**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I attended on 3/30 as well and had a pretty good time. I'm a Cast Member and was able to get a discounted ticket for $60, so it was well worth it. We arrived around 8:00pm or so, I think. I didn't take notes for this one like I did for MK. We rode TSMM once with about a 10 minute wait, then re-rode and walked right on. After that we walked right onto AS2. SDD was posting around 30 minutes and it was too early in the evening to wait that long, so we headed to Sunset Blvd.

Once on RnR with a walk right into the preshow and a line as far back as the entire alleyway. Not bad, though. Then ToT with about a 10 minute wait as well. We stopped for ice cream and water then rode both again. Both were walk on this time.

After that, we headed back to TSMM and walked right on. SDD was posting around 40 minutes at this time and our feet were done for. We decided against it. We picked up some waters on the way out. We had eaten at odd times that day and weren't hungry for more snacks. We waited a while for the bus and were the only ones on. I can't remember exactly what time we left, but I want to say it was around 11pm or so.

All in all for two people

TSMM - 3
AS2 - 1
RnR - 2
ToT - 3
Water - 6 bottles
Ice Cream - 2 Mickey Bars

Oh, and we also stopped to watch the Disney Movie Magic show for about five minutes before moving on. Hardly anyone around and many people sitting to watch. The park never felt empty, but after a very busy week, 10 minutes waits are nothing. Again, people expecting to have the park to themselves and walk onto everything will be disappointed. But if you're just looking to relax and be able to ride your favorites multiple times, it works well.

Thanks for the helpful info in this forum! Anyone know if you can make advance Fast Pass selections for 7pm and later if you link a DAH ticket with no HS or other parks that day?

Yes, you should be able to. You can even make your first one for 6:30-7:30 if you want.

Just trying to understand all this...(I'm new to the DAH scene 8-))

1) There are no FP+ during DAH. Right?

2) In the above scenario, kikibrown is entering the park on a DAH ticket (no other ticket like park hopper etc). The DAH ticket allows you to make FP+ selections for that day up until the start of "after hours"? Is that correct?

3) A kind of related question. If you do have days left on your park hopper ticket and you have a DAH ticket, assuming you have not used your park hopper on the DAH day, how do you prevent the park hopper from being used when entering for the DAH at 7:00 pm (since they are both linked on your magic band)?

Last edited:
Just got our tickets for May the 4th. We are excited about the addition of some Star Wars meets like Phasma and Rey. Only thing Im worried about now is that the party will be much more crowded because it's a "special event".

We have the 4th too. I’m pretty sure it will sell out, but reports from sold out parties are generally pretty good. Since they limit ticket sales, sell outs shouldn’t be that crowded.

Just got our tickets for May the 4th. We are excited about the addition of some Star Wars meets like Phasma and Rey. Only thing Im worried about now is that the party will be much more crowded because it's a "special event".
We are booked for then as well. And I am worried about that. There is no real way to know. it's only the 2nd themed one... And Star Wars is super popular... But it's not sold out yet. So, we will see!

Passholders, do you still love DAH or in your case is it not worth the money? I'm not a popcorn/soda person, though I do like ice cream. Is it legit ice cream or is it things like Mickey bars? More than anything I'd love to ride RNRC & TOT as many times as humanly possible. I've read about 10 pages on this thread and some people were report 40 minute waits for SDD but even longer for TOT because it's being refurbished right now? Are the waits for TOT really that long during DAH? Thankssssss <3

2) In the above scenario, kikibrown is entering the park on a DAH ticket (no other ticket like park hopper etc). The DAH ticket allows you to make FP+ selections for that day up until the start of "after hours"? Is that correct?

3) A kind of related question. If you do have days left on your park hopper ticket and you have a DAH ticket, assuming you have not used your park hopper on the DAH day, how do you prevent the park hopper from being used when entering for the DAH at 7:00 pm (since they are both linked on your magic band)?

1) Correct...No FP+ during DAH
2) Correct...as long as no other FP+ for any other park that same day
3) Enter at EVENT tapstyles (usually have a CM with a sign as well)

Passholders, do you still love DAH or in your case is it not worth the money? I'm not a popcorn/soda person, though I do like ice cream. Is it legit ice cream or is it things like Mickey bars? More than anything I'd love to ride RNRC & TOT as many times as humanly possible. I've read about 10 pages on this thread and some people were report 40 minute waits for SDD but even longer for TOT because it's being refurbished right now? Are the waits for TOT really that long during DAH? Thankssssss <3
We really like these events...and no, not legit ice cream...it's mickey bars and other prepackaged items. We are both DVC and Passholders, and for my family the shorter lines and "all the mickey bars you can eat, you had better not puke" works. We are looking forward to this one on June 14..:)

We really like these events...and no, not legit ice cream...it's mickey bars and other prepackaged items. We are both DVC and Passholders, and for my family the shorter lines and "all the mickey bars you can eat, you had better not puke" works. We are looking forward to this one on June 14..:)
I like the cookie ice cream pre-packaged sandwiches so that's still okay! As many as I can eat + TOT as many times as I can without puking sounds awesome to me, lol. Reminds me of how early December used to be!

The only rides(at least from reading this thread the last few months) with longer-than-expected wait times have been SDD and TMM, much more the former. I think by all accounts, ToT and RnRC have been walk-ons or five minute waits, which is awesome.

I think Disney loves the ability to sell these extra tickets, but I do wonder about how Galaxy’s Edge will change things. I hope they continue it, as I’ll buy our ticket during next spring break the MINUTE it’s available.

Just trying to understand all this...(I'm new to the DAH scene 8-))

1. Correct
2. You bet
3. Enter at the event tapstiles but still watch MDE. My 7 day Park Hopper Plus got activated on March 30th and it's an ongoing soap opera trying to get my tickets back...

3. Enter at the event tapstiles but still watch MDE. My 7 day Park Hopper Plus got activated on March 30th and it's an ongoing soap opera trying to get my tickets back...

Thanks - that was my exact concern.
I may be new to DAH, but I'm not new to Disney "Magic" :crazy2:

HI. Maybe a weird question. We have tickets to HS after dark May 31st. I also have FPP booked for AK that day. (We have 7 day hoppers).

Any chance I can book additional FPP with DAH tickets? And I guess I should have noticed when I bought DAH...but are these actual tickets? Nothing is showing up in MDE.

Thanks!

HI. Maybe a weird question. We have tickets to HS after dark May 31st. I also have FPP booked for AK that day. (We have 7 day hoppers).

Any chance I can book additional FPP with DAH tickets? And I guess I should have noticed when I bought DAH...but are these actual tickets? Nothing is showing up in MDE.

Thanks!
You can’t make an extra set of FP with your DAH ticket but will be able to add a fourth at HS after you use your first 3. It is a separate ticket. You should have a confirmation email with a code to link them to MDE.

I attended on 3/30 as well and had a pretty good time. I'm a Cast Member and was able to get a discounted ticket for $60, so it was well worth it. We arrived around 8:00pm or so, I think. I didn't take notes for this one like I did for MK. We rode TSMM once with about a 10 minute wait, then re-rode and walked right on. After that we walked right onto AS2. SDD was posting around 30 minutes and it was too early in the evening to wait that long, so we headed to Sunset Blvd.

Once on RnR with a walk right into the preshow and a line as far back as the entire alleyway. Not bad, though. Then ToT with about a 10 minute wait as well. We stopped for ice cream and water then rode both again. Both were walk on this time.

After that, we headed back to TSMM and walked right on. SDD was posting around 40 minutes at this time and our feet were done for. We decided against it. We picked up some waters on the way out. We had eaten at odd times that day and weren't hungry for more snacks. We waited a while for the bus and were the only ones on. I can't remember exactly what time we left, but I want to say it was around 11pm or so.

All in all for two people

TSMM - 3
AS2 - 1
RnR - 2
ToT - 3
Water - 6 bottles
Ice Cream - 2 Mickey Bars

Oh, and we also stopped to watch the Disney Movie Magic show for about five minutes before moving on. Hardly anyone around and many people sitting to watch. The park never felt empty, but after a very busy week, 10 minutes waits are nothing. Again, people expecting to have the park to themselves and walk onto everything will be disappointed. But if you're just looking to relax and be able to ride your favorites multiple times, it works well.

We were there on the 30th. Overall it was a decent experience but we were expecting the little to no wait times. We read blogs, watched videos and debated on buying a ticket and decided to go ahead because everything we read and watched no one waited more than 10 minutes. This was a quick 4 day trip and my nephews 1st so wanted to make the most out if it. Once you hit Toy story you found the crowds, there were even lines to meet the characters! We only met Buzz and gave up on characters the only ride we rode twice was TSM and wasted a total of 45 minutes in lines. In normal circumstances that's great but not what we paid for and only had 3 hours to fit everything in. We did get all the rides in but ran out of time to fit anymore characters meets in. Still on the fence if we would do another After Hours event again.

We were there on the 30th. Overall it was a decent experience but we were expecting the little to no wait times. We read blogs, watched videos and debated on buying a ticket and decided to go ahead because everything we read and watched no one waited more than 10 minutes. This was a quick 4 day trip and my nephews 1st so wanted to make the most out if it. Once you hit Toy story you found the crowds, there were even lines to meet the characters! We only met Buzz and gave up on characters the only ride we rode twice was TSM and wasted a total of 45 minutes in lines. In normal circumstances that's great but not what we paid for and only had 3 hours to fit everything in. We did get all the rides in but ran out of time to fit anymore characters meets in. Still on the fence if we would do another After Hours event again.

Please email them about your experience. If they don't get complaints about crowd levels with these events, they have no reason to be cautious about over selling them. We have this scheduled and I don't expect no waits, but I will certainly complain about waits longer than 15-20 minutes. I don't get in lines longer than 30 on a regular park ticket. I certainly don't expect to do that on an event I paid a lot of money for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter