**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Back from tonight’s event. Wow, it was quite different from January! No “empty park” feeling in the non-TSL areas like last time. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s spring break, tonight sold out or if they’re maybe selling more tickets now (?) but it was wayyy more crowded than it was in January.

Was it a lot less crowded than normal? Yes. Did we still get a lot done and have fun? Yes. Would I pay for this again if the crowds were the same? No. That’s factoring in the AP discount too. The thing that upset me was SDD. We went up to it several times and the wait was 40 minutes. That isn’t cutting it when my son has significant sensory issues in lines and (unless I missed something) they don’t let you use a DAS for after hours. If they are going to keep these kind of numbers for events, they need to make sure disability accommodations are available.

Total ride count once after hours started: Star Tours (x1), ToT (x2) Olaf meet, Buzz meet, Midway Mania (x1), AS2 (x1). Nothing aside from Star Tours was a walk-on. The 2nd time we rode ToT the line was only 5 min & the first time was ~15ish. Midway was only 5 min too. Again-we had fun, I just wouldn’t pay for this again with that many people in attendance.

Back from tonight’s event. Wow, it was quite different from January! No “empty park” feeling in the non-TSL areas like last time. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s spring break, tonight sold out or if they’re maybe selling more tickets now (?) but it was wayyy more crowded than it was in January.

Was it a lot less crowded than normal? Yes. Did we still get a lot done and have fun? Yes. Would I pay for this again if the crowds were the same? No. That’s factoring in the AP discount too. The thing that upset me was SDD. We went up to it several times and the wait was 40 minutes. That isn’t cutting it when my son has significant sensory issues in lines and (unless I missed something) they don’t let you use a DAS for after hours. If they are going to keep these kind of numbers for events, they need to make sure disability accommodations are available.

Total ride count once after hours started: Star Tours (x1), ToT (x2) Olaf meet, Buzz meet, Midway Mania (x1), AS2 (x1). Nothing aside from Star Tours was a walk-on. The 2nd time we rode ToT the line was only 5 min & the first time was ~15ish. Midway was only 5 min too. Again-we had fun, I just wouldn’t pay for this again with that many people in attendance.

This is my fear with DAH. They did the same thing with the holidays parties- years ago they were great, now they’re incredibly oversold. I won’t do a 40 minute wait on a regular day and certainly do not expect to see that kind of a wait for an event that touts low crowds and short lines.

They shouldn’t have the capacity set so high that you have to worry if your date sells out. I have no doubt our May 4 date will be a sell out. I’m willing to give it one try, but I’ll also make my complaints known if I experience what you describe. I’m also shocked with those wait times that you can’t use DAS.

Definitely email guest services about your experience and mention that you went in January. We had a similar issue last year in July and they were very generous to us. It’s not guaranteed they will compensate you but they need to know how you felt about the event so they can hopefully fix it. A 40 minute wait for a ride is not acceptable at dah.

The 'official' park entry time per Disney is 7:00 pm, regardless of the actual start time of the Disney After Hours event.

A timing strategy question: I have the Weekday Select AP this year, and decided to get DAH at DHS when it is currently offered on Saturdays (I go April 6).

Because my AP does not allow me to enter the theme parks on weekends, I hope someone can answer these questions:

1. Will I still be able to park at DHS using my AP without getting charged? The few times I get a weekend off work to go to Disney, I park at the Springs, so have never tested free parking in the other lots.

2. Any guesses as to what time I’ll be allowed into the park? It’s a rare combination, I realize, to try to do a Saturday DAH with a weekday-only AP. If I arrive at 6 or 6:30 for the 7 p.m. official entry time, will I stand there, watching everyone else enter the park, until the actual 9 p.m. start of the event?

I suppose I will find out for myself April 6. If no one here knows, I will hope for the best, and hope there’s seating if I must wait. :)

Should we take a chance on a 6:45 ADR at Sci Fi? I know 7:00 is the posted time to enter.

Personally, I wouldn't. Chances are the restaurant would let you in a little late, but I just don't take chances. I don't think they'll let you in early though.

We were there last night. We had a great time. Rode SDD(3), TOT (3), RNRC (1), and TSM (4), We were able to get several ice cream treats, drinks, and popcorn, and great photo ops. I would have never thought it was sold out last night. We were able to ride everything we wanted several times and were able to sit and relax some. I would definitely do it again.

Except next time no RNRC, :crazy2:

We were there last night. We had a great time. Rode SDD(3), TOT (3), RNRC (1), and TSM (4), We were able to get several ice cream treats, drinks, and popcorn, and great photo ops. I would have never thought it was sold out last night. We were able to ride everything we wanted several times and were able to sit and relax some. I would definitely do it again.

Thanks for posting! Glad to hear you had a great time with a sold out event.

Thanks for the report. if you don't mind me asking, what did you experience in terms of wait lines?

So you didn't experience the same terrible SDD wait times someone else mentioned?

Have Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, and Stormtrooper Donald been used at all for meet and greets at DHS since Star Wars Weekends ended in 2015? I was hoping there might be a chance of them appearing for the DAH event on May the 4th.

I went to SW Weekends on a Friday in 2010 and 2013, and I was able to meet all of them except for Donald on both days. I really want a picture with Stormtrooper Donald.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!