**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

In a really wild turn of events we got on Small World at 10:30 tonight (5/30)
Right as we were about to enter the goodbye room the ride stopped. At 11:15. Still here. We are getting evacuated. Somehow. Will need a bridge or something to get from the boat to the side. We are still in the Blue room. Thankfully the turned the music off. Finally. It's going to be over an hour on here by the time we get off. I don't complain much and I fully realize this was out of their control but we may need to get something back for missing so much.

It was about 70 min when we got taken off.

Oh, that sucks!

In a really wild turn of events we got on Small World at 10:30 tonight (5/30)
Right as we were about to enter the goodbye room the ride stopped. At 11:15. Still here. We are getting evacuated. Somehow. Will need a bridge or something to get from the boat to the side. We are still in the Blue room. Thankfully the turned the music off. Finally. It's going to be over an hour on here by the time we get off. I don't complain much and I fully realize this was out of their control but we may need to get something back for missing so much.

It was about 70 min when we got taken off.
Oh man that’s awful!!

I think I asked this before... Don't think anyone had a definitive answer. So..... wondering if anyone has done this recently?
If I plan to upgrade my hopper to an AP will they either give me the AP price now or would they adjust the price when I get there and show that I upgraded my hopper to AP?
I have a 7 day hopper that I am definitely going to upgrade when I arrive, but I'd like to get a ticket for the After Hours now.

For those curious, to get off Small World, they put a CM in waders and they push the boat to a point so it can be against the side and guests can step out. We went backwards to another room

Oh no! We saw it wAs closed but didn’t realize it broke down! That sucks!

For those curious, to get off Small World, they put a CM in waders and they push the boat to a point so it can be against the side and guests can step out. We went backwards to another room

Just wondering, did they give you anything for missing so much of the evening?

Just wondering, did they give you anything for missing so much of the evening?
Yes. We finished with everything we could and headed to GS about 12:55. I didn't go in with anything in mind. I know I should but I felt bad asking at all. If it had been less time I wouldn't have but an hour crossed the line and was a bit much for a 3 hour event. So I just told the CM that we were one of those stuck on Small World for an hour and since it was a fair chunk of time off the event did they have anything they were doing for those guests. Really expected by this point tonight they'd had enough guests come in from the ride that they'd come up with a standard recovery.

I'm frankly embarrassed by what he gave me. It was too much. A full refund on a gift card and 3 multi experience fast passes for all three of us for both parks we plan to go to tomorrow. We'll turn around and spend the refund toward our AP renewal.

And oddly our MK resort bus stopped at TTC despite the Transportation CM announcing to everyone as we left the security area that the buses were for Disney resorts only. If you were heading to the parking lot they directed you to a different spot to get transportation. No one got off at TTC, needless to say

We were there tonight & heard about the Small World incident while in line for 7DMT. That was really unfortunate but I’m glad they made it right. Peter Pan also went down just as we were about to get in line. I don’t know how long it stayed down for. We never made it back there.

Here’s what we managed to do...

- Arrived just after HEA ended
- Got some corn dog nuggets now that they’re good again & watched OUAT
- PeopleMover 2x (didn’t have to get off)
- Buzz Lightyear
- Space Mountain 2x (I hate the new exit)
- Pooh
- 7DMT 3x
- Tangled photo
- Haunted Mansion 2x (I like how the wait time says “13 minutes”)
- BTMRR 3x
- Pirates
- Jungle Cruise

We also stopped for snacks a few times & thankfully did not encounter any long lines there. The longest line was five families in front of us (Tomorrowland) & it moved really quickly.

We did not do as many rides as most people will but we didn’t set out to do that. We just wanted to peacefully wander around, enjoy the empty park, eat ice cream & not have to wait too long for the rides we did want to go on. If you arrived at 7 pm ready to go, you could easily accomplish a full day’s worth of stuff in six hours & have a much better time without the sun beating down on you!

I did have to laugh when one bewildered kid walking down Main Street asked his parents, “Where are all those people going? Don’t they know the park is closed?” :laughing:

Oh my gosh. Sorry you had to go through that

The CM that was pushing our boat back mentioned that Pan goes down a lot and had been out tonight too. It was open by the time we got off Small World. We rode Pan next
We had made it to the park right about 6:00, right after dinner at Artist Point. We got on Splash, Big Thunder with FP, rode Liberty Boat last ride then used a HM pass. Made a pass for Pirates, rode it then made one for Big Thunder and rode it during fireworks. Got off it and watched the finale of the fireworks then got on Splash again, walk on. Got off it and it was exactly 10:00 so we got snacks there. If we hadn't already done all that before the event started I'd likely have been more upset about missing that hour.
DGD didn't want to repeat anything over there so that's when we headed to the ill-fated Small World ride

Last edited:
What does every one guess about October dates ? I know they have been pretty slim the last few years , but Im noticing a lot more for Sept this year.
We are there the first 2 weeks of October and reallllly hoping for a DAH event !

Yes. We finished with everything we could and headed to GS about 12:55. I didn't go in with anything in mind. I know I should but I felt bad asking at all. If it had been less time I wouldn't have but an hour crossed the line and was a bit much for a 3 hour event. So I just told the CM that we were one of those stuck on Small World for an hour and since it was a fair chunk of time off the event did they have anything they were doing for those guests. Really expected by this point tonight they'd had enough guests come in from the ride that they'd come up with a standard recovery.

I'm frankly embarrassed by what he gave me. It was too much. A full refund on a gift card and 3 multi experience fast passes for all three of us for both parks we plan to go to tomorrow. We'll turn around and spend the refund toward our AP renewal.

This is one time I think compensation was deserved and it clearly shows why Disney is amazing with customer service. You were polite and they clearly appreciated that. The FP they gave you are appropriate for time lost. Also giving the money back was just something that really didn’t hurt them but did give you good vibes that you will pass on and give crazy people like me good vibes. Sorry you got stuck (thankfully they turned the music off lol. Glad they erased much of the frustration of getting stuck. Enjoy the rest of your trip

And oddly our MK resort bus stopped at TTC despite the Transportation CM announcing to everyone as we left the security area that the buses were for Disney resorts only. If you were heading to the parking lot they directed you to a different spot to get transportation. No one got off at TTC, needless to say

That’s odd. Clearly they are used to people not following instructions

I think I asked this before... Don't think anyone had a definitive answer. So..... wondering if anyone has done this recently?
If I plan to upgrade my hopper to an AP will they either give me the AP price now or would they adjust the price when I get there and show that I upgraded my hopper to AP?
I have a 7 day hopper that I am definitely going to upgrade when I arrive, but I'd like to get a ticket for the After Hours now.

I called and asked something similar recently. You must have APs at the time of purchasing DAH. They will not refund if you purchase without an AP and later buy one. 😢

I called and asked something similar recently. You must have APs at the time of purchasing DAH. They will not refund if you purchase without an AP and later buy one. 😢
I have heard of some people getting the difference refunded back to them and put towards the AP upgrade. Couldn't hurt to ask! I'm going to, as I'm in this same situation. I have package park hoppers I'm upgrading to APs when we get there, however there was no way I'd wait to purchase the DAH MK tickets as I would be scared they would sell out. So I'll ask, and if not. Oh well, I tried :groom:

I have heard of some people getting the difference refunded back to them and put towards the AP upgrade. Couldn't hurt to ask! I'm going to, as I'm in this same situation. I have package park hoppers I'm upgrading to APs when we get there, however there was no way I'd wait to purchase the DAH MK tickets as I would be scared they would sell out. So I'll ask, and if not. Oh well, I tried :groom:
In March I had purchased 2 nights of DAH for my party of 5, and then purchased an AP for myself before arriving, but after buying the DAH. I then upgraded DS7 to AP when I went to get my AP activated. I asked for a refund for the difference in the form of a gift card (because I had read that was what you could get) and I did get it.
Now, the CM did give me the "We normally do not allow this, but we will this one time" so YMMV.

Our first after dark experience was last night at MK and we really enjoyed it and thought it was worth the cost, especially in summer with the unbearable heat during the day. We are a family of 5 (me, DH, and 3 boys ages 15, 8, and 6).

We arrived at 630pm and walked right into the park with no wait so they must have started letting people in earlier than that. I had made FP for birthday Mickey meet, splash and thunder, so we knocked those out first. Did pirates and the treehouse after that. Walked on as most people were getting a spot for fireworks. We also snuck in a little emporium shopping.

Right as fireworks started we snuck into Starbucks for some fuel! Jumped on buzz and TTA with no wait.

After that it was 10pm, party start time! We grabbed some ice cream first. Also grabbed popcorn in Tomorrowland, but there was a pretty long line (DH waited while I took kids on space). Longest I saw all night.

During party hours we rode:
Space mountain (10min)
Speedway (10min)
Teacups (walk on)
Dumbo (walk on)
Barnstormer (walk on)
Pooh (5 min)
Peter Pan (10 min)
Tangled lantern pic
Haunted mansion (walk on)
Thunder (2x)(walk on)
Tried to do space mountain again but broken.
Astro orbiter (10-15min)
Castle photo at 1:15am on the way out!

We stopped for ice cream 2 more times. And popcorn two more times as well. These with almost no wait. When we returned to Tomorrowland at end of night; that popcorn stand still had a line!

We could have done more if we pushed it, but we took our time and weren’t in a huge rush. We sat and ate ice cream twice.

Mine train had a 20 min wait throughout. We have a FP for later in the week so we didn’t wait for that. I don’t know if the line was actually 20 min, but I could see a decent line and didn’t want to risk wasting the 20min!

There were more people than I expected. I never saw any empty walkways, attractions, or snack carts. But not nearly as many as the MVMCPs we’ve been to.

We will be doing the after hours at AK on Tuesday!

Last edited:
Hi.
I printed out my tickets and see next to the Order Confirmation number, it states "Tkt 166". I purchased three tickets and have Tkt 166, 167 and 168. I know many other people besides dis purchase the tickets but wondered if you thought it may be good to post the date we are going and the ticket number and see what is the highest we see that are sold. We could just post in our threads I guess and do a search if we wanted to see. This would be the closest information we have on how many tickets are actually sold, although it really wouldn't reflect all since it's just the dis. I'm only saying this since I never saw mentioned on this thread the actual Tkt number shown or spoken about and if it was, sorry I must have missed it.

Thursday, September 5: Highest Ticket Number I have is 168.
June 6 - I have 296-298

Sorry you missed part of the event, but Disney is very good at making things more than right. It's why we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter