Discount offer sadness

Girlyanne

Earning My Ears
I was so excited today when I received an email from Disney with a discount code and it was for the dates we are traveling - April 2018. I clicked the link to see what the discount was for and if it was for my resort. I got an error that they couldn't find me. It was odd so I called Disney. I got a nice person that explained though the offer came to my email at some point when I booked a past vacation we had brought my MIL and she was listed at the receiver of the discount not me. I am so very sad. The CM did assure me I should be receiving other offers soon. But still I am sad as I wish I knew not to have put my MIL's name first on a past reservation that my DH and I paid for.

If it helps, you had no choice. Disney requires that all guests staying in a room are listed on the reservation.

Moving this to the Discount Codes & Rates board.

Disney does that. IMO I should not receive an email which is not addressed to me, it just clutters up my email & in your case caused you disappointment and wasted your time making a phone call. Seems like a bad marketing strategy to me, but they've been doing it for years.

Call Back! I got the code too and it was to my e-mail but under the name/zip of some friends that were on my MDE that were going with us last year but backed out. I have done this more than once. The CM on the phone just asked me if I could verify their name and zip and she was able to note that we traveled (or were going to) together previously and added the code to my reservation even though they will not be going with us. I got the discount this morning! :) I have got several codes under their name and even spoke with a CM last week who noted my account to let me use one that I had previously got under their name. It just wasn't for the dates I needed, but the one yesterday was. GOOD LUCK!

Call Back! I got the code too and it was to my e-mail but under the name/zip of some friends that were on my MDE that were going with us last year but backed out. I have done this more than once. The CM on the phone just asked me if I could verify their name and zip and she was able to note that we traveled (or were going to) together previously and added the code to my reservation even though they will not be going with us. I got the discount this morning! :) I have got several codes under their name and even spoke with a CM last week who noted my account to let me use one that I had previously got under their name. It just wasn't for the dates I needed, but the one yesterday was. GOOD LUCK!

I'm glad that worked out for you, but that is not typical. People have been getting PINS for others they have traveled with for years. And only rarely is anyone able to use it. Usually only if they have the same last name.

My DD & her now ex husband traveled with us in 2010. I have been getting PINS in her married name to my email ever since. She was divorced in 2012, changed her name back & moved to a new home. I am still getting PINs in her married name but now they have her new address. I have tried to get her removed from my email as her name now seems to be the primary name for my email with Disney Destinations. No one can seem to get her removed, and no, they won't let me use the PINS because the name & address don't match. So frustrating. :sad2:

I'm glad that worked out for you, but that is not typical. People have been getting PINS for others they have traveled with for years. And only rarely is anyone able to use it. Usually only if they have the same last name.

My DD & her now ex husband traveled with us in 2010. I have been getting PINS in her married name to my email ever since. She was divorced in 2012, changed her name back & moved to a new home. I am still getting PINs in her married name but now they have her new address. I have tried to get her removed from my email as her name now seems to be the primary name for my email with Disney Destinations. No one can seem to get her removed, and no, they won't let me use the PINS because the name & address don't match. So frustrating. :sad2:
That stinks! Both people I spoke with (A week apart) allowed it...as long as I could give them the name and zip of the people that the code was associated with. I have about 20 friends and family on my MDE. She wouldn't tell me who the code was for, but kept saying...no, can you think of another person. Finally I picked the right one. Then she said she would note my account to allow us to use their codes since we travel together. So, when I called back today, I mentioned the note and the CM had no issue honoring it even though those people are not going.

I used a discount code this year addressed to my late mother-in-law. It saved me 30% off of the Wilderness Lodge.

We planned a trip ( which we ended up not taking) years ago and my teenage daughter was going to bring a friend.
To this day I keep on getting emails with pin codes that only work if I put in her last name!
When I put in her name, my address shows up.
When I called to use one if these pins they said it was fine, since it was under my email and my addresd it was ok to use.
I've used it a few times since then without any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!