**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Have Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, and Stormtrooper Donald been used at all for meet and greets at DHS since Star Wars Weekends ended in 2015? I was hoping there might be a chance of them appearing for the DAH event on May the 4th.

I went to SW Weekends on a Friday in 2010 and 2013, and I was able to meet all of them except for Donald on both days. I really want a picture with Stormtrooper Donald.

LucasFilm has put a stop to that. They don't want Disney characters dressed up in Star Wars garb anymore.

We went to HS for DAH on March 30th. Had been to MK DAH on the 28th so was pretty excited. It started out badly because somehow my 7 day PH ticket got activated and it was a rigamarole to get that sort of fixed (another thread topic for sure!). Then we waited at the front of the DAH line until 6:40. At that point we were let in and we rushed to our RnRC FPP. Made it with seconds to spare! ToT was limping along at 120 minute wait and one elevator so I was glad we had a FPP for that as well. My sister really wanted to do the Muppet 3D so we trekked across the park for it. Too bad it closed at 6pm. Park was still packed at this point (7:30 or so). My sisters wanted to see F! so they used FPP 3 for that and got great seats. I waited to meet up with a Liner friend so we sat way at that back for F! It was so packed! After F! My sisters didn't follow the plan so I waited until 9:30 looking for them. Then we did RnRC again with very little wait. We headed over to TSL after that and walked onto TSMM. Took tons of pics. Walked right onto *** and was surprised at how much we got body checked by our ride partner! Took more pics. SDD was 40 minute wait every time I looked but we decided to take the plunge and got in line. It was 30+ actual minutes wait. Really liked the ride but no one was willing to wait in that line again so we left TSL. Next stop was ST. No wait at all besides walking through the queue. After this, we watched the projection show on the Theatre and then walked to the store to buy souvenirs. (it was 11:45 by the time we walked to the store).

Snack lines were longer and slower than we expected. The lines for SDD were longer than we expected. Everything else was pretty speedy but there really wasn't much to do there. Not sure it was money well spent but it's too late now. I don't think I'd do it again but I'm not going to boycott Disney or anything crazy like that.

Has anyone had any trouble with FP messing up on other days when you make FP for a DAH night? I know it was a problem before with FP's getting deleted on other days. Just wondered if the system is still doing that?

I'm really disappointed Pixar Place closes at 6:30. I would have liked to go do the character meets and grab a Jack-Jack Cookie Num Num during the couple of hours I'll have before the event starts. I'm still trying to decide what I'll do during that time, but I guess I'll probably go check out Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy if the wait isn't bad, grab a cupcake or two at Trolley Car Cafe, and then hang out at Baseline Tap House before I go grab a spot for A Galactic Spectacular.

We did the Early morning magic event at DHS last week. Lines at SDD were about 20 minutes. I just booked the DAH for 5/24. We get much more time than the morning hour and more attractions are open. Looking forward to this!

Are the regular vendors still open during this event? Or said another more direct way, are there places open to buy beer?

Regular vendors no, but they do have at a few carts around setup as a mini bar with beer and other drinks available. They’re a bit hard to find though, have to keep a close eye out. The lunchbox place in TSL has beer too.

Can someone help me understand the cut-over process for this event. We are planning to be in this part on June 21st for sure, and are considering adding on DAH. Park Closes at 9:00, SW:GS fireworks at 9:30.

Will TSL and other areas be open with full ride capability until 9:00 PM for non-ticketed guests? If you are in line for SDD at 9:00 can you stay in line and ride?

I assume fireworks are also available to non DAH guests on a regular ticket, and essentially they won't let people without wristbands in ride lines or M&G lines after 9:00 PM?

Can someone help me understand the cut-over process for this event. We are planning to be in this part on June 21st for sure, and are considering adding on DAH. Park Closes at 9:00, SW:GS fireworks at 9:30.

Will TSL and other areas be open with full ride capability until 9:00 PM for non-ticketed guests? If you are in line for SDD at 9:00 can you stay in line and ride?

I assume fireworks are also available to non DAH guests on a regular ticket, and essentially they won't let people without wristbands in ride lines or M&G lines after 9:00 PM?

Correct on all counts.

We went on 3/30, had a great time. Weather was perfect. Picked up a FP for ToT for 7:30 so we did that and then went to Fantasmic before event started. We walked out of Fantasmic 2 minute early to beat the crowd out. We did RnR 3x in a row with no wait the first 2 times, a 6 min wait the third time. Then went back to ToT with a 4 min wait. Stop and grabbed snacks and a restroom break, did ST as a walk on. Arrived at Toystory Land at 10:10pm, waited 4 min for Toy Story Mania and then waited 6 minutes for Alien Saucers. Arrived at SDD at 10:39pm with posted wait time of 40 minutes but we waited 21 minutes (we were a party of 3) and then got back in line at 11:03pm with posted wait time of 30 minutes but waited 18 minutes. Grabbed more snacks and left park at 11:35pm.
All in all, we enjoyed ourselves minus the SDD wait. We calculated we ate about $60 worth of snacks and drinks so that made us feel a bit better ;).
Total of 9 rides in 2.5 hrs (we left 30min early) during the DAH event itself - RNR x3, ToTx1, STx1, TSMMx1, AS x1, SDDx2. No characters for us. I am sure we could have squeezed in another TSMM or two but it was late for us!!

BTW, I do want to add of our 4 full days in the parks and riding every ride including all the headliners, SDD during DAH was our longest wait of the entire trip, irony is it was during an event that we paid extra money NOT to wait.

We went to HS for DAH on March 30th. Had been to MK DAH on the 28th so was pretty excited. It started out badly because somehow my 7 day PH ticket got activated and it was a rigamarole to get that sort of fixed (another thread topic for sure!). Then we waited at the front of the DAH line until 6:40. At that point we were let in and we rushed to our RnRC FPP. Made it with seconds to spare! ToT was limping along at 120 minute wait and one elevator so I was glad we had a FPP for that as well. My sister really wanted to do the Muppet 3D so we trekked across the park for it. Too bad it closed at 6pm. Park was still packed at this point (7:30 or so). My sisters wanted to see F! so they used FPP 3 for that and got great seats. I waited to meet up with a Liner friend so we sat way at that back for F! It was so packed! After F! My sisters didn't follow the plan so I waited until 9:30 looking for them. Then we did RnRC again with very little wait. We headed over to TSL after that and walked onto TSMM. Took tons of pics. Walked right onto *** and was surprised at how much we got body checked by our ride partner! Took more pics. SDD was 40 minute wait every time I looked but we decided to take the plunge and got in line. It was 30+ actual minutes wait. Really liked the ride but no one was willing to wait in that line again so we left TSL. Next stop was ST. No wait at all besides walking through the queue. After this, we watched the projection show on the Theatre and then walked to the store to buy souvenirs. (it was 11:45 by the time we walked to the store).

Snack lines were longer and slower than we expected. The lines for SDD were longer than we expected. Everything else was pretty speedy but there really wasn't much to do there. Not sure it was money well spent but it's too late now. I don't think I'd do it again but I'm not going to boycott Disney or anything crazy like that.
:scared1:

This happens way too often! (Maybe not the 120 minute wait, but the "one elevator" thing.) More than SDD, we are looking forward to riding ToT about 75 times AT NIGHT(!) so I will be very glad we went to DAH if there is another 120 minute wait during regular hours.

:scared1:

This happens way too often! (Maybe not the 120 minute wait, but the "one elevator" thing.) More than SDD, we are looking forward to riding ToT about 75 times AT NIGHT(!) so I will be very glad we went to DAH if there is another 120 minute wait during regular hours.

I think that was while the park was still open. And ToT is going through a refurb right now, where they are only operating one elevator at a time while they work on the other.
EDIT: Okay, now I re-read your post and see you realized that was during regular hours. I'll leave my post alone though because of the refurb info.

I think that was while the park was still open. And ToT is going through a refurb right now, where they are only operating one elevator at a time while they work on the other.
EDIT: Okay, now I re-read your post and see you realized that was during regular hours. I'll leave my post alone though because of the refurb info.
Good to know! :)

Thanks for the helpful info in this forum! Anyone know if you can make advance Fast Pass selections for 7pm and later if you link a DAH ticket with no HS or other parks that day?

Thanks for the helpful info in this forum! Anyone know if you can make advance Fast Pass selections for 7pm and later if you link a DAH ticket with no HS or other parks that day?

Yes, you should be able to. You can even make your first one for 6:30-7:30 if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter