• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

I ordered the Pride MB+ just before 2 am eastern on 7/27 for our Aug 31 resort reservation and they still say "In Progress".
Ordered ours at 1:28 am eastern and we arrive Friday and still in progress too so I am going to have to talk to them at Pop and try to get vouchers

I finally sync my + with my Iphone 12 Promax. Does the park tickets and restaurant reservation automatically sync to the Magicband + or do I need to link those manually? Also I got my My son a Magicband 2 and I already signed it to his name but I'm managing it through my account since he will be 4 next week (Celebrating his Bday at Disney). Do I still need to sync his band with my Iphone? That part I could not figure out how to do.

Another question I had is how long does the Magicband 2 battery last and is there a way to change the battery in these?

I finally sync my + with my Iphone 12 Promax. Does the park tickets and restaurant reservation automatically sync to the Magicband + or do I need to link those manually? Also I got my My son a Magicband 2 and I already signed it to his name but I'm managing it through my account since he will be 4 next week (Celebrating his Bday at Disney). Do I still need to sync his band with my Iphone? That part I could not figure out how to do.

Another question I had is how long does the Magicband 2 battery last and is there a way to change the battery in these?
Nothing is stored directly on a MagicBand (any version). Everything is linked together using MDE. Any park tickets are accessible to any MagicBand that's linked to the same MDE profile.

If the MagicBand 2 is linked to your sons profile in MDE, nothing else needs to be done for that version of MB. The battery in the MB2 is not replaceable and should last about 2 years.

Even after the battery in the MagicBand (any version) has died, it's still usable for any function where you need to touch the MB to a reader (park entry, queue entry, room entry, etc.).

After over 2 weeks our Magic Band+'s have finally been shipped from Florida. We leave on the 19th super late or on the 20th super early so I think that should be plenty of time for them to get here. They will hopefully get picked up by USPS today and USPS works Saturdays so that is a good 6 days for them to get here. Yay! Last night I was really getting nervous and starting to assume that they were not even going to be shipped in time so I was looking at all of my options. The guy in chat said it's no big deal, we can just use cards this trip and use our bands on our next trip. First, you can't play the bounty hunter game or hear the statues with the card and second, there will likely never be another trip to Disney for us. My kids are 18 and 21 so I doubt Disney will go out of their way to send magic our way since my kids are older. He told us we could get a refund but I was not too sure about that especially since the bands were engraved. Then I thought that if our bands get to our house while we were at Disney we could buy new ones at the parks and sell the old ones but he said they would automatically be linked and he didn't say they could be unlinked so I am not sure that would have worked either. Then he said I could call the post office after they ship and have them sent to the hotel instead. I am not sure that would have been possible either. He also said not to bother calling their customer service because they can't do anything until the bands shipped. The number he gave me to call is 877-560-6477. He said it was Merchandise Guest Services and has nothing to do with Disney. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about that. I won't be breathing a sigh of relief until they are actually here but at least they are on their way. Finally!!

Last edited:

Can you still purchase the original Magic bands? Want to get one for my daughter for the parks (we will use our apple watches), and the MB+ features are of no interest to me.
Sort of a follow up - can you also still get the customizable MBs at the parks? My kids designed some last time but it was the last day of our trip so it didn't make sense to buy them then.

How long does it take to charge the MB+?
When I got mine in the mail on the + it was pretty much fully charged but again I have the design one (My dad). I should of got the Firework one It's ok I can always pick one up this weekend since I be in Disney.

From searching on another website
"It took about 90 minutes for our MagicBand+ to charge from dead to a “Full” status as represented in the app. Now, as we continue to suspect, not all “Full” statuses are created equal. There are two green light statuses as represented by the MagicBand+ while charging. The first green status still reads “Full” on the app, but the green lights only cover half of the puck ring. A second green status is represented by the full puck ring turning green. To reach a full green, it took about 2 hours of charging."

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long a full charge of the MagicBand+ will last? Is this something we need to charge every night, or every other, etc.? Thank you!

Does anyone know how long a full charge of the MagicBand+ will last? Is this something we need to charge every night, or every other, etc.? Thank you!
Disney says 2 to 3 days. But it will really depend on usage. If you do any Bounty Hunter Missions at DHS or wave at the 50th Anniversary Statues, you will want to charge it nightly. If the MB+ is paired to your smartphone using bluetooth, you can check the charge level in the MDE mobile app.

How long does it take to charge the MB+?

My band arrived barely charged. I couldn’t pair it until charged. I don’t know if it was me or the charger, but it wasn’t charging at first. If it’s blinking, it’s charging.

Once it charged, it paired via Bluetooth.

Then I had to do an update. The update took about 3 minutes. But friends have said theirs took only seconds.

I bought a solid blue.

Once paired, you can see the battery life, change color scheme, and use other settings.

Friends who have played the Bounty Hunter game in Galaxy’s Edge report their band lasted about 2 hours before needing to be recharged.

I’ll be using mine tonight for the first time.

Once I use mine, I’ll be updating post 2 with MB+ info.

Something interesting: The mb+ comes with a little leaflet. There is a QR code. When I clicked for the QR code, it gave me a link to buy radiator hoses. When dh or ds clicked it, a number showed up and nothing more. Has anyone else tried the QR code?

ETA: took about 90 minutes to charge mine once I realized the light needed to be blinking.

Something interesting: The mb+ comes with a little leaflet. There is a QR code. When I clicked for the QR code, it gave me a link to buy radiator hoses. When dh or ds clicked it, a number showed up and nothing more. Has anyone else tried the QR code?
DH's MB+ arrived a few days ago, and he scanned the QR code with his phone, with the same results you got. I showed him where to find the link in his MDE app to pair the MB+ with his phone, making the QR code irrelevant, but I wonder whether it was designed for people who buy their MB+ via the Disney Store or onsite, so it's not linked to their account yet?

DH's MB+ arrived a few days ago, and he scanned the QR code with his phone, with the same results you got. I showed him where to find the link in his MDE app to pair the MB+ with his phone, making the QR code irrelevant, but I wonder whether it was designed for people who buy their MB+ via the Disney Store or onsite, so it's not linked to their account yet?
Not sure, but either way the QR code doesn’t work, lol, unless looking for radiator hoses or the number 511282.

Do you have the link that works? I can add it to the post when I make it.

I was directed by a cm to go on my phone, click Magic Bands and more in my MDE. Read where others were directed to scan their mb with their phone to pair.

Not sure, but either way the QR code doesn’t work, lol, unless looking for radiator hoses or the number 511282.

Do you have the link that works? I can add it to the post when I make it.

I was directed by a cm to go on my phone, click Magic Bands and more in my MDE. Read where others were directed to scan their mb with their phone to pair.
No, we didn’t use a link. I showed DH how to tap the 3 lines in the MDE app then scroll down to MagicBands and More, where we found the link to tap for Link Your MagicBand or Card.

New here, looking at going to Disney for the first time at the end of this year. I've never been and my wife only went once as a child probably about 30+ years ago.

Know it will be crowded but we needed time kids would be off school and we didn't want to walk around in the Florida summer heat.

Anyways was looking at tickets on Undercover tourist and it says basically the options are to buy paper tickets or to buy electronic tickets and link them to the magic bands. I looked and saw magic bands cost about $20 a piece for the cheaper ones, so it might be wise to just get those.

My question is step by step if I buy them electronically how would I link them to my magic bands. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do it.

Also if I where to buy paper tickets and have them mailed to me is there any way they can be linked to a magic band later on.

What would happen if one of our children lost one of their magic bands while at the parks or in our hotel?

In what ways does the magic band help besides being able to use it as a ticket to get into the parks?

We are not planning on getting any dining plans, we are renting a condo off property due to the fact that we have 3 kids and need extra beds, a kitchen to cook meals and a washer/dryer to clean clothes in. We are going to be getting DAS passes when we can as 2 of our children are on the spectrum.

Sorry for so many questions, this whole thing seems complex but I wanted to do this before the kids got too old and it's something that I missed out on as a kid.

New here, looking at going to Disney for the first time at the end of this year. I've never been and my wife only went once as a child probably about 30+ years ago.

Know it will be crowded but we needed time kids would be off school and we didn't want to walk around in the Florida summer heat.

Anyways was looking at tickets on Undercover tourist and it says basically the options are to buy paper tickets or to buy electronic tickets and link them to the magic bands. I looked and saw magic bands cost about $20 a piece for the cheaper ones, so it might be wise to just get those.

My question is step by step if I buy them electronically how would I link them to my magic bands. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do it.
You should have a MDE account either in your name or in your wife's name, with the other members of your family (including the spouse who doesn't own that MDE account) listed as Family & Friends. The electronic tickets will come with a confirmation number. You follow the links in MDE for LINK A TICKET to enter that number in your MDE and then link a specific ticket to each person.

If you have a Disney resort reservation, you can buy MBs via MDE for each person, and they'll automatically be linked to that person in MDE. If you buy them from the Disney Store online or in person at WDW, you can enter the number on the back of each MB into MDE, linking each MB to the specific person it belongs to.

Having your tickets linked to each person in MDE and having the MBs linked to each person in MDE means that the tickets are linked to the MBs.
Also if I where to buy paper tickets and have them mailed to me is there any way they can be linked to a magic band later on.
See above - the paper tickets will have numbers on them. You enter each number into MDE for the person it belongs to, and they'll automatically link to the MB belonging to that person.
What would happen if one of our children lost one of their magic bands while at the parks or in our hotel?
Nothing is "on" the MB, so anyone who finds it can't do anything with it that would hurt anyone. If one of the kids loses theirs, you can buy them a new one and enter the number into MDE to link it to them, or you can get a card at the park entrance, or from the front desk, if you're staying at a Disney hotel.
In what ways does the magic band help besides being able to use it as a ticket to get into the parks?
In the parks the MBs are also used for tapping into Lightning Lanes, and ride photos will automatically link to your MDE account. If you're staying at a Disney hotel, it will unlock the door to your room. Kids love doing that! Also, you can assign a PIN number to each person who's old enough to have charging privileges, and they can charge food and merchandise purchases by tapping the MB to the reader and entering the PIN.
We are not planning on getting any dining plans, we are renting a condo off property due to the fact that we have 3 kids and need extra beds, a kitchen to cook meals and a washer/dryer to clean clothes in. We are going to be getting DAS passes when we can as 2 of our children are on the spectrum.
The DAS passes will be linked to your MBs as well. I personally believe that MBs are much more convenient than ticket cards for entering the parks and tapping into LLs. However, having our grandson lose his MB one afternoon meant that time and $ had to be spent replacing it, so depending on the ages of your kids and their reliability as far as keeping MBs on their wrists, you might find that having a parent keep possession of ticket cards and take them out to scan them when needed is better for your family.
Sorry for so many questions, this whole thing seems complex but I wanted to do this before the kids got too old and it's something that I missed out on as a kid.
Hope y'all have a lot of fun! You may have already found them, but there's a Disney for Families board and a disABILITIES board here as well that might be helpful for you.

And don't hesitate to ask more questions!

I had an issue with my son band. For some reason there was 2 of my son names that was link to my wife smart phone Disney app and my son band. Cast Member in the park helped us and had to reset my son band. The cast members are very helpful there.

I notice my band was vibrating for no reason and I was away from those Disney status. I do recommend having the band for the lightning lane. It's easier then going into the smartphone to pull it up every time you need to scan it like my wife was doing....

So we got our bands after our trip. What is it recommended we do? Should I link and update now then put into storage until next summer or charge them too? (May need to charge to update. Don’t know because we haven’t taken them out of the box. ). Just wondering what the best thing to do is with them since we won’t use for almost a year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter