinese audience, but that won't be the situation forever.

Not to sound like an old woman shouting at a cloud, but the more Disney is tied to China, the harder it's going to be to bring diversity into their movies.
Lately they've been refusing to edit things out for China. A lot of the most recent films haven't been released there because of it.
Heck, China objected to the Statue of Liberty stuff in the last Spiderman movie and wouldn't allow it to be released in China.

There has been talk that Disney will produce a 2D animated feature, but the project has not been officially announced. Wish is said to use a hybrid of 2D and 3D style animation, but we havnn't seen enough of it to know. I don't dislike 3D animation at all, but it's great that they are bringing back some 2D stuff!
Yeah, I think there’s a chance that rumor 2d animated feature will be based on a Charles Perrault fairy tale called Bluebeard.

Yeah, I think there’s a chance that rumor 2d animated feature will be based on a Charles Perrault fairy tale called Bluebeard.
Which is a very weird choice for Disney considering the original story involves a man murdering his various wives. But I would 100% be up for a 2D Disney animated film. I don't hate the 3D films but the 2D ones feel more "timeless" to me.

Which is a very weird choice for Disney considering the original story involves a man murdering his various wives. But I would 100% be up for a 2D Disney animated film. I don't hate the 3D films but the 2D ones feel more "timeless" to me.

Yeah, and The Snow Queen as the Devil himself as a character - they'll change it and Disneyfy it. I think it will be unrecognizeable by the time they're done with it - not that it's a bad thing.

Yeah, and The Snow Queen as the Devil himself as a character - they'll change it and Disneyfy it. I think it will be unrecognizeable by the time they're done with it - not that it's a bad thing.
Oh, yeah that's what I expect. Similar to how Hunchback was WAY darker in the original source material and even then, the Disney version is still quite dark in tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter