**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My family had this happen too when my kids were 11 and 8. There was a random AH in between MVMCP’s during our late Nov Trip. It wasn’t on the original drop of AH dates and we already everything planned. We had an Xmas party the night before, 8 am dining booked followed by a full day ending with the AH, and then EMM the next morning and another fairly full day with another holiday party.
I debated adding it right away because we had so much planned, but we had never done an AH before and we weren’t at that time planning another trip in the near future. On the AH day, we couldn’t change our plans for our full day at Epcot so we ended up keeping our plans and going right to the AH! My kids did just great with the full day! We did end up doing a mid-afternoon nap/break the following day just to recharge.
And we don’t regret it at all! The AH turned out to be the highlight of the whole trip!

Hi Tessaf. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am in a very similar situation on this trip, and also have to factor in the Super Bowl parade and possible extra crowds that day! ugh lol I think I'm going to go for it. While we do have 2-3 days to do MK on this trip, I would love to experience low crowds and just being able to walk on rides or have a minimal wait.

We were there last night. At 8:05 pm 7DMT said 20 minutes. It took 5 minutes to wend our way through the line. Walked right on the train. Twice in 25 minutes. Ifnthey allowed you to get off the ride and go right to the area you get in the trains it would have been so much faster. Same problem at Space Mountain. It takes 5 or 10 minutes just to get on and off. Later on Big Thunder we just stayed in the car because nobody was in line.

Just bought my ticket for the AH on 3/30! I've been once before (1/26/18) and it was 100% worth the price of the ticket. It's even better for me this trip, as I'll be attending a conference during the day, and will have time to nap, eat dinner, maybe have a fancy cocktail, and get to MK by 7. Last time I went with a friend, and felt I needed to get in as many rides as possible. This year, I think I'll take it slow and maybe camp out on a park bench with a Mickey bar at some point; I'll have about 6 hours to enjoy it, provided I can keep my eyes open til 1 AM!

We were there last night. At 8:05 pm 7DMT said 20 minutes. It took 5 minutes to wend our way through the line. Walked right on the train. Twice in 25 minutes. Ifnthey allowed you to get off the ride and go right to the area you get in the trains it would have been so much faster. Same problem at Space Mountain. It takes 5 or 10 minutes just to get on and off. Later on Big Thunder we just stayed in the car because nobody was in line.
Ok so the posted wait time was not correct?

What time did you get let in SDJEL?

SDJEL-first initials for each member of my family.

We spent the day in the MK. Got there later than usual because we knew it would be a long day. After dinner-around 7, we went back to the main entrance and got our bracelets and then went back into park. Awesome event! Worth every penny. My daughter had 3 Mickey bars. We got off our last ride at 10:53 and headed for the exit. They cleared the park out quickly. We were off the last ferry leaving the TTC and last people on the tram-last car in the parking lot.

I was also there on Monday night, and it was a really great night. We entered just about at 7 pm through the event gate, and grabbed food/caffeine (we were at rope drop in Hollywood studios that morning for Rise of the Resistance), and sat in Adventureland for a bit to plan our evening. We had grabbed a fastpass for the carpets on our way to the park, so we rode that first (there was still a 10-15 minute wait), then went up to BTMRR where there was a 15 minute wait, but that had us on the ride just as the fireworks started. We jumped right back on to no wait (by now, only DAH ticket holders could get on), and then were allowed to stay in our seats for ride #3. It was starting to rain a little, so we went to Jungle Cruise then Pirates, and both were walk ons, and when we got off no more rain. had our only reali hiccup of the night before getting on Jungle Cruise, because the snack cart hadn't been stocked with drinks yet, but we were able to grab them (plus some ice cream) after Pirates.

From there, we went to the Haunted Mansion (walk on), then met Tiana & Rapunzel (we must have caught a shift change, because we waited about 15 minute here). Jumped on the Mine Train, where it was posted as 25 minutes, but we were off in less than 20. Rode Pooh as a walk on, then split up so I daughter could ride Speedway (said there was no real wait) while the other one went with me and we walked in to see Ariel, then walked onto her ride. Met up with daughter #1 at Space Mountain, where we walked on (sensing a trend yet?), then did the same at Buzz. We split up for our final ride, with daughter #1 riding the Oribiter while daughter #2 and I rode People Mover. On our way out, we grabbed popcorn, sodas for the next day, and ice cream.

As expected, the worst part was the wait for a bus then the LONG ride back to the Beach Club (we were the last of the 5 Epcot resorts to be dropped). We got to the bus stop right at midnight.

We've done AH events before, and this one was really good. I know it was because of low overall crowds and cooler weather that we had such a good night, but when it's this good, it's REALLY awesome!

I was also there on Monday night, and it was a really great night. We entered just about at 7 pm through the event gate, and grabbed food/caffeine (we were at rope drop in Hollywood studios that morning for Rise of the Resistance), and sat in Adventureland for a bit to plan our evening. We had grabbed a fastpass for the carpets on our way to the park, so we rode that first (there was still a 10-15 minute wait), then went up to BTMRR where there was a 15 minute wait, but that had us on the ride just as the fireworks started. We jumped right back on to no wait (by now, only DAH ticket holders could get on), and then were allowed to stay in our seats for ride #3. It was starting to rain a little, so we went to Jungle Cruise then Pirates, and both were walk ons, and when we got off no more rain. had our only reali hiccup of the night before getting on Jungle Cruise, because the snack cart hadn't been stocked with drinks yet, but we were able to grab them (plus some ice cream) after Pirates.

From there, we went to the Haunted Mansion (walk on), then met Tiana & Rapunzel (we must have caught a shift change, because we waited about 15 minute here). Jumped on the Mine Train, where it was posted as 25 minutes, but we were off in less than 20. Rode Pooh as a walk on, then split up so I daughter could ride Speedway (said there was no real wait) while the other one went with me and we walked in to see Ariel, then walked onto her ride. Met up with daughter #1 at Space Mountain, where we walked on (sensing a trend yet?), then did the same at Buzz. We split up for our final ride, with daughter #1 riding the Oribiter while daughter #2 and I rode People Mover. On our way out, we grabbed popcorn, sodas for the next day, and ice cream.

As expected, the worst part was the wait for a bus then the LONG ride back to the Beach Club (we were the last of the 5 Epcot resorts to be dropped). We got to the bus stop right at midnight.

We've done AH events before, and this one was really good. I know it was because of low overall crowds and cooler weather that we had such a good night, but when it's this good, it's REALLY awesome!

Hey, just wondering if they let you in at 7, or that was just when you arrived? Thanks!

Hey, just wondering if they let you in at 7, or that was just when you arrived? Thanks!

We were there on Monday. We walked from the Contemporary, arrived at 6:18 and went right in. I almost asked when they had started letting people in, but decided I didn't want to know because we'd just been in the room watching TV killing time and could have walked over earlier had we known we could get in so early. I'd been hoping for a 6:30 or 6:45 entry time so was pleasantly surprised.

Can anyone else give their experience on getting in early for MK DAH? I've seen everything from 6pm to 6:18pm to "they wouldn't let us in until 7pm exactly"!

We are going in a couple of weeks, and if I can get in at 6 we will get there to do that. Can anyone else comment on how early they were able to get in to MK DAH, if at all? My FP planning is depending on it...

Can anyone else give their experience on getting in early for MK DAH? I've seen everything from 6pm to 6:18pm to "they wouldn't let us in until 7pm exactly"!

We are going in a couple of weeks, and if I can get in at 6 we will get there to do that. Can anyone else comment on how early they were able to get in to MK DAH, if at all? My FP planning is depending on it...

I hear ya, but if getting in early is something you're really hoping for, your very best bet is to be there by 6 but be prepared to wait. The most recent report we now have is that people were being let in BY 6:18 on Monday night. It can vary from one event to the next though, so the best most of us can do is :confused3 when asked, "What time will they let people in for MY event?!" Decide what is most important to you - being there right when they start letting people in or relaxing in comfort until you KNOW you can get in. Then arrive at the appropriate time. :thumbsup2 I would make fastpasses at 6, 7, and 8, or 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 if it wouldn't let me make one at 8 for some reason. BUT, I'd make that first fastpass my least important one just in case. ;)

I hear ya, but if getting in early is something you're really hoping for, your very best bet is to be there by 6 but be prepared to wait. The most recent report we now have is that people were being let in BY 6:18 on Monday night. It can vary from one event to the next though, so the best most of us can do is :confused3 when asked, "What time will they let people in for MY event?!" Decide what is most important to you - being there right when they start letting people in or relaxing in comfort until you KNOW you can get in. Then arrive at the appropriate time. :thumbsup2 I would make fastpasses at 6, 7, and 8, or 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 if it wouldn't let me make one at 8 for some reason. BUT, I'd make that first fastpass my least important one just in case. ;)

Yeah, we currently have a FP for 5:30-6:30pm (which works until 6:45pm). It's for meeting Mickey right in Town Square to the right side when you enter. So we would probably need to be let in by like 6:35 to be safe. Not sure if that will happen or not...

We were also there on Monday and it was probably the highlight of our trip! We entered the park around 7 and headed straight to Tomorrowland. We rode the People Mover and Buzz before 8. Once 8 struck, we hit up the Speedway, the Teacups, Pooh, Peter Pan, and Small World in just over an hour. We slowed down a bit but still hit Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Dumbo 2x, Space Mountain, a photo op in front of the castle, and the Tangled photo op in the remaining time. Our only mistake was believing the wait time and not getting on 7DMT. They told us it would be about 15 minutes at around 10:35 so we chose to do Space instead. We made our last snack stop at 10:50 and headed out. Rather than wait for a bus, we walked to the Contemporary and got a Lyft from there back to All-Star sports.

Overall, we got 3 Diet Cokes, 2 Waters, and a Sprite, as well as 2 popcorns and a Mickey Bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter