• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We generally don’t make plans for anything before noon the next day. If we do get up and around earlier we consider it bonus time. Next trip we‘re doing two DAHs and have our DHS days scheduled the day before each of them.
Unfortunately I have 2 days to myself prior to a conference I have to attend during the mornings the 3rd week of March. Not going to complain too much, if it wasn’t for that conference I would not be going to DW in March, we were just there in September. My first night I will be going to DAH at MK which is scheduled to 1am. I have plans of going to HS the next morning and trying to get myself a abG for RiSE but I only have to worry about myself getting up, will nap in the afternoon for a bit but will make up my sleep during my meetings later in the week.
When I went with family in September we did MNSSHP, the next day we had nothing planned until noon. We were out and about sooner but definitely could have slept longer if it wasn’t for a 5 year old

It's sort of interesting - people have been saying "Disney will just ruin DAH like they do other hard ticket events by overselling them" since DAH started in 2016. In some ways, they are arguably getting better over time as there are more events, more parks, and dates more spread throughout the year. We haven't had an actual sell-out in awhile now.

I always get a little nervous when we have a long run of "too good" conditions as seasons tend to morph/change experiences (eg, we're about to hit a heavy spring break time next month), but certainly positive reviews abound lately.
Speaking of Spring break crowds... I have a ticket for AH for March 23rd, CL predictions for that day have MK, well practically all of DW, at a 10. How does the crowd levels affect DAH? I only have my AH time for MK this trip, I will be in on business so thought AH would be my best bet for MK. We were there in September and went to a MNSSHP and the crowds were pretty bad. Now I will be by myself with no stroller and no one else to keep up with but wondering what to expect crowd wise

@Daffodilmom21 I'm wondering the exact same thing! We have tickets for DAH on 3/30. We have never done a WDW trip over spring break before, and we have never done a DAH event. We certainly recognize that crowds will be high due to spring break season, but we are hoping that crowds are low for the DAH event. Keeping finger crossed!

Speaking of Spring break crowds... I have a ticket for AH for March 23rd, CL predictions for that day have MK, well practically all of DW, at a 10. How does the crowd levels affect DAH? I only have my AH time for MK this trip, I will be in on business so thought AH would be my best bet for MK. We were there in September and went to a MNSSHP and the crowds were pretty bad. Now I will be by myself with no stroller and no one else to keep up with but wondering what to expect crowd wise

We’ll be there the same night and I’m trying to keep the speculating out of my head (but it’s not working 😄). We were lucky enough to attend the Nov 26th one when the attendance was crazy low. So we already know there will be a lot more people on this next one but still eagerly looking forward to it. See you there!

We’ll be there the same night and I’m trying to keep the speculating out of my head (but it’s not working 😄). We were lucky enough to attend the Nov 26th one when the attendance was crazy low. So we already know there will be a lot more people on this next one but still eagerly looking forward to it. See you there!
We're going to that one too! The only one we've been to at MK was the Villian's one last summer and it was pretty busy. So I'm hoping this one has less people. But I'm trying to keep my expectations to a minimum, then maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Either way, it should be way better than a regular day!

Reactions: CJN
It's sort of interesting - people have been saying "Disney will just ruin DAH like they do other hard ticket events by overselling them" since DAH started in 2016. In some ways, they are arguably getting better over time as there are more events, more parks, and dates more spread throughout the year. We haven't had an actual sell-out in awhile now.

I always get a little nervous when we have a long run of "too good" conditions as seasons tend to morph/change experiences (eg, we're about to hit a heavy spring break time next month), but certainly positive reviews abound lately.
I’ve been a bit worried about that too. I’m going to the Mardi Gras eve AH, and I’ve heard a lot about Mardi Gras drawing big crowds. I’ve been lucky enough to go to AH during busy times (spring break) as well as slower times and have seen how a busier time can back up the headliners a bit. Even if it’s sold out it’ll be better than any other regular day!

But you are saying park day. Did they only have AH tickets? If so, I just learned something new.

But you are saying park day. Did they only have AH tickets? If so, I just learned something new.
You may book fast passes on an after hours ticket. You may only book one set of fast passes per day though. So for people who are doing a full park day plus after hours, they can't use that after hours ticket to "double dip" so to speak.

you can only book fast passes with a DAH ticket from the time that ticket allows you to enter park until official park closing. You can’t make a fast pass for a time during the actual Disney after Hours event. And you can’t book fast passes with both your regular park ticket in addition to a DAH ticket. Only allowed one set of 3 fast passes per day.

We did after hours at MK 2/3 and had a great time! We watched Happily Ever After and then started riding. We did everything we wanted to do with pretty much immediate walk on. We skipped Dumbo, teacups, Jungle Cruise astro orbiter carousel. We didn’t do any show attractions. We did everything else once. Only ride we were alone on was Magic carpets. Worth every penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter