**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So...dumb question. If I purchase DAH at regular price and then upgrade my park hopper to AP while I’m there, will I be able to ask for a credit for the difference in AP pricing?

So...dumb question. If I purchase DAH at regular price and then upgrade my park hopper to AP while I’m there, will I be able to ask for a credit for the difference in AP pricing?
I did get a gift card for the difference for 5 of us last week, but YMMV. I upgraded my DS7 to an AP at the IG GR, (bought my AP online after I bought DAH) I asked about a credit, he re figured the cost, and gave me the gift card. :)

Most folks have generally reported the same as @TISHLOVESDISNEY. If you have a CM that won’t credit the difference, probably worth trying again later. :-)

So...those of you still waiting and hoping for summer dates....

Assuming the event continues into August, are you expecting that the Friday nights will continue? Or a return to Saturday nights?

I did get a gift card for the difference for 5 of us last week, but YMMV. I upgraded my DS7 to an AP at the IG GR, (bought my AP online after I bought DAH) I asked about a credit, he re figured the cost, and gave me the gift card. :)

I assume it's the same if you've purchased AP's but won't be able to activate and get the code until we are on site.

I assume it's the same if you've purchased AP's but won't be able to activate and get the code until we are on site.
I was able to purchase as an AP holder even though I only have a certificate/voucher. If you have it linked in MDE, just log in and you'll see AP rates

So, our original plan (after many iterations) was to stay one night pre-cruise at the Poly and enjoy the pool and HEA fireworks from the beach. Now, I'm thinking about adding HS DAH. We just did HS EMM back in October and will be back for a November trip to all four parks. Would you choose DAH now or just enjoy the Poly? Let me just say, if MK DAH were that night I would do that in a heartbeat but I'm on the fence about HS DAH. We've never done any DAH if that makes a difference. Family of four with two daughters.

I just booked for June 14 which is the night before we leave on a cruise! We’re staying at BWV and I heard the DCL transportation usually picks up late morning so the boys can sleep in a bit and then nap on the bus to Port Canaveral!

So, our original plan (after many iterations) was to stay one night pre-cruise at the Poly and enjoy the pool and HEA fireworks from the beach. Now, I'm thinking about adding HS DAH. We just did HS EMM back in October and will be back for a November trip to all four parks. Would you choose DAH now or just enjoy the Poly? Let me just say, if MK DAH were that night I would do that in a heartbeat but I'm on the fence about HS DAH. We've never done any DAH if that makes a difference. Family of four with two daughters.
I love dah, but if you’re doing a cruise the next day I would just hang out at the poly and take it easy

So...those of you still waiting and hoping for summer dates....

Assuming the event continues into August, are you expecting that the Friday nights will continue? Or a return to Saturday nights?

I don’t think anyone really knows. But, I just moved my flight up from a Friday to a Thursday on the chance that there will be an event at one of the parks on a Friday.

I know this has probably already been asked and answered, sorry for asking again if it has. I'm debating on if we should buy the memory maker. Do they have photographers at the character meets and have the ride photos still running?

Last edited:
I know this has probably already been asked and answered, sorry for asking again if it has. I'm debating on if we should by the memory maker. Do they have photographers at the character meets and have the ride photos still running?

IMO, with the abundance of charachter photo opps at DHS (if you’re into charachter photos), it’s worth it if an option for you.

Just catching up after the website time errors for the new dates earlier this week. To avoid any confusion, all May & June dates have 9:30pm-12:30am event times with 9pm park closing times (based on the current schedule).

New table below has been updated on Page 1.

May 2019.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter