**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

New date table has been added to Page 1.

Notable, 4 of these 6 new dates don't have the 30 minute "buffer" between park closing and DAH event start time. For comparison, the new DHS DAH dates have also lost the 30 minute buffer, assuming posted event time and park hours are accurate.

May 2019.png

And Disney - if you're watching - can we have some weekend or close to weekend DAK DAH dates pretty please? The Tuesdays and Wednesdays to date are TOUGH for me. Please and thank you! :rotfl:

My current plan is to book DAH at MK for sure, but wait a bit on DHS to see if the hours change.

For AK, I'm going to wait until we get there so we can decide if it's worth it. EE is the only ride some in my party like as of now, though we haven't experienced Pandora yet. That could be the game-changer. We have AK scheduled as our first day (Sunday, May 12, Mother's Day), and thanks to a glitch I was able to score early fastpasses on FOP for that morning. Hopefully the May 14 event doesn't sell out before then. If it does, oh well.

I am happy for all the May/June people. You have been waiting a long time!
I am concerned though that in the historical data for all three DAH shows they added dates for the whole summer.
Thoughts on if this means no DAH for the rest of the summer or do you think July-September will be added soon?
Thanks!

Yay for May and June-goers!! Boo for us July peeps. I pretty much assumed it was a no go for us July 4th week, but was holding out hope for maybe Tuesday 2nd.
My kids had so much fun doing this one, and riding EE over and over.
Back to the planning...

Does this event cause a major increase in evening crowds at DHS? We're planning on our first evening at DHS hitting a few rides and it happens to be an event night. I was hoping to pick up some good 4th FP picks later (after 7pm) after we use the ones I pre-booked.

We are booked for After Hours at Animal Kingdom then next day Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land :-)
Hope I don't regret booking back to back but I didn't have much choice we are only there May 6th to 11th. We will def be doing down time at the pool so we should be ok :rolleyes1 I hope ;)

Bought tickets for myself and my dad for May 7th the minute I woke up. (I literally have been checking every morning praying for May dates lol).

We are going to Universal for a few days but I really wanted my dad to experience FOP cause he loves the sensation of flying and he hasn’t been to AK since our family went over 10 years ago. I rode FOP last year when I went to Disney with a friend and knew he would love FOP immediately however he HATES lines and we couldn’t afford to add on an extra day to our Universal vaca so this is perfect!

Bought tickets for myself and my dad for May 7th the minute I woke up. (I literally have been checking every morning praying for May dates lol).

We are going to Universal for a few days but I really wanted my dad to experience FOP cause he loves the sensation of flying and he hasn’t been to AK since our family went over 10 years ago. I rode FOP last year when I went to Disney with a friend and knew he would love FOP immediately however he HATES lines and we couldn’t afford to add on an extra day to our Universal vaca so this is perfect!

That sounds nice! This trip is just my daughter and I, I'm hoping she can ride FOP as many times as she wants and can. I am fine sitting and waiting for her but I am wondering if they will let me walk through the line part but not ride it. She rode it last year and said how awesome it is, I just don't think I could handle it :upsidedow. When I ride Soarin I have to close my eyes when the ride ascends and descends.
We will be there the same day, have a great trip! :thumbsup2

That sounds nice! This trip is just my daughter and I, I'm hoping she can ride FOP as many times as she wants and can. I am fine sitting and waiting for her but I am wondering if they will let me walk through the line part but not ride it. She rode it last year and said how awesome it is, I just don't think I could handle it :upsidedow. When I ride Soarin I have to close my eyes when the ride ascends and descends.
You should be able to walk through the line and when you get to the ride mention you won’t be riding.

We are booked for After Hours at Animal Kingdom then next day Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land :-)
Hope I don't regret booking back to back but I didn't have much choice we are only there May 6th to 11th. We will def be doing down time at the pool so we should be ok :rolleyes1 I hope ;)

I’m doing the same thing for my short solo trip in May, plus EMM that morning at the MK. My trip is only three nights so every extra hour and every Fastpass is precious! Plus doing special events leaves more time in the afternoon for rest breaks. I figure there will be plenty of time to catch up on sleep once I get home. :crazy:

I am happy for all the May/June people. You have been waiting a long time!
I am concerned though that in the historical data for all three DAH shows they added dates for the whole summer.
Thoughts on if this means no DAH for the rest of the summer or do you think July-September will be added soon?
Thanks!

i'm worried about this too! I wonder why they only added 2 months instead of the whole summer. Hopefully it's not because of SW:GE. Hopefully they'll add more dates next month or something! I really really want to do DAH during my August trip.

If they let you walk through the ride you definitely should! It's a really cool queue-especially the laboratory at the end.

WE were there 3/27. Long day up at 5:30am to get DD from CB because her softball team has an early flight. Since we were up anyway did the HS early event got in her two favs at HS RnR and ToT. Came back to room where we napped until my DS rain delayed game started

After the game DD and I headed over to AK and asked if we could eat an hour earlier at Tiffins 6 ressies. No problem switching times so we ate and then went on Safari with my 4th FP. Afterwards DD got a henna tattoo and we headed over to Primevil whirl. Almost Last in line before they closed park to regulars. We then walked over to Dinosuar they were letting people on even though it was that transition period. Rode twice then over to Pandora said FoP was 20 min. There was no line we rode it once then over to Navi 5 min wait back to FoP another 20 min. DD didn’t want to ride it a third time said it would take away
from the ride. Got a bottle of water but both of us were full so no snacks. Went to Everest. They were showing RofL so we watched that. It was beautiful. Then rode Everest 3 times. Afterwards back to Dinosaur and then Ubered back to condo. It was a wonderful night. Lite crowds got to ride everything DD loved at this park. I don’t think we could ever go back to visiting parks during regular hours at spring break again.

Felt very lucky we could afford this ticket.

i'm worried about this too! I wonder why they only added 2 months instead of the whole summer. Hopefully it's not because of SW:GE. Hopefully they'll add more dates next month or something! I really really want to do DAH during my August trip.
I absolutely believe that SWGE opening has everything to do with how things are being released. Count me as three that is sitting on pins and needles trying to plan our 9/8-9/15 trip. It appears that historically AH at AK is on a Tuesday with Wednesdays thrown in. During that week Epcot has EMH until 11pm on Tuesday and MK has EMH until 12am on Wednesday. We have a dessert party booked for HEA on the Wednesday. I truly believe that Disney is waiting to see what the crowds are going to be at DL or still planning on how they want to disperse crowds in WDW - we might very well have more than one AK after hours per week.

How will we use our digital reservation for the DAH event at AK on April 3rd if we don't have magicbands?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter