**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Bought tickets for April 3rd, hoping if we leave Pandora for last hour of event the line won't be more than 20 min for each ride. At what time would RoL be for that day? 9:30pm
If I’m being completely honest I would go to pandora about two hours before the event ends. We went around an hour before it ended and I think everyone else had the same idea. Our night was a little different because something was clearly going on with the ride, but if I went again I would want to make sure I get to ride as much as I want

If I’m being completely honest I would go to pandora about two hours before the event ends. We went around an hour before it ended and I think everyone else had the same idea. Our night was a little different because something was clearly going on with the ride, but if I went again I would want to make sure I get to ride as much as I want
so maybe from 8:30 to 9:30pm Dinosaur and Ee and then RoL (we know it might be a waste of 15 min but I really enjoy the show and the other 2 in my party have never watched it) and then head to Pandora.
Anyone know at what time is the very last Tree of Life Awakening?

We will be in Disney 9/8-9/15. It looks like AK will only be open until 8pm with RoL at 8:15. With sunset at 7:36 and twilight a good 1/2 after that it looks like we will not be able to see ANY of the beautiful night activities - ToL, Pandora, etc. Is the only way to see Animal Kingdom at night with an 8:00 closing during daylight savings time going to be an after hours event? Am I missing something here?

We will be in Disney 9/8-9/15. It looks like AK will only be open until 8pm with RoL at 8:15. With sunset at 7:36 and twilight a good 1/2 after that it looks like we will not be able to see ANY of the beautiful night activities - ToL, Pandora, etc. Is the only way to see Animal Kingdom at night with an 8:00 closing during daylight savings time going to be an after hours event? Am I missing something here?

If I was a betting girl, AK hours will extend, at least a few nights a week, to try to entice some people away from SW:GE.

We’ll be there April 3 as well, so I’m watching these threads for info on what order to do things.

I hope more will be added soon. I've been stalking the "Special Events and Tickets" section every morning to see if they added any dates. We hope to attend at least 1 DAH event when we go this summer.
When I go to “Buy Tickets” in the app on my iPhone, it’s showing the Animal Kingdom After Hours goes until June 2019 but no dates show up to purchase on the calendar for May or June. Maybe they’re in the process of loading?

When I go to “Buy Tickets” in the app on my iPhone, it’s showing the Animal Kingdom After Hours goes until June 2019 but no dates show up to purchase on the calendar for May or June. Maybe they’re in the process of loading?
It's been like that since sometime on Thursday afternoon. Hopefully we'll get new dates soon!

Bought tickets for April 3rd, hoping if we leave Pandora for last hour of event the line won't be more than 20 min for each ride. At what time would RoL be for that day? 9:30pm

One of the more common 'complaints' about DAK DAH has been just how long the total experience time is for FoP... meaning, from the second you walk in the queue, whatever wait you have, the various pre-shows, the ride itself, and the walk out just takes a really long time. Also highly variable on if any levels are closed/offline/unstaffed. Reports have generally been 20-40 minute total experience times (20 being if you're lucky). If you're going for more than one or two FoP rides, I might be inclined to build in more time.

Curious to hear how it goes for you on 4/3! I have been pondering trying to find a way to go that night too, as I still haven't been yet!

One of the more common 'complaints' about DAK DAH has been just how long the total experience time is for FoP... meaning, from the second you walk in the queue, whatever wait you have, the various pre-shows, the ride itself, and the walk out just takes a really long time. Also highly variable on if any levels are closed/offline/unstaffed. Reports have generally been 20-40 minute total experience times (20 being if you're lucky). If you're going for more then one or two FoP rides, I might be inclined to build in more time.

Curious to hear how it goes for you on 4/3! I have been pondering trying to find a way to go that night too, as I still haven't been yet!
thanks, yeah I think I will give at least an hour and a half at Pandora, the person that has never done Pandora has no desire to do NRJ but if we can squeeze it in I will but it's not a priority. Since she's never been of FoP I'm sure she'll "enjoy" the long pre shows ;)
If you are coming lmk maybe we can meet

Re: when to head over to Pandora - on our night 3/20, they asked us to stay away from Pandora until at least 9:00 to give them time to get day guests out. I'm not sure how many people listened, but that may have been part of why later in the night the lines were a bit longer than some have reported here (also it was sold out, so--).

Anyone know at what time is the very last Tree of Life Awakening?

I can report that when I attended the AK DAH in early March, I was leaving the park at 11:25 pm (and the event was 8:30 - 11:30 pm that evening)...the Tree of Life Awakening was still going on, as a lot of the guests had gathered in front of it to watch it before exiting. Hope that info helps. :)

WDWMagic is reporting the April 3 DAH at AK is sold out. I can still put tickets in my cart but I'm too chicken to go farther than that, so I'm not sure what's going on. I do seem to recall one other time where a website had reported an event as sold out and people were able to put tickets in their cart but would get an error when they went to check out, so maybe that's what's happening here. Either way, I'm guessing it's either sold out or will be very shortly.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/dis...rs-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-now-sold-out.htm

WDWMagic is reporting the April 3 DAH at AK is sold out. I can still put tickets in my cart but I'm too chicken to go farther than that, so I'm not sure what's going on. I do seem to recall one other time where a website had reported an event as sold out and people were able to put tickets in their cart but would get an error when they went to check out, so maybe that's what's happening here. Either way, I'm guessing it's either sold out or will be very shortly.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/dis...rs-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-now-sold-out.htm

Lol, I’m not chicken (I was looking for a reason to go anyway), but it wouldn’t let me buy tickets. Sold out I guess!

Really would love to know the guest count at DAK. The least discussed/talked about DAH on the DIS and the most sellouts of this DAH season. Seems like they have to be capping things to manage FoP, to some extent?

Isn't Apr 3 that last date showing on the calendar right now? I sure hope they release more dates soon..... anyone know how many months they normally release at a time? We aren't until end of September, and of course it will be crowded with SW:GE opening,so really want to do some before/after hours events.

Isn't Apr 3 that last date showing on the calendar right now? I sure hope they release more dates soon..... anyone know how many months they normally release at a time? We aren't until end of September, and of course it will be crowded with SW:GE opening,so really want to do some before/after hours events.

Yes, 4/3 is the last available date at the moment. This series of dates was announced 11/5/18. No prior history with the DAK version of DAH, so TBD what’s in store for the future.

This is the first time they have done DAH at AK (and HS) so it’s hard to say when they might announce more dates. Just keep checking back!

They announced Dec-April 3 all at once if that helps.

Edit: posted at the same time as @GADisneyDad14! Haha

Yes, 4/3 is the last available date at the moment. This series of dates was announced 11/5/18. No prior history with the DAK version of DAH, so TBD what’s in store for the future.

This is the first time they have done DAH at AK (and HS) so it’s hard to say when they might announce more dates. Just keep checking back!

They announced Dec-April 3 all at once if that helps.

Edit: posted at the same time as @GADisneyDad14! Haha

THANK YOU BOTH :)

so if they do about 4 months again, it will take it into mid-summer.... if they do it again.... :scratchin

I guess the last date IS sold out. The calendar is no longer available on the website. I hope that means they will release new dates very soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter