DISmoms 3! If the Tiara fits... 5/13-5/17/11 Complete! 11/8!

Love reading about all the moms arriving! WOOT! Arrival days is the BEST!

Well Geezzem, I stay off the computer for one night and two whole pages of a NEW trip report occurs. Count me in for the fun. :yay:

Looks like you're off to a great start! I see everyone had their morning cocktail with their cheerios:thumbsup2

Upgrade to 1st class for $69??? Which airlines?

Here and subscribing!

Gotta say, I love that photo from your first trip with your family members on popsicle sticks...:rotfl:

Here!! :goodvibes Can't wait to see what happens on this trip. The suspense is already killing me! popcorn::

:wave: Joining in! Can't wait too hear all about your trip! :dance3:

Running off to read...

That's ok- that can only mean one thing....time for ROPE DROP! For the stinky yellow Mears bus- BOO!

IMG_1474.jpg

It was the strangest thing- they never showed "THE" movie- they just put on some Disney cartoons. What up wit dat??? :confused3

We had one of those too :sad2:

This is supposed to be Lucy the Elephant from Margate, NJ-

IMG_1482.jpg

Or, it could be the Coney Island elephant- but that would be very un-Disney, so we'll stick with Lucy. :thumbsup2

I say it is Lucy, too, That's what I said when I saw it on our trip and my Dad agreed, we are from Philly and my Mom used to live in/near Margate

IMG_1484.jpg

I Love this!

Great Start! The Boardwalk is so pretty

Loved your intro. Thank-you!! That means alot coming from you- you read them all!!:goodvibes
You must of been getting the first pictures up, while I posted.

This year's race with "Danskin" was Mother's Day Weekend.
"Trek's" race was suppose to be Labor Day weekend, but they cancelled with WDW and moved it over to Clear Water--FL. The whole point was doing the Triathlon at WDW. So now I am shooting for next May.

I am so sorry- I have a lot of friends who do that tri here at Sandy Hook in Sept. I hope next year stays at WDW.:wizard:

Comment-AirTran used to have upgrades for $39 online. We figured it was cheaper to upgrade than pay for luggage. Luggage is included with the upgrade. Anyways, AirTran changed the fee to $99.

I have flown AT once, to my MIL's in FLA- and took advantage of that at the gate. Bigger seat was nice.

You have to be a Dis'er to get this.:rotfl:
IMG_1472.jpg

Yea, I guess so!! :rotfl:

:banana::banana:WOO HOO!!! Never fear, I am here.....complete with all my inane comments, a few pictures (though I can't quite compete with Ellen), and quite possibly a kleenex or two as I struggle through life!!! (or maybe I'm just loony tunes :confused3) Looking forward to reliving the laughs:yay:!!!!!

I'm looking forward to it to, Joanie!! :rotfl2: Love you- see you at 1, just finished your macaroni!

Marking my place and will be back to read in the am. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

YAY! :banana: Thanks for joining in!

Was wondering when this was going to start! Can't wait to read along.

Hey Sally!! I have been soooo busy lately (and will continue to be until school ends) so that accounts for the delay somewhat- also that it was making me sad that I won't be back for 6 months (well- 5 months now! :goodvibes See? Flying by!). Not that that is so terrible AT ALL, but this DVC thing has put me in a every few months mode- used to be every 2 years before. LOVE my DVC!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!! You have started your report!

So excited :banana:. Now I gotta go get caught up!

Hi Chris!! So happy you found us!! :dance3:

I've been waiting for this and I MUST remember to get the "fake" monorail shot on my next trip. It was kinda hard this time since I was traveling solo! :laughing:

DIS up, MEK!!! Hand that camera to some businessman on the tram!! :rotfl2: Usually, they are the ones laughing the hardest at this when we do it! :rotfl:

Love the BWV pictures. Love the theme. Its so Steele Pier 1960's and reminds me of visiting there with my grandmother. (Well - not in 1960 because even I am not THAT old, but you know what I mean) She lived in South Jersey and we drove down there every summer from the time I was about 7 to the time I became a surly teen.

I think BWV are gorgeous- i absolutely LOVE the decor, especially in the lobby (well....except for creepy Paul! :eek:) That's a very sweet memory you have of your Grandma- :lovestruc

I know you all probably had a wonderful time and I can't wait to read all about it.

We had a blast, as usual! :goodvibes When you posted this, I had just finished catching up on all YOUR fun in YOUR TR, but was too tired to write a reply! I thought it was kind of funny that you were reading about my girlie trip while I was reading about yours. :laughing: Anyway, I'll go post over there now-

I miss my DISmoms!!!!!! :love:

For the third year in a row, I laughed, laughed, and laughed...... We also cried, and we had a lot of "Me" time...... :rolleyes1

Let's just say, at least in my case, nerves (I'm a very nervous flyer!), alcohol, premenopausal stress, and maybe a little touch of something, caused us all to need a little private time here and there.......

And when I was texting Cammie during the trip, I told her we were "a bunch of hormonal, menopausal golden girls!"

Cammie quickly brought to my attention that we are "just a few years away from ECVs!"

Next TR may be titled "DISmoms on scooters.... Golden Girls mark 20th trip!"

My camera is all wonky and I have actually lost some pics. Really weird.

But let me do the honors here......

Princess Ellen.... our fearless leader and holder of the DVC points..... but that's not the ONLY reason we love her......

P5140612_face1.jpg

Princess Lonnie..... despite that fact that she is tall, thin and has a great rack (yes, I really went there!!!!), I love her anyway and feel like I've known her forever!!!! And she taught me about tea with mint to keep me regular..... :rotfl:

DSC_1670_face0.jpg

And of course, the original McSparkleson.... It's ME!!!! And just for the record ladies, I hold some I'm Too Sexy photos for every one of you so be careful what you post this year!!!!!

DSC_1649_face2.jpg

Princess Joan..... there is no mascara that she can't beat... at least not this trip!!! Love you girlie!!!!

DSC_1670_face5.jpg

Princess Evie.... So glad to have met you this year!!!!! Again, I feel like I've known you forever, you are sooooo funny and you added so much to our group!

P5140612_face3.jpg

And Princess Laura.... I guess I really have known you forever, at least in DIS land! We first officially met 3 years ago (almost to the day!) and then again a few months before this trip!

DSC_1704_face2.jpg

This was the first year for me flying in for our annual trip, having moved back to SC this time last year. I am NOT a good flyer, so thanx to my new friend, "Mr Blue Pill" I was able to get on a plane and make it safely to Orlando.

I stepped off the plane and Laura was waiting for me, luggage cart at the ready, just in case I over self medicated. Not to mention, those luggage carts would have helped a bit making our way back to BWV a couple nights!!!

My flight was smooth and I was sooooo happy to be so close to my happy place! After living in Jacksonville, FL, for 3 years, and going to WDW every 6-8 weeks, I was seriously jonesing for the World!!!!

Like Laura said, our wait for DME seemed to take forever, and then once on the bus, we sat there forever waiting to fill the bus so we could be on our way.

Before long we were pulling into Boardwalk, racing THRU the lobby and on to the International Gateway of Epcot.... after all, we had some DISmoms to meet!!!!!!

I will be back with my sister and her family, and my parents, to celebrate my parent's 50th anniversary, so I knew I would be upgrading to an annual pass (sorry, Ellen, you don't get credit for this one! :rotfl2:) so I got that all squared away and then Laura and I were on a beeline for........

The Ditch....... there were three DISmoms waiting for us there, and they had quite a head start!!!!!!

joining in... I just love your trip reports! Thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

YAY!! :yay: I'm so glad!!!

YEAH i knew demanding things from you would pay off lMAO. Already starting off right.. Upgrade Fairy (even if you did have to pay) and bloody mary to start the day/vacation off right.. woohoo thats my girls! Cant wait to hear about more shinanigans... um i mean fun times! LOL

Oh- it's alllllll about shenanigans- that's what makes it a fun time! :banana:

I'm here! I'll be back - I still need to do the dishes before I go to bed!:faint:

Hi Tammie!!! Thanks for joining in!! :thumbsup2

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO in here! :goodvibes

Now going back to read! Only one page behind! :woohoo: :lmao:

Hi Karin!! :hug: Not much catching up to do....yet!!:goodvibes

Jumping right in for this one!!

AWESOME!!!! :dance3:

Kara -

I can totally relate to the Menopausal Golden Girl statement. ;) Sometimes I think I am the poster child for menopause gone horribly wrong. OK - so maybe I am exaggerating just a little. :rolleyes1

Loved your update and your pictures of all the moms. You guys are a such a fun group. We had a lot of solo time on all girl's trip, too. It was nice, because we all just naturally went different ways at different times.

Looking forward to more.

Can't wait to hear all about the trip. So... are you taking applications for any more DISMoms? I'd like to apply LOL! You girls all get the whole silly Disney thing and seem like alot of fun to hang out with. I started making trips to the world in 2004 when my brother moved to FL. From 2006 - 2009 or 10 DS and I had AP's (DH was not a big Disney fan but I did get him to make a couple of trips. We've since separted but he still bought us our passes until DS was going off to college and we gave them up. College boy isn't so interested in Disney with Mom anymore. Cant blame him.) I'm hoping to take my Dad in Oct. Mom just passed away a few weeks ago and would never get on a plane but Dad will so my next trip will be Columbus day weekend and the next couple of days to visit Disney and Universal (Dad is a big Harry Potter fan) but I would love to take a girls trip at some point. I have a few girlfriends who would love to make the trip but just can't for financial reasons so I would love to have some girls to hang out with.

So excited you started! Although our trips were at the same time, they were quite different! We did the Scavenger hunt & Destination D. They were really fun, BUT really hectic. We didn't spend much time having fun & relaxing in the parks which was difficult!

Your first pic is of my good friend Betsy!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Terri

Ummmm I have been waiting fior this TR and I go missing for a few days and then you sneak right in!! :rolleyes1
Have some catching up to do then I'll be back to report :goodvibes

Tracy

And yes, MY tiara fits just fine. Jeff and Ally comment on it quite often. After all, what is a tiara but half a halo? Right? And SOMEONE needs to stay strong to keep everyone in line on these trips. It's a tough job, but..... oh who am I kidding? I had a BLAST as usual and can't wait for next year's DISmoms Dream cruise! But first we need to get through this year's craziness huh?

OK, need to go upload my pics..... talk amongst yourselves.....

For me, I like to call the first one not good enough, the second is plus 10, I'm in big trouble, the last is back to not good enough. :rotfl:

And I don't know about you bein in anything resembling a HALO, Kara.....:upsidedow

First class is the only way to travel! :). Great start! :rotfl: that you inspired AP purchases. Disney should give you a commission.

Let's see...you're at the Boardwalk and it's 11:55...I vote for a quick walk over to World Showcase for a slushy/margarita/adult beverage of choice. :thumbsup2. Oh, and I suppose some lunch. ;)

DING DING DING! You win!! Where else would we go? :thumbsup2

Love reading about all the moms arriving! WOOT! Arrival days is the BEST!

Yea- it's a very happy day!!:goodvibes

Well Geezzem, I stay off the computer for one night and two whole pages of a NEW trip report occurs. Count me in for the fun. :yay:

YIPPEEE!!!!! So happy you're here!:banana:

Looks like you're off to a great start! I see everyone had their morning cocktail with their cheerios:thumbsup2

Upgrade to 1st class for $69??? Which airlines?

Continental/United. Continental is the BIG carrier at Newark airport. But it used to be you upgraded online when you checked in- and for less. The first year I did it (when I went with just Loni) it was $49!!!!! :worship: Things change CONSTANTLY now because they merged with United, so who knows what's next? :confused3 I will say that the breakfast was the BEST one I have had in first class- very yummy!:thumbsup2

Here and subscribing!

Gotta say, I love that photo from your first trip with your family members on popsicle sticks...:rotfl:

HI! :cheer2: The stick kids were a big hit- bartenders remembered us the next year with them! :rotfl:

Not that bartenders don't remember us without them...:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter