Discovering A Whole New World of Disney-An October 2013 Photo Safari **Updated 2/20

Welcome back! I can't wait to read all about your trip! I know you had to be happy to be back in WDW with the kids again. :goodvibes

We saw the Jammin Jungle Parade for the first time in 2012, and really loved it! The colors, the music, the characters...it's really energetic & fun. Unfortunately, I didn't find time to fit it into our 2013 trip, but I can look through your awesome pictures & pretend I was there. ::yes:: I totally agree with you about all the grand marshals in that parade! It's kind of amazing that everyone who has ever entered AK hasn't had the opportunity yet. :rotfl:

Thanks! Yes it was a lot of fun to be back with my family this time around!

One of these days I hope to be lucky enough to be a grand marshal on any Disney parade ;)

Goofy's truck is adorable! I've never noticed the supplies on the back!
I love Donald's float with the duck bill on the front.
I love, love, love your parade pictures. They're gorgeous! So much colour in that parade!

Thanks Wendy! I think they should market Donald's float and sell them! I would totally buy one!

Glad you had a great trip - looking forward to that report!

In the meantime, great AK parade photos! What a colorful, energetic parade! We always seems to miss this, and your photos make you feel like you are right there watching! popcorn::

I'm almost done prepping for that trip report so hopefully it will be up and running in another week. Been trying to write everything down before I forget things.

You know Dave, I really realize looking at your photos how much care Disney puts into everything. You need still photos just to be able to study all the little details that are so easy to miss when the parade is passing by.

They do have an awful lot of "Marshals" in this parade. :confused3

I do agree that the costumes and floats are beautiful. I guess I just find everything to be so similar and that's why I don't have a huge love for this parade? But it is unique, I'll give it that.

When you think about it, it's not that surprising that Disney takes such a long time putting together a new parade as evidenced by how long they've been working on the Festival of Fantasy. They are probably scrutinizing every detail over and over again. I'm pretty sure that the Donald float in the Jungle Parade went through several permutations before being finalized. ;)

We had such a wonderful time! I can also say that I succeeded in my mission of changing my brother's mind about Disney. No, he's still not a fanatic like I am. But he did have a great time and on multiple occasions uttered the phrase "Wow, this was not at all what I was expecting from Disney"
Good work!!!!

Can't wait to see how the family trip went. And even though it wasn't the focal point, I'm sure you'll still have some great pictures to share. :thumbsup2

I'm sure most of you will agree that the first week after coming back from a Disney trip can feel like a big drag as you re-insert yourself back to reality.
::yes::

But despite that, welcome home.

I suspect that as we get closer to James Cameron Land being completed
:headache: Come on man, can't we just forget about that crap and focus on good things for now? :rolleyes1

Some of the CMs on stilts I recognized from the FotLK!
Well, the costumes and the look of the floats certainly do bring FotLK to mind. It would definitely make sense to have some crossover there. At least maybe those people will have a job while they wait on their new theater to open.

They have so many Grand Marshals on this parade. I still don't understand how we've never been picked yet. :rotfl:
Next trip, make sure the whole family is dressed identically in some kind of a gaudy safari outfit. That should do it. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see how the family trip went. And even though it wasn't the focal point, I'm sure you'll still have some great pictures to share. :thumbsup2

Next trip, make sure the whole family is dressed identically in some kind of a gaudy safari outfit. That should do it. :thumbsup2

I think I was able to grab a few pictures. ;)

I'm pretty sure DW would never go for that. :rotfl: I think it's an awesome idea. ;)

Welcome back!

I hope you had a great trip to Disney and I hope the weather was fantastic!

I love the Jungle Jammin' parade. It's my favorite day time parade. The props are all so colorful! What's not to love?

Welcome back!

I hope you had a great trip to Disney and I hope the weather was fantastic!

I love the Jungle Jammin' parade. It's my favorite day time parade. The props are all so colorful! What's not to love?

Thank you! We had a great time! The weather was not ideal but it didn't take away anything from the the fun we had. :thumbsup2

There are still a handful of attractions in Disney World that I had yet tried. For some reason a good number of those seemed to be located in Epcot. So during this solo trip, I did my best to correct these past neglects.

Before setting off on my adventures into these new worlds I still needed to start off with something more familiar. So I got in line through the Single Rider queue for Test Track. Not a whole lot of pictures here as I was delegated to the back row and most of my pictures turned out to be of the woman sitting in front of me with her hair flying in the air.

If I ever get the front row seat in the future I'll try to get better pictures.

On my way out I saw these guys entertaining the crowds so stopped for a couple of minutes. To be honest, their act didn't hold my interest too long.

It's probably because I've grown accustomed to the percussion performances given by our children over the years utilizing various kitchen utensils that this act really didn't feel novel to me. ;)

So the first attraction I set foot on as part of my "Let's Try Something New" tour was Mission Mars. This one always seemed to elude being included in my touring plans of Epcot. To be honest, I've heard enough stories about people losing their lunches and dinners after going on this ride and I've been feeling very reluctant to try this over the years. I debated for a long long time whether I wanted to go for the Orange or the Green version. I eventually chickened out and entered the Green one.

Overall the ride was entertaining. And I was surprised to find enough jolts and tilts even the green version to make it at least somewhat fun. I could use a little more pep in Gary Sinise's role though. He always has a dry and unexciteable demeanor but this was even more so than his baseline. Seriously Gary, we're going to Mars! Let's sound like this is a little more exciting than say painting a room.

I don't have any pictures from inside the spacecraft. There was very little room to work with so I just had my phone out. When the button on my station lit up, I contemplated about sabotaging the mission by not pressing it but the family I got assigned with seemed to be nice and didn't want to crash land the ship. I know, the mission goes on even if I don't press it. But it would be kind of cool if you ask me if the ship did indeed crash because someone failed to press the button.

One down. Next up: Spaceship Earth. Yes, I know. It's just completely unacceptable that I never went on this one after all these trips as I was reminded in my PTR. I actually ended up really enjoying this one. With Dame Dench narrating things, how could it not be good? Although I have to say I was completely unprepared for the picture they took near the end of the ride to insert into some futuristic pictures because I was completely off screen my face was this big black hole.

So after finally finding out for myself what the giant golf ball was about, it was time to find the Donald boat ride. Or the Mexican Small World. Or whatever it's suppose to be called. I have been inside the temple building but never on this ride.

Who are we suppose to see on this ride again?

Poor Donald. Can't get respect even on a ride that's named after him.

Not quite as cool as the Tibetan prayer flags in AK but still liked it.

Also had fun looking around the market area after getting off the boat.

Looks good on him. It would take a lot of liquid courage for me to buy one of those hats. The colors in all of the merchandises were so vibrant and pleasing to the eye.

And that wraps up my tour of Epcot! I have one more update for Main Street USA and then we're done!

We haven't been on Mission Space in years, but the Orange side is the only way to go for me. :thumbsup2 I am not a fan of spinning things at all, but this ride is different because it doesn't feel like you're spinning. I have always found I am fine as long as I keep my eyes facing forward like they suggest. Never done Green, so I'm not sure how it measures up, but it sounds like you had fun. :goodvibes

Love SE & It's a Small Mexico! :rotfl: I'm glad you finally made it onto SE, it's a classic!

First time on Mission Space??? Wow. The main thing I hate about it is the claustrophobia. My God the space is small. :crowded:

:scared1: OK, first Spaceship Earth???????? Yeah, now I really am surprised.

I am now a green team on M.S. because that whole centrifugal force stuff is hard on me. Although, I was younger when the ride first came out and I have done the orange a couple times. It really is pretty cool. Green is similar except your ears are plastered to the seat and your words don't feel like they are being forced back in your mouth. Just go ride the gravitron at your local carnival this summer and you'll be ready. :rotfl:

Love your spaceship earth pics. More please!

Boo to the lady with the hair in your face. I hate that! I don't like other people's hair - just one of my little idiosyncrasies!

Cant wait to see the rest of your pictures!! Then another trip report. Stay warm!! I am south of you by 4+ hours and it looks like 12 inches or so on the patio table on the front deck.

We haven't been on Mission Space in years, but the Orange side is the only way to go for me. :thumbsup2 I am not a fan of spinning things at all, but this ride is different because it doesn't feel like you're spinning. I have always found I am fine as long as I keep my eyes facing forward like they suggest. Never done Green, so I'm not sure how it measures up, but it sounds like you had fun. :goodvibes

Love SE & It's a Small Mexico! :rotfl: I'm glad you finally made it onto SE, it's a classic!

One of these trips I may venture on to the Orange version especially if one of the kids wants to try it when they get a bit older. I'll just make sure my stomach is empty before we go on. ;)

First time on Mission Space??? Wow. The main thing I hate about it is the claustrophobia. My God the space is small. :crowded:

:scared1: OK, first Spaceship Earth???????? Yeah, now I really am surprised.

It is very tight in there for sure! And the harness is also very obstructive from what I remember.

SE in the past kept falling off our touring plans. I think it's because we haven't spent a whole lot of time in Epcot compared to the rest of the parks. On days we do go to Epcot we skip SE when we enter the park because everyone is lining up for it. And then we get distracted by all the other things in Future World and World Showcase.

I am now a green team on M.S. because that whole centrifugal force stuff is hard on me. Although, I was younger when the ride first came out and I have done the orange a couple times. It really is pretty cool. Green is similar except your ears are plastered to the seat and your words don't feel like they are being forced back in your mouth. Just go ride the gravitron at your local carnival this summer and you'll be ready. :rotfl:

Love your spaceship earth pics. More please!

Boo to the lady with the hair in your face. I hate that! I don't like other people's hair - just one of my little idiosyncrasies!

Sounds like I should seek out some local and small carnival rides to receive some astronaut training! ;)

I really enjoyed SE! I wasn't expecting the low lighting though and hadn't changed the lens to the rental. Had to really crank up the ISOs for these. :goodvibes

Cant wait to see the rest of your pictures!! Then another trip report. Stay warm!! I am south of you by 4+ hours and it looks like 12 inches or so on the patio table on the front deck.

Thanks! Woke up to about 6-7 inches of snow and now it's begun sleeting. Pretty sure the schools will be closed tomorrow as well. Really tired of the winter weather.

I am so glad you got so many firsts done, especially Spaceship Earth. I could ride that one over and over again.
Love the pics from Mexico! So colourful. I always like roaming around in that pavilion looking at everything.

The ONLY way I get through the agony of a 8 month wait is to enjoy pictures and reports like yours...thanks..

I am so glad you got so many firsts done, especially Spaceship Earth. I could ride that one over and over again.
Love the pics from Mexico! So colourful. I always like roaming around in that pavilion looking at everything.

Mexico quickly became one of my favorite countries in the WS after that visit. There was a lot to look at for sure!

The ONLY way I get through the agony of a 8 month wait is to enjoy pictures and reports like yours...thanks..

And thank you for following! I also have a little over 8 months left before we head back so posting these on my TR helps me as well. ;)

It's probably because I've grown accustomed to the percussion performances given by our children over the years utilizing various kitchen utensils that this act really didn't feel novel to me. ;)
Ok... I guess I'll let it slide then. I always like to see the Jammitors out. :thumbsup2

But it would be kind of cool if you ask me if the ship did indeed crash because someone failed to press the button.
::yes::

Although I have to say I was completely unprepared for the picture they took near the end of the ride to insert into some futuristic pictures because I was completely off screen my face was this big black hole.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Too busy tweaking camera settings to pay attention to the instructions? ;)

Pictures from the ride look great, by the way.:thumbsup2

So after finally finding out for myself what the giant golf ball was about, it was time to find the Donald boat ride. Or the Mexican Small World. Or whatever it's suppose to be called.
It's a Small Mexico. :thumbsup2

Looks good on him. It would take a lot of liquid courage for me to buy one of those hats.
Hey, La Cava is right over there... :thumbsup2 :drinking1

I agree with that. I love orange and it doesn't feel very spinny at all. I think for some reason green makes me feel a little more nauseous than orange. Maybe because I'm not as mentally ready for it as I am when I ride orange??? :confused3

Finally all caught up! Life has been crazy and weird, but I leave for Disney in one week!! So excited.

Once again, your pictures are amazing. The vibrancy of the colors make me drool.

I've never done Mission: Space. It scares me in a way I can't even express. LOL. But I Spaceship Earth.

Finally all caught up! Life has been crazy and weird, but I leave for Disney in one week!! So excited.

Once again, your pictures are amazing. The vibrancy of the colors make me drool.

I've never done Mission: Space. It scares me in a way I can't even express. LOL. But I Spaceship Earth.

Hope you have a wonderful time at Disney that includes some quality time in Spaceship Earth :goodvibes

You are too right about the bad guys!! There is a silly fascination with them. But my favorite "bad guy" will always be Wreck It Ralph. ;)

I really need to get Landon over to Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island. Somehow I always forget about them. :confused3 But they look so awesome! That's great that you discovered where to get a good on-ride shot too for BTMMR - especially considering that's about the only thrill ride that doesn't take one for you!

Good Ol' Mission Space. I like the orange side (is that the "thrill" side?). However, it doesn't affect my stomach, just my head. It makes me so woozy and dizzy and I just feel off kilter for a while after that no-gravity sensation! Crazy! Landon loved it though. Made me feel old...the first thrill ride to affect me!

Love the vibrancy of the items in Mexico too! Sombreros may be somewhat silly, but I think they always look pretty good in pictures! So festive and fun!

I’m back in the real world – I’ve spent most of the last week entertaining kids on “snow break”. I can’t take anymore days off school! :eek:

Good move taking the green version of MS. :thumbsup2 DH and I did the orange once and never again. We both felt kinda ill the rest of the day.

Yea for finally riding Spaceship Earth! I just love that ride. It’s relaxing and I’m also a huge history buff so the whole theme is cool.

How have you never ridden the Donald boat ride with your kids?? Mine never let me skip it. I have to say, I’m not a huge fan of it. I liked the older version of it better. This one seems like they just threw Donald in for themeing – which I suppose they did.

Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter