JSHIP85

Earning My Ears
Question: What would you think if (either retroactively or in the future) Disney created a 5th gate that was Sci-fi themed with lands for Star Wars, Pandora, Tron, Marvel, & Buzz Lightyear. This would include Guardians: Cosmic Rewind and the Tron rollercoaster. Then they would (or would have) created the originally intended Beastly Kingdom in Animal Kingdom, created an Indiana Jones Land in Hollywood Studios (Bringing over the ride from Disneyland) using the space where Star Tours is located, & putting an Incredibles themed land where Galaxy's Edge is (Bringing over the Incredicoaster from Disneyland)?

I know it would be very expensive to do this in the future and extremely unlikely so I'm asking more about the creative and thematic elements rather than budgetary ones.

I am not into Marvel at all, and not into much in the way of science fiction, so I would not like to have an entire park dedicated to this genre. I would rather it be spread between the parks as it is now, so that there is something for everyone in each park. I would not like to pay increased costs to have another park included in my AP that I would never visit, where I am OK with going to DHS and just skipping GE or going to AK and skipping Pandora.

I love the idea of a villain themed park. There are so many great villains with beautiful aesthetics that I think can create some amazingly themed lands.

I think the odds are better for a park like this to be a 3rd gate in CA rather than a 5th in FL. I believe the strategic direction for CA, based on the moves Disney has made, will be to turn the CA parks into a vacation destination like FL with out of town guests coming and staying for multiple days as opposed to a park for the locals. One of the strategies that could help that is a 3rd park. I'm not sure it will be as you described but I would place a small wager that we see a 3rd CA park before we see a 5th FL park.

I'm going to say no to the sci-fi park idea. It'd be a real pain in the **** to even put something like that together. They'd have to move star wars out of Hollywood Studios, tron out of the Magic Kingdom, pandora out of Animal Kingdom (etc.). It just doesn't seem worth the effort.

I do like the idea of a villain theme park, or Disneyland getting a third gate (but I still don't think it should have a sci-fi theme).

I don't care about Marvel or anything other than pure Disney so sure - build one and then I can just avoid that mess altogether and not go to the new park.

Should be a marvel park for sure. Let all that IP go to one park instead of force feeding it in others.

Superheroes Headquaters

I'm going to say no to the sci-fi park idea. It'd be a real pain in the **** to even put something like that together. They'd have to move star wars out of Hollywood Studios, tron out of the Magic Kingdom, pandora out of Animal Kingdom (etc.). It just doesn't seem worth the effort.

I do like the idea of a villain theme park, or Disneyland getting a third gate (but I still don't think it should have a sci-fi theme).
As I said in my original post I know that it would be a pain physically and financially. I was talking more about from a thematic and creative aspect rather than a budgetary one.

I am not into Marvel at all, and not into much in the way of science fiction, so I would not like to have an entire park dedicated to this genre. I would rather it be spread between the parks as it is now, so that there is something for everyone in each park. I would not like to pay increased costs to have another park included in my AP that I would never visit, where I am OK with going to DHS and just skipping GE or going to AK and skipping Pandora.
But would you like the other aspects like an Incredibles themed land including the Incredicoaster, an expanded Indiana Jones pavilion, and Beastly Kingdom being brought to Animal Kingdom?

I'll throw this out there because I'm loving this discussion - what if, instead of a 5th theme park gate, you could incorporate it into a 3rd Disney water park. Marvel watercoaster, Indiana Jones lazy river complete with water and fire/heat effects, Zootopia kids area, and so on....

I'll throw this out there because I'm loving this discussion - what if, instead of a 5th theme park gate, you could incorporate it into a 3rd Disney water park. Marvel watercoaster, Indiana Jones lazy river complete with water and fire/heat effects, Zootopia kids area, and so on....
I like those ideas. That would be awesome. I don't visit the waterparks but I definitely would for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!