• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ordered our DAH MK tickets for Sept 12 last night with no issues... got our email confirmation early and everything linked with no issues.

We really wanted to do AK as well, but that's just pushing our budget a bit too much (as someone posted on another thread, Disney World Problems :) ).

Just wondering... anyone worried about the number of DAH tickets going up once SWGE opens? Will one have anything to do with the other?

Last edited:
Sooo we may have just had a miracle happen? Went on UT to see if they had the AH tickets for the new dates. They do, and they're mistakenly showing as $3 a piece! We figured there's no harm in buying them, because we planned on buying them at full price anyways. I assumed at some point in the process the correct price would show, but I was able to order them at the shown price and succesfully link my MK AH tickets in MDE. Praying that UT won't cancel our tickets or something like that!!! :rainbow:

We'll be going 8/22!

Last edited:
Sooo we may have just had a miracle happen? Went on UT to see if they had the AH tickets for the new dates. They do, and they're mistakenly showing as $3 a piece! We figured there's no harm in buying them, because we planned on buying them at full price anyways. I assumed at some point in the process the correct price would show, but I was able to order them at the shown price and succesfully link my MK AH tickets in MDE. Praying that UT won't cancel our tickets or something like that!!! :rainbow:

We'll be going 8/22!
What?! lol that’s hilarious. They shouldn’t ask for them back (or you pay more) because it was their mistake, but it’s possible. That’s so funny

ETA: I just checked and they must’ve noticed because now the links to buy tickets don’t work. They must be fixing it

Just bought tickets for 8/29! Quick and easy process!!! Thinking this night might sell out with overflow of crowds from HS craziness...but hoping it won’t!
I don't know about that. Most of them will have been waiting in line since midnight the morning of so they may be pretty tired to do an After Hours event

We'll be going 8/22!

Darn it... a price that I could afford! Good luck and let us know what happens!

Last edited:
Just ordered three adult tickets using my DVC discount online (thank you gadad for showing me I needed to be logged into MDE). Ordered, immediately received a confirmation email and the tickets are showing up linked in MDE.

We will be attending September 5. Our time is 10:00 pm - 1:00 am. What time can we arrive for a 10 pm start time? My mom and I have APs, my dd does not. She does not need a park ticket to attend, just this party ticket, is that correct?

Thank you.

I believe it's always 7 PM

Thank you. If we plan for approximately 8 pm, we can do the other attractions that take time and focus on other things during DAH. We can do President's, PeopleMover, Mickey's Phila, etc. Don't think my dd-25 has ever done Tiki so this will be good.

Thank you.

Hi.
I printed out my tickets and see next to the Order Confirmation number, it states "Tkt 166". I purchased three tickets and have Tkt 166, 167 and 168. I know many other people besides dis purchase the tickets but wondered if you thought it may be good to post the date we are going and the ticket number and see what is the highest we see that are sold. We could just post in our threads I guess and do a search if we wanted to see. This would be the closest information we have on how many tickets are actually sold, although it really wouldn't reflect all since it's just the dis. I'm only saying this since I never saw mentioned on this thread the actual Tkt number shown or spoken about and if it was, sorry I must have missed it.

Thursday, September 5: Highest Ticket Number I have is 168.

Hi.
I printed out my tickets and see next to the Order Confirmation number, it states "Tkt 166". I purchased three tickets and have Tkt 166, 167 and 168. I know many other people besides dis purchase the tickets but wondered if you thought it may be good to post the date we are going and the ticket number and see what is the highest we see that are sold. We could just post in our threads I guess and do a search if we wanted to see. This would be the closest information we have on how many tickets are actually sold, although it really wouldn't reflect all since it's just the dis. I'm only saying this since I never saw mentioned on this thread the actual Tkt number shown or spoken about and if it was, sorry I must have missed it.

Thursday, September 5: Highest Ticket Number I have is 168.

This observation/topic comes up from time to time. It often gets discussed with MNSSHP and MVMCP where you see the same thing.

People have long tried to establish if those ticket numbers actually mean anything. Usually when this comes up, you get a few reports where the ticket number meaning anything seems plausible and seems to provide clues, but then you get some that don’t seem to make much sense or don’t fit the pattern at all.

So it’s interesting to watch, but I’d be a tad cautious of reading into exactly what it means unless a long-term fact pattern can be established.

So... I am one of the people who has been aggravated with all the shortentened park days to add on paid edvents but I am strongly concidering adding the magic kingdom after hours to our trip for September 5th.

I had picked this week, Aug 30th - September 6th to do food & wine (a surprise birthday trip) lighter crowds and to avoid the craziness of GE. That plan went to hell in a hand basket when Disney announced GE was opening early.

I feel like such a hypocrite and don't want to hand disney another $200+ for 3 hours in the park but the low crowds is very tempting. I am very worried about the crowd levels due to galaxy's edge opening the same week. Decisions decisions...

So... I am one of the people who has been aggravated with all the shortentened park days to add on paid edvents but I am strongly concidering adding the magic kingdom after hours to our trip for September 5th.

I had picked this week, Aug 30th - September 6th to do food & wine (a surprise birthday trip) lighter crowds and to avoid the craziness of GE. That plan went to hell in a hand basket when Disney announced GE was opening early.

I feel like such a hypocrite and don't want to hand disney another $200+ for 3 hours in the park but the low crowds is very tempting. I am very worried about the crowd levels due to galaxy's edge opening the same week. Decisions decisions...

I bought my tickets last night for DAH on September 5 exactly for the reason of having light crowds in the park. DF and I are going from Aug 30 through Sept 8 and like you I booked that week for low crowds. I felt that with GE's opening this was the only way to have a few calm hours and that fact we loved doing Magic Kingdom DAH on our last trip in January of 2018.

We went to Disney just a couple weeks ago, also during a somewhat "low" crowd time and we were STILL really glad we bought tickets to DAH! My point is, even with lower crowds I would recommend it. If you happen to go during a time with higher crowds (even if that wasn't YOUR plan), I really cannot recommend it enough. Especially when you consider the heat of September! Touring at night without the sun beating down on you is worth serious money, especially when you are doing so with such low crowds as attend DAH.

Touring at night without the sun beating down on you is worth serious money, especially when you are doing so with such low crowds as attend DAH.

I have to say, this is an often overlooked major plus with these types of early or late events.

We did MK EMM last Sunday (it was like 96 degrees in Orlando that day, no joke) and knocking out such a big portion of MK in the early morning cooler hours was totally worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter