Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

When MagicBand+ comes out will they replace the current MagicBands in the "Choose MagicBands" page for package reservations? Or will it be and either/or situation where you pick whether you want MB regular or MB+?
The MagicBand+ is not going to replace the current generation of MagicBands. Both will continue to be available.

So solid color Magic Bands are available at shop Disney but no pre-arrival pricing? You would think that after spending large amounts of money for rooms they could give you some kind of a break on these.

can money be allocated and loaded to the bands per kid for spending - thereby setting a limit on spending per kid? Or does it only charge to the hotel room that kid is assigned to?

can money be allocated and loaded to the bands per kid for spending - thereby setting a limit on spending per kid? Or does it only charge to the hotel room that kid is assigned to?
Unfortunately, it only charges to the CC on file at the resort. However, the charges are sorted by PIN that was used, so you could follow them on your resort folio in the MDE app.

Are there magic bands for sale at the resorts? We have been trying to order them for a long time but the options in MDE just don't really interest us. We would be completely happy with solid coloured bands. We have 10 days left to order our bands so I am not feeling hopeful. When we arrive at Port Orleans Riverside, can we pick out magic bands there? Or do we buy them at Disney Springs and bring them to the front check in desk and have them set the bands up for us? We are Canadian and we used to just pick our bands and get them at check-in as they did not deliver to Canada. We prefer the convenience of using a band over a key card (and not all of us have smart phones to unlock door). I can't seem to find our old bands from 2019. TIA

I am wondering about what to do also. Our trip is three weeks away and right now there are only 4 available online including an All star resort and Poly one and we aren’t even staying at either…..
We have bands from a 2020 trip, but they might not work for the auto memory maker feature since it’s at the two year exp for the long range battery. Are people successful using their iPhone with this magic mobile to get their photos, if their older magic bands don’t work for this feature?

Otherwise I am thinking do I just take a photo as we exit rides so I have an idea of what time we rode and just stop at a photo pass at some point to add the photos?

Are there magic bands for sale at the resorts? We have been trying to order them for a long time but the options in MDE just don't really interest us. We would be completely happy with solid coloured bands. We have 10 days left to order our bands so I am not feeling hopeful. When we arrive at Port Orleans Riverside, can we pick out magic bands there? Or do we buy them at Disney Springs and bring them to the front check in desk and have them set the bands up for us? We are Canadian and we used to just pick our bands and get them at check-in as they did not deliver to Canada. We prefer the convenience of using a band over a key card (and not all of us have smart phones to unlock door). I can't seem to find our old bands from 2019. TIA
They just released some solid colors on Shop Disney site the other day. I just checked and there are down to gray, navy, and white. They had a lot more colors the last time I checked which means they are going fast. The solid colors are 19.99. These are Magic Band 2, not plus.

I am wondering about what to do also. Our trip is three weeks away and right now there are only 4 available online including an All star resort and Poly one and we aren’t even staying at either…..
We have bands from a 2020 trip, but they might not work for the auto memory maker feature since it’s at the two year exp for the long range battery. Are people successful using their iPhone with this magic mobile to get their photos, if their older magic bands don’t work for this feature?

Otherwise I am thinking do I just take a photo as we exit rides so I have an idea of what time we rode and just stop at a photo pass at some point to add the photos?
There are a few solid color Magic Band 2s left on Shop Disney. They have been selling fast. These are not Magic Band Plus.

They just released some solid colors on Shop Disney site the other day. I just checked and there are down to gray, navy, and white. They had a lot more colors the last time I checked which means they are going fast. The solid colors are 19.99. These are Magic Band 2, not plus.
Thank you. I will look into these. I'm not sure if I can have them sent to our resort or if they will ship to Canada on time? Maybe I can address them to Port Orleans Riverside and have them when we arrive? I *think* I might be able to buy them at the gift shop at the resort if I need to, but really I have no idea. Was hoping to get them pre-arrival pricing. Thanks for letting me know about this option.

Thank you. I will look into these. I'm not sure if I can have them sent to our resort or if they will ship to Canada on time? Maybe I can address them to Port Orleans Riverside and have them when we arrive? I *think* I might be able to buy them at the gift shop at the resort if I need to, but really I have no idea. Was hoping to get them pre-arrival pricing. Thanks for letting me know about this option.
I was seeing posts that they were readily available at WDW. Not sure if your resort will have them, but maybe you could call the gift shop. Not sure of pricing.

Ok, i hope you see this in time…..I JUST checked the pre arrival site and they have a few solid color bands for $10! Black, white, blush and pink. I went ahead and ordered. Half price is good enough and shipping is free. Whew! Now hoping the order doesn’t get canceled 🙄

Ok, i hope you see this in time…..I JUST checked the pre arrival site and they have a few solid color bands for $10! Black, white, blush and pink. I went ahead and ordered. Half price is good enough and shipping is free. Whew! Now hoping the order doesn’t get canceled 🙄
Yay! Thank you. I just went and ordered now. We ordered solid white, solid black, silver sparkle and rose gold sparkle. I hope it's not canceled too - we have already had this happen to us once. Thank you:-)

Im arriving on July 27th but have other magic bands tied to my account for arrival. Am I able to purchase magic band+ on the 27th and switch everything over on the same day?

We will be in WDW in 8 days. :) Heading to Disney Springs our first night and will be in search for a magic band for our daughter. Hubby and I will be using our apple watches. What would be the best place to shop for bands at Disney Springs? Staying at ASMusic so will check their gift shop too but hoping for maybe better selection at DS. She'd love a tangled one.

Im arriving on July 27th but have other magic bands tied to my account for arrival. Am I able to purchase magic band+ on the 27th and switch everything over on the same day?

You don’t need to switch anything over. Your old magic bands will work as will the new MB +. They are all simply “keys” to access your account and you can have many duplicate “keys”. Just buy what ones you wish and link to which ever person will use each band in your account. I believe they link using your phone via Bluetooth to MDE.

We will be in WDW in 8 days. :) Heading to Disney Springs our first night and will be in search for a magic band for our daughter. Hubby and I will be using our apple watches. What would be the best place to shop for bands at Disney Springs? Staying at ASMusic so will check their gift shop too but hoping for maybe better selection at DS. She'd love a tangled one.
Pin Traders at Disney Springs has a huge selection.

In MDE, I see many MBs linked to my wife and I. But, I don't see any linked to my 2 adult sons. I see both of them in "My Family and Friends" section. But they don't show up in the MB section. I have their old MBs. If I link one (enter the ID number) will it automatically link to the correct person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter